100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    4 Iron akyyyy is on a distinguished road

Gc2 solution for LH & RH players

Does anyone have ever a good solution for playing with both left and right hand players?

Found this but it's too pricey going to try something similar Diy...

http://www.customdesigngolf.com/portable_golf_simulators_and_launch_angle_devices_ have_now_become_better_.htm

Albatross mthunt is on a distinguished road
    Your link didn't work but I imagine it was for position track. It works great but there's a couple of issues. 1. You need a lot of space. 7 feet for each hitter plus about 3-4 feet in the center. That means your room needs to be 18 feet wide plus more if you want to make practice swings. 2. Depending on the software, you won't line up to the screen on center. You'll always be off centre depending on the offset capabilities of your software. When you stand behind the ball, your ball will be offset.

The funny thing is there is only one good way to accommodate LH/RH. That's buy 2 GC2's.

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    I have the position track and agree its not ideal. The spacevand offset issues gives it less appeal. 2 GC2's is expensive. I think that was the idea of th GCT. One needs to invent a position device that can move from the left side to the right side position for lefty and righties.

Lob Wedge Minnelli is on a distinguished road
    I haven't done this yet, but try a lazy susan.

http://www.amazon.com/Bluecell-Rotat...rds=lazy+susan

I mapped it out before with a bunch of post-its on the floor but don't have the numbers handy. If you place the GC2 on the far side of the lazy susan you can get away with like 18 inches in the middle depending on the size of the lazy susan. So place the gc2 on far side, when lefty is up turn the table so it is facing them and then back when righty is up. I saw somewhere or read that you could put a magnet to lock it in place for each position.

I still think this will take up too much space so my plan is just moving it after each player. I think I saw someone say they play the hole out and then move the gc2 for the other person. I think they just skip the shot. Never tried it, but still setting my garage up for lefties.

Good luck, patent pending if anyone mass produces this

I bought that same Lazy Susan. It took up too much room.

Putter elboren is on a distinguished road
    The guy at ocindoorgolf.com, George Henry, PGA professional, in Irvine California has a GC2 setup in his studio that you can get lessons on or you can rent to play courses. I asked him the left handed question. He doesn't move the unit but has the left hander stand behind the unit and hit the ball that is positioned for a right hander. May be a little awkward but I've had someone try it on mine and it worked fine, if you have room behind the placement of your GC2.

ive done that as well. Works great on the long clubs but on short irons the ball is way too far forward in your stance.

plus i wouldnt want to risk someone hitting it with their club. i know a long shot but you never know.

Quote Originally Posted by elboren View Post
    The guy at ocindoorgolf.com, George Henry, PGA professional, in Irvine California has a GC2 setup in his studio that you can get lessons on or you can rent to play courses. I asked him the left handed question. He doesn't move the unit but has the left hander stand behind the unit and hit the ball that is positioned for a right hander. May be a little awkward but I've had someone try it on mine and it worked fine, if you have room behind the placement of your GC2.

On a 7 iron, your foot would be almost touching it. You can't hit it with a club.

Eagle SFR is on a distinguished road
    That is what I have found.

I have posted about doing this in the past with left and right handed playing at the same time. I set it up for the left handed player and then I am the one with the weird stance as the right handed player. I have a mark where the unit sits for the lefties and when I play on my own and set it back to a right handed location, my left foot when playing irons is set on top of that spot. You do have to alter your stance but it can be done but I find I don't hit as well doing this.

The GC2 is never in danger when doing this but you may develop bad habits setting up like that but other than moving the unit back and forth it is the only way to do it. This also lets you center your hitting area and let both players have the same line when hitting. If you tried 2 GC2's you would never be center for either players and need a lot more room fit that setup.

well i think im just going to move to back and forth. Place the GC2 in the middle of the hitting surface, bring is the usb cable from underneath the mat and just spin it around each time. Does the gc2 need to re-calibrate each time when i do this?

No. It doesn't.

Lob Wedge Minnelli is on a distinguished road
    Use a bluetooth device on your computer. No cables needed. I just ordered this one for my pc.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thread Information