CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Consistently present bobbyc is on a distinguished road bobbyc's Avatar

Golf Riding Cart Usage ....

Don't know if this was asked before. Would like to get responses especially from golf courses ... i'm pretty sure some of them read these forums. But any comments are welcome.
    Can a person arrive at a course towing their own riding cart on a trailer and be permitted to use it ? Don't see why not !! I can bring my own pull/push cart and use it. How about a riding cart ? Not that i have one .... yet .... but the possibility may present itself. Reason is also partially for medical reasons ..... but not entirely.

Shagging Balls nexxo is on a distinguished road
    well, i am not a course rep but i would see a few problems with hits.

1 - insurance, if you bring your own cart and cause injury, or damage, ?
    2 - trail fee, the courses that allow private carts, (i don't know any in Ottawa) will charge a trail fee, perhaps this could be worked out, but i am not sure
    3 - this might be the nu,ber one reason, power carts are huge portion of generated revenue, and to allow golfers to bring their own would certainly result in a hit to the bottom line.

interesting

injury to myself or my playing partners or damage .... no insurance claims to course (sign a waiver) and chances are pretty good i would be treating my own cart with better care than a rented one; who treats rented carts rough anyway ??
    a trail fee for giving them my business by playing their course, not to mention before and after game refreshments/food ... that's what green fees are for i would think, plus the extra revenue;
    bottom line rental fee loss .... course will have less maintenance costs (p&l) and energy fees to consume;

but it did make me think of a another point .... a course would give me a replacement if their rental unit broke down (has happened before). personal cart i would have to ensure full charge and complete maintenance check .... and maybe carry spare tire.

thanks for input ..... i may have to query the courses personally on my season tour since no other/course responses yet

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar
    Do you have a CAA card?

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Not quite what i had in mind for getting to the course nice

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    Just an interesting yet seemingly little known fact. In the province of Quebec, you cannot waive your right to sue for bodily injury. All the waivers you sign are meaningless.

I have played a round with a fellow up in Petawawa who had his own cart, he paid the club an reasonable annual fee for storage.

You probably aren't going to see a lot of courses that would allow a green fee player bring their own, but you'll never know unless you ask.
    Andrew

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    It's a common practice in some places in the states. At a municipal course in Nashville some years ago I counted 8 golf cart trailers in the parking lot. The ones I saw on the course were customized. Not over the top but they were very nice carts. It makes sense to own your own if you play year round and have the space in your garage. You don't see that here though.
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

well maybe someday you just might see a few around the ottawa area even in NB a couple of my uncles own their carts. one leaves his at his home course, but he can take with him along with the others when they go play another course.

Good luck
    Mahatma Gandhi

Major Poster Chambokl is on a distinguished road Chambokl's Avatar
    At our little course, members are allowed to own their carts. Cost is $225 for a trail pass for the year. I would prefer to pay to have access to a cart all year. New Liskeard (100 kms south of us) charges $300 for a cart for the year. A lot cheaper than owning your cart.
    If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Wannamaker brucestats is on a distinguished road brucestats's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chambokl View Post
    At our little course, members are allowed to own their carts. Cost is $225 for a trail pass for the year. I would prefer to pay to have access to a cart all year. New Liskeard (100 kms south of us) charges $300 for a cart for the year. A lot cheaper than owning your cart.
    this seems like a better option. Sort of like a long term rental. Owning a cart hard to justify for a few months use, unless equipped with snow plough! I know of some courses selling their used fleet for at least $2k minimum..

you need to be in a community where the golf course(s) are within cart driving distance.. works in US, not so much here
    My paycheck goes to my dogs.

Shagging Balls nexxo is on a distinguished road
    courses will always find a way to insure they receive their $. Trail fee, season rental, storage fee whatever it may be. private courses of course almopst all have a seqson rental, clublink for instance is about $800 for the season and is valid at all clubs. This certainly beats care/maintenance/towing etc that is being suggested here. If there is truly valid medical reason for needing one, most clubs will discount the season rental as well. (this might take a bit of negotiation)
    As suggested above, in our climate, with the relatively short season, it really does not make a lot of sense to own your own, in a warmer climate were year round, and also many communities where a golf cart is legal to drive on public roads, it certainly makes more sense .

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    Members at Renfrew can buy a season-long cart for under $600/year taxes in. It is a good deal, and I'm sorely tempted, but I need the exercise.
    Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by Sakuraba View Post
    Members at Renfrew can buy a season-long cart for under $600/year taxes in. It is a good deal, and I'm sorely tempted, but I need the exercise.
    Buy the electric cart:
    http://forum.ottawagolf.com/showthre...light=electric

You'll still get the exercise but will not be half as tired
    Mahatma Gandhi

Hybrid headcase is on a distinguished road headcase's Avatar
    We have 45 member owned carts at Deep River, they pay $350 a year for the trail fee. It is $10 a day for trail fee if you bring your own cart to our club. Members pay $600 for an annual cart from the club.

Headcase.

Hybrid headcase is on a distinguished road headcase's Avatar
    We have 45 member owned carts at Deep River, they pay $350 a year for the trail fee. It is $10 a day for trail fee if you bring your own cart to our club. Members pay $600 for an annual cart from the club.

Headcase.

Major Poster Chambokl is on a distinguished road Chambokl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post

Headcase.
    Thanks for the infos. We only charge $225 for the year. We don't have an annual cart fee.

Right now... my cart is also use by my wife or daughter or son sometime. I am also partner (1/2) in another cart.... so my family pretty much always have access to a cart. Does Deep River has a family cart use?

What do they do if I have a cart rental but my partner rides with me... but doesn't have a cart membership? One warning then???
    If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Buy the electric cart:
    http://forum.ottawagolf.com/showthre...light=electric

i have an electric cart .. Motocaddy cart and bag ... love it have used an electric cart for 4 seasons now ... fantastic !! but thinking of a possible next level as i get older ..... and older

Thread Information