CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pebble Beach

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar

Pebble Beach

So I got hitched in Vegas on Tuesday and of course we exchanged gifts that night. I opened a nice box which revealed a Pebble Beach ball marker, towel and the hat that has " Play Pebble Beach bucket list and a check mark. I thought we would make a plan to go there one day but little did I realise that we were leaving this past Thursday to drive there and more than that, my childhood friend was invited along which added to the surprise. We drove 8 hrs to the hotel and we played Friday morning on a perfect day at Pebble then Spyglass on Saturday. The hype is not exaggerated, it is a spectacular course and area. I was overwhelmed but did manage to get some pics on the way which will be posted soon.

The highlight was the par 5 6th hole up the point and the par 3 7th looking over the ocean. I was lucky enough to par both those holes. No wind, 70 degrees and just to add to the experience the fog rolled in on the 10th and 11th holes but quickly disappeared, it was amazing how fast it rolls in and out.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    First off, congrats Luc to you and Mrs. Luc. Looking forward to pics.

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    Wow congrats, that's amazing!

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    So jealous. She sounds like a keeper!
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    Now that lady is a keeper Congrats Lefty--courses here are opening up for your return.
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Thanks very much guys, I am back today and will dowload some photos of the magical trip. We had a spectacular beautiful sunny day with very little wind. We played Spyglass the next day with even warmer weather, that is one tough course, less forgiving but very pretty first few holes. Stay tuned!!
    Attached Images
    Last edited by leftylucas; 04-20-2015 at 01:36 PM. Reason: add pics
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Pebble |Beach par 3 7th hole

A few pics, I love the one of Tony the caddy photobombing me and my friend Marc at the first tee. Marc got a great shot of my tee shot at the par 3 7th that was playing 87 yds that day, missed the birdie putt but tapped in for par
    Attached Images
    Lefty Lucas

Here is the view from the tee on the par 4 4th hole and the par 3 again inviting you to take a chance and from the point looking down at the par 5 6th hole fairway
    The look at the 8th hole from the tee says go left!!!! The view of the same hole once you get to the top of the ridge.
    Attached Images
    Lefty Lucas

And the woman who made it all possible, my wife Laurie
    Attached Images
    Lefty Lucas

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    Well done Luc! Was it a slow round?

Thanks Jordan, we started a little after 9 and we were done around 1:45. We would have been faster but the 2some with us were elderly and a little slow in walking but they could play so it was fun.
    Lefty Lucas

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    That's the type of round I wouldn't mind if it took 6 hours. Congrats on the marriage and the round. Great pics as well. Maybe one day.....
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar
    Awesome Luc , congrats and congrats
    At the end of the day ... It gets dark

Im a fixture here Leftymoose is on a distinguished road Leftymoose's Avatar
    Any idea how much in advance the tee time was made?
    I like to call it a power fade

Thanks Will and Jeff, it certainly was a bucket list couple of days, the area is absolutely beautiful as well. We had a fantastic time. The tee time was likely made a couple of months ago. From what my wife told me the PB customer service people as second to none and will work with your schedule to make sure you can play on the day you pick. You can also play it by ear and book 24hrs prior if there are spots available I think, so if you are in the area then maybe you can play.
    Lefty Lucas

Uber Poster Paulio is on a distinguished road Paulio's Avatar
    Wow! Amazing story! We are all very jealous

Congrats, Luc.
    My name is Paul. And I'm a golfaholic.

Thread Information