CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Optoma GT1080

4 Iron akyyyy is on a distinguished road

Optoma GT1080

Hi guys, just got my GC2 a few days ago and im now looking at purchasing the Optoma GT1080 for my setup in the garage. The area i have available is 12x20 (screen is 11*9) and the height of my garage is around 10ft high.

I went to projector central and entered in my values but im still unsure if this projector is what i should get.

Would i use a 16:9 or 4:3 aspect ratio? my screen size is 11x9 and the calculator is giving me the following ratios

- 4:3 im at 11x8'3"
    - 16:9 im at 11x6'2"

Ive attached a screen shot of the projector calculator hopefully someone with some experience can help me out. Im not even sure if i need a short throw.

According to the screenshot is it saying the projector needs to be 7'4" back from the screen with 1'4" from the center of the lens to the top of my image? Are the minimums or does it have to be exact?

Also, would i need to blacken out the side walls and wall behind the screen? Since i will be in a garage (ill block out the windows on the garage door) there wont be any direct day light as there are no windows in the room.
    Thanks in advance.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by akyyyy; 05-09-2015 at 02:18 PM.

9 Iron bionicbooger is on a distinguished road bionicbooger's Avatar
    Hi Akyyy

Yes you need a short throw or you might not have enough depth to fill the screen with the image if you don't use one. Even if you have the room with a standard throw, all you would see is your shadow on the screen.

That projector is perfect. If you want one a little brighter go with the Optoma EH200st. It is the same projector with 3000 lumens instead of 2800 and its throw ratio is .49 instead of .5

Decide on aspect ratio once you go to set it up. You will have more bare screen with the 16:9 at the top or bottom than you will if you use 4:3.

At golf simulator guys, when we do custom work, we just put some fabric on tracks for the sides. Feel free to text me and I will send some video and pics of some custom garage work.

Bret
    317 626 0660

4 Iron akyyyy is on a distinguished road
    hey guys got my gt1080 projector and using it with fsx. now im not sure where improve the setting but right now im not too impress with the graphics. and im sure it prob something im missing. a setting or something similar

i have the evga gtx 960 so im sure my vid card is good enough.

can someone show or tell me how to adjust the settings of fsx

i can only change the resolution. im sure there must be a setting like max and ultra settings like there is on pc games?

thanks

Thread Information