100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar

Youngster Spieth claims wire-to-wire victory at Masters

Young gun Jordan Spieth, evoking memories of Tiger Woods at Augusta National 18 years ago, added his name to golf's record books with a stunning wire-to-wire victory by four shots at the Masters on Sunday.

More...

Wannamaker mjf is on a distinguished road mjf's Avatar
    A terrific performance by Spieth who just didn't let the pressure get to him and always seemed to hit an amazing shot / hole a great putt when he needed to.

However, and I don't think I'm alone in this opinion based on the complete lack of discussion here, not exactly the most exciting final round. That's two years in a row now where Masters Sunday, normally the most exciting day of the year for me, was... Meh.
    Twitter: @mfarquharson73

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    True. Saturday was a much more exciting day.
    Not fat anymore. Need to get better at golf now!

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    So glad for Jordan as he showed what he was made of.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by mjf View Post
    A terrific performance by Spieth who just didn't let the pressure get to him and always seemed to hit an amazing shot / hole a great putt when he needed to.

However, and I don't think I'm alone in this opinion based on the complete lack of discussion here, not exactly the most exciting final round. That's two years in a row now where Masters Sunday, normally the most exciting day of the year for me, was... Meh.
    There is no doubt that golf is more exciting to watch when there are several players close the lead and every shot is very important. What made it exciting was wondering if a young, relatively inexperienced professional, could handle the self imposed pressure of having a significant lead and we obviously found out how mentally strong he is. In the past, players like Payne Stewart, Tom Watson and David Duval, to name just a few, were perennial chokers until they learned how to handle the pressure and went on to become confident winners. Jordon is obviously way ahead of his time.

Most refreshing is how he handled all the post game comments, being both honest and humble at the same time. As a role model for young golfers, Jordan, similar to Rory and Justin Rose, could not be better.

Thread Information