CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
    Putter mikemcnerney is on a distinguished road

ottawa instructers reviews

I'm wondering if there are reviews anywhere about the local teachers. Maybe like the "rate your MD" site?
    At 66 I just want to hit the ball straight & figure the short game.
    I don't want to listen to someone who has the gift of the gab & waxes poetic about Hogans swing or any theory. I don't need to add another 20+ yards. Just straight.
    thanks
    Mike Mcnerney

Postaholic downhillslider is on a distinguished road
    Gregg Foley / Joe Dubinski Golf school.

Plain, simple and effective with results.

http://greggandjoegolf.com/index.php

3 Wood MarcArt is on a distinguished road MarcArt's Avatar
    Hi Mike,
    Dave Kalil at the Hunt Club was incredibly helpful to me. And, echoing your own thoughts about wanting only what is needed; these words on Dave's website say it all, "Dave has a simple approach to teaching..."

http://www.davekalil.com/lessons.html

As a bonus, you would get your lesson at the Hunt Club; with its new practice facility.
    Regards.

Dave Kalil and Joe Dubinski have something in common. They are both accomplished musicians and they both have similar laid back styles of teaching.

Food for thought.

Sand Wedge strongjag is on a distinguished road
    I've had great results with Graham (and Jeff but I prefer Graham) Gunn in Orleans.

Putter mikemcnerney is on a distinguished road
    Thanks everyone
    MM

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by downhillslider View Post
    Gregg Foley / Joe Dubinski Golf school.

Plain, simple and effective with results.
    This past winter, I atteneded the golf school of Gregg and Joe and received some assistance that they felt, and that I agreed with, that would help me hit better. While I normally hit the ball with consistency, my first three rounds at Greensmere have seen me hit the ball better that I probably ever have, hitting 15, 14 and 16 greens respectively. This is certainly due, in part, to the simple, non highly technical, approach that they use. I highly recommend them.

Quote Originally Posted by BC MIST View Post
    This past winter, I atteneded the golf school of Gregg and Joe and received some assistance that they felt, and that I agreed with, that would help me hit better. While I normally hit the ball with consistency, my first three rounds at Greensmere have seen me hit the ball better that I probably ever have, hitting 15, 14 and 16 greens respectively. This is certainly due, in part, to the simple, non highly technical, approach that they use. I highly recommend them.
    Thanks to Gregg and Joe, my twelve yr, old son now hits it dam near as far as I do and G & J helped me out also !

BC, never to old to learn EH !

2 Iron smiths_falls is on a distinguished road
    Jeff Gunn is a great teacher and has me striping pure shot after pure shot....he understands biomechanics and geometry, he also has all kinds of teaching tools and methods. I would Highly recommend him.

there is only 1 fundamental in golf, this fundemental is shared among all great players from all over the world, that is.......they ALL hit the ball First, and take a divot AFTER the ball.

Making Cuts habsfan is on a distinguished road habsfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by smiths_falls View Post
    there is only 1 fundamental in golf, this fundemental is shared among all great players from all over the world, that is.......they ALL hit the ball First, and take a divot AFTER the ball.
    Thanks TIPS! If it was that easy we would all be on the PGA tour, what's stopping you if it's that easy? Must be your putter.....

I dont think you quite understand what I was saying Habsfan...let me know if you want to get a game together so i can show you what I mean.

Forum Jedi golfisforfun is on a distinguished road
    I think everyone who golfs knows that the idea is to hit the ball first... isn't that common knowledge? are there golfers out there who actually think they should hit the ground and then the ball?

Sand Wedge strongjag is on a distinguished road
    I like how a reasonable feedback thread almost immediately degraded into a pissing match

just to clarify for those who dont get it....my point is that we have all been taught that the grip, stance, alignment, posture, ball position...ect are all "fundamentals" so we have been taught these fundamentals first...this is the way the golf swing has been and is being taught. My point is that every pro on tour has a different grip, stance, alignment, ball position....some may be similar or the same but not all. So these things we have been taught are not "fundamental"....the only thing that tour pros do the same is hit the ball first and the ground after. Obviously its easier said than done, and this doesnt apply to driver and putter. The statement was meant to open the mind, and give people another perspective. Perhaps I should have mentioned this from the start. Happy long weekend everyone!

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    Tour pros do a hell of alot more at impact than just hit the ball first....it's far from that simple of an ideology.

its a common ground, its fundamental. It is whatever you make of it I guess.

Forum Jedi golfisforfun is on a distinguished road
    And they don't ALL take a divot after... But we get it...

Scratch Player Gobble_It is on a distinguished road Gobble_It's Avatar
    just to clarify for those who dont get it....my point is that we have all been taught that the grip, stance, alignment, posture, ball position...ect are all "fundamentals" so we have been taught these fundamentals first...this is the way the golf swing has been and is being taught. My point is that every pro on tour has a different grip, stance, alignment, ball position....some may be similar or the same but not all. So these things we have been taught are not "fundamental"....the only thing that tour pros do the same is hit the ball first and the ground after. Obviously its easier said than done, and this doesnt apply to driver and putter. The statement was meant to open the mind, and give people another perspective. Perhaps I should have mentioned this from the start. Happy long weekend everyone!
    You can hit a the ball first but with crooked grip, bad stance and aim, your ball would ended it up in the bush.

absolutely Gobble_It! with a good stance, aim and proper grip you can hit balls at a target, but it cant get there if its fat, and you cant know how far you hit a club if you dont know how to flush it. putting your hands at "10 and 2" on the steering wheel of a car wont help if you dont know how to apply gas and brakes.

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    putting your hands at "10 and 2" on the steering wheel of a car wont help if you dont know how to apply gas and brakes.

Not the best example...
    Forget 10 and 2: Drive With Your Hands at 9 and 3
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

hahahahaha touche

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Ace Travis is on a distinguished road
    Jeff Gunn is a great teacher and has me striping pure shot after pure shot....he understands biomechanics and geometry, he also has all kinds of teaching tools and methods. I would Highly recommend him.
    IMO you need to be the type of person (engineer, scientist etc) that has to understand the Biomechanics and Mathematics of every technical detail of the swing to get the most out of Jeff's teaching. If that is you (and there are many out there) then look no further, as he is probably the best in the city.

If you prefer or require a more simplistic, straight forward approach, then someone like Joe is going to get the most out of your game.

1 Iron john8888 is on a distinguished road
    Colin Orr at the Oac is great

Sean Joyce at golftec is also great

Putter slowmo is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by mikemcnerney View Post
    I'm wondering if there are reviews anywhere about the local teachers. Maybe like the "rate your MD" site?
    At 66 I just want to hit the ball straight & figure the short game.
    I don't want to listen to someone who has the gift of the gab & waxes poetic about Hogans swing or any theory. I don't need to add another 20+ yards. Just straight.
    thanks
    Mike Mcnerney
    I spent time with Gregg and Joe over the winter months. I knew their teaching would have an impact. My first round this year proved it! My drives were at least 30-40yds longer. What impressed me was my iron play. I like how their approach. Laid back and quick tips that can be applied immediately. Highly recommend them!

Thread Information