+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar

Spring conditions

Well here we are again. Nations tomorrow Please post the current conditions and any improvements that may have been made or are in the works.
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar
    Hey WW. Drove by the Champlain this morning: Still pretty wet:
    They listened to you and put the pond in at the 18th. Anyway one of the workers said that possibly they will open Friday
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Medalist imozzie is on a distinguished road imozzie's Avatar
    Played Mapleview today. There fairways are beautiful! A little long perhaps...but the boys were out cutting. Fairways beautiful...greens all good without exception. From the two courses I have played this week, I'd say we're off to great conditions this year!
    "If profanity had any influence on the flight of the ball, the game of golf would be a lot easier than it is" - Horace Hutchinson (1903)

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    Nations today--greens in decent shape after the winter--no damage--cut but slow. Lower parts of any of the sloped fairways pretty wet. No carts--no restaurant. I would have waited another week to open.
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Ace DecoyOctopus is on a distinguished road
    As mentioned in another thread, Prescott greens were fabulous on Sunday and I'm sure they will be even better this coming weekend. Overall no major wet areas.

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    I wonder how the Canadian greens are looking.

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    I wonder how the Canadian greens are looking.
    Heading out there tomorow 10;30ish Jordan, will report back.

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    Thanks Marc look forward to hearing what the conditions are.

Anyone get out to play the Marshes yet?

President's Cup Wknd_Warrior is on a distinguished road Wknd_Warrior's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chieflongtee View Post
    Hey WW. Drove by the Champlain this morning: Still pretty wet:
    They listened to you and put the pond in at the 18th. Anyway one of the workers said that possibly they will open Friday
    there were peope on the course yesterday, but no flag in the 18th.

I seriously wish they'd revise the last hole. There's probably some kind of indigenous frog or something living there so they can't dig it out.

Caddy Gofish2 is on a distinguished road Gofish2's Avatar
    Pineview at 10 a.m. today. Greens weren't green and fairways weren't fair but it was golf . A pretty good crowd for opening day but was able to finish in 4 hours. Greens are a couple of weeks away but were reasonably fast. Fairways are very wet and lost 3 balls that just disappeared into the earth. Proshop staff were great and made for super day. I will be back.

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Canadian conditions are very good right now. Greens really nice and rolling well, not too fast. Fairways where pretty much dry except numbers 17 and 18 that where wet and balls plugging. Closer than Prescott and i thought in better condition although the Prescott greens are always top shape.

Medalist imozzie is on a distinguished road imozzie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gofish2 View Post
    Pineview at 10 a.m. today. Greens weren't green and fairways weren't fair but it was golf . A pretty good crowd for opening day but was able to finish in 4 hours. Greens are a couple of weeks away but were reasonably fast. Fairways are very wet and lost 3 balls that just disappeared into the earth. Proshop staff were great and made for super day. I will be back.
    Concur. Front very wet. Back, not so bad. A little sun and all will be as it should. Kudos to the Pro shop staff. Great people!
    "If profanity had any influence on the flight of the ball, the game of golf would be a lot easier than it is" - Horace Hutchinson (1903)

Champion sharkhark is on a distinguished road sharkhark's Avatar
    I can't believe that for a change people are golfing in Ottawa sooner than me (now living in Halifax).
    My course posted pictures and it's still completely covered in ice. Gonna be awhile for me... Sigh
    "Chicks dig me, because I rarely wear underwear and when I do it's usually something unusual"

Golf Guru justsomeguy is on a distinguished road
    Played Metcalfe 18-hole course today and the 9-hole course yesterday. Very good conditions for April - better than I expected and I've been a member for 3 years. A few plugged balls but overall quite dry with very little casual water. Carts were allowed, but cart-path only for 6 of the 18 holes (8 of 9 for the 9-hole course). Greens were a little slow (which is to be expected in April) but in very good condition. It was surprisingly not busy - I finished my round in just over 3 hours today.

Shagging Balls Dunny is on a distinguished road Dunny's Avatar
    Played Casselview on Thursday. Greens great and 90% pretty dry. Well worth playing. Played Marshes today, mid May shape. Greens not running very fast but smooth and true. Didn't walk on a single wet spot.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][/SIZE][/FONT]

5 Wood gdwlkspld is on a distinguished road
    Played Renfrew, yesterday. The course wintered well and was dry... heading back there today.

Greens have been verticut and then cut twice so the ball rolls well; however they are still somewhat slow.

There are a lot of specials on Vokeys and Taylormade gear and clothing... check them out on the RGC website.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by imozzie View Post
    Played Mapleview today. There fairways are beautiful! A little long perhaps...but the boys were out cutting. Fairways beautiful...greens all good without exception. From the two courses I have played this week, I'd say we're off to great conditions this year!
    We also played Mapleview on Saturday. Greens had been cut and were rolling much faster and smoother than when we played there on Tuesday. Bone dry, as well.

Out of Bounds orangeTANG is on a distinguished road
    Played Pakenham yesterday. Fairways and rough were dry in most areas. Greens where terrible. They had been cored and sanded in the fall and have not yet recovered. In fact I think I had less putts at golfomax last weekend.

That said at $25 I wasn't disappointed. Take a 2 putt and move in. I think it was worth it.

Ace KOKO72 is on a distinguished road KOKO72's Avatar
    Played the Marshes on Saturday. Course in is very good shape. All fairways are dry and the greens are rolling very well, but slow and no winter kill at all.

Carts were cart path only, but they didn't have to be. No plugged balls anywhere. Early indications appear that it will be in very good shape this year.

al m
    Played Rideau lakes yesterday and was pleasantly surprised,nice and dry,

5 Iron sens_army is on a distinguished road sens_army's Avatar
    Played Casselview, yesterday, wow amazing conditions, greens were nice, just a couple fairways were wet. But very nice, im impressed.
    I've spent most of my life golfing - the rest I've just wasted

Putter Leigh is on a distinguished road
    Played Anderson today. Very good spring conditions. Green rolling true if a little slow. No standing water anywhere. I hate to say it but, I think we need some rain...

Wannamaker mjf is on a distinguished road mjf's Avatar
    Played Emerald Links yesterday (West & South courses... I think). Conditions were as good as you could hope for in my opinion. Greens were very good as were the fairways.
    Twitter: @mfarquharson73

8 Iron manotick is on a distinguished road

Manderley

Played Manderley twice this week and was pleasantly surprised. Played it in May last year and it was wet, soggy, muddy, water in sand traps and lots of plugged balls. Yesterday it was completely different. Very few wet spots, fairways drying out well and the greens were medium speed but a bit bumpy. Could not blame the course for my play, although you are not going to get the roll of mid summer

All in all well worth going to

Right now they have all three 9s open you you play 4 holes on the South, 5 on the Central and the complete North to get your 18 holes in. That way you miss the holes that are still wet and soggy.

9 Iron Sparks is on a distinguished road Sparks's Avatar
    Played Meadows South and East on Sunday morning. Fairways are in decent shape, a few wet spots in low areas, but few and far between. No plugs at all. Greens on the East were in rough shape though. Not dead, but just not rolling true at all - still pretty bumpy. They'll knock them into shape eventually, but can't report that they were great. I played Pineview on Friday, and while that was much soggier in general, the greens were in marginally better shape than Meadows. Hoping Pineview can mirror its form from last season - absolutely stunned by how great it was last year. New ownership already making a huge impact.
    "I used to relax on the weekends... then I started playing golf."

Putter Shnooks is on a distinguished road
    Played The Marshes on Friday. I was so happy with the course conditions. Balls did not plug anywhere. The greens roll true (a little slow) but that's to be expected. The course is in great shape, so with a few more days of rain, sun the brownish grass will be green.

5 Wood Pine View is on a distinguished road Pine View's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparks View Post
    I played Pineview on Friday, and while that was much soggier in general, the greens were in marginally better shape than Meadows. Hoping Pineview can mirror its form from last season - absolutely stunned by how great it was last year. New ownership already making a huge impact.
    Thanks for coming out to play on opening day. We are very pleased with how the course came through the winter.

Drainage will be a big project for us this year and we are still working with various levels of government on adding a pond to further help deal with runoff.
    This is not the Pine View you remember from years gone by. Come back and see what we have done and what we have in store for the future - www.pineview.com

2 Iron Guzman is on a distinguished road Guzman's Avatar
    Played Nation Sunday 19th, greens running pretty good, no winter kill, fairways still dormant, very dry..
    "Everyone is born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid" Ben Franklyn.

5 Iron sens_army is on a distinguished road sens_army's Avatar
    Has anyone played the Gatineau? i have a tee time tomorrow and a little concerned..
    I've spent most of my life golfing - the rest I've just wasted

Need a Caddy jmwhite is on a distinguished road jmwhite's Avatar
    Why would you be "concerned"?

Thread Information