CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Sand Wedge davegolf is on a distinguished road

Project X or Accra steel shafts?

Has anyone tried the project X or Accra steel shafts? I'm currently playing with DGS300? Any feedback?

Bogie dnagolf is on a distinguished road
    I prefer the higher trajectory of the Rifles to the DGS-300's, but would be VERY interested in trying the Accra's. Where do you get them? I thought they were like Nippon shafts...only available with grips and heads attached....

Par stinger is on a distinguished road
    project x shafts are the best! I will never reshaft with anything else. They are the silent assassins on tour. Straight, mis are not too off-line. But, if you do not take divots, move on to the next shaft, cause you will lose distance.

Sleeps here davevandyk is on a distinguished road davevandyk's Avatar
    i am also very interested to learn how the accra steel shafts perform. i have accra's in my driver, 3wood and 4wood and absoluteyl love them, i can't wait to try the steel shafts, but my rifles are so good right now, i don't know if i can switch, perhaps in the offseason.

3 Wood stone_bone is on a distinguished road stone_bone's Avatar
    I looked into the accra steels and they are expensive. Quite a bit more than the project x's. With the accra steels you can get them trimmed to get the desired bend point and ball flight throughout the set. I was going to buy the project x's but recently bought a set of true temper Tour Concept X1's that I got a wicked deal on. I haven't got them yet but they are on there way so i'm anxious to try these out.

let me know how the tour concepts work for you, i have heard great things about them

Out of Bounds buckylasek is on a distinguished road buckylasek's Avatar
    I have 5.5 Project X and i really love them. I tried a lot of them, and TTDG are really cheap shafts, and don't perform as good as you should expect a shaft to. Royal is better than true temper, for me.

I feel the same way. I find that Rifles are way far superior than are the S300's. I am currently searching for a set of Project X to try, but right now the Rifle 6.0 are the best shafts i have used.

If you take Project X shafts, you should lower the flex by 0.5, means 5.5 for 6.0 on rifle flighted, because of the flex point , which isn't progressive on the Project X's. I bought them on the net , which costed me 200 USD for a set of 8 irons, bought 2 spinners for my wedges. Really love these shafts. But graphite is really nice now, didn't try yet , but next set i buy will be Stiff graphite shafts, maybe NV 105, for my irons. I have a friend who has the Rv2 105 S on his irons, but don't like the feel. If you've tried some more graphite iron shaft's tell me.

Albatross TourIQ is on a distinguished road TourIQ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stinger
    project x shafts are the best!
    Hi stinger

Why are they the BEST?
    How many GIR's do you average a round?
    Kind regards, Harry

Well, i don't GIR depends on the shaft , depends most on the spin you give to the ball, the size of the greens ... I would say what's good with them is the consitency of the feel, unlike the DG's who can feel difference from shot to shot, and depending on the iron you shoot. And they are also longer for me. But like all type of equipment , some are kind of a fashion , these one have been experimented for 2 years , and i think they have a bright future. Maybe they'll be replacing rifles, the poject x HL was recently released.

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    I switched over to the ProjectX this season.

Like with everything else, shafts are all about feel. I really like the feel of the ProjectX. For lack of a better description, they are "crisper" than the Regular or Tour Flighted Rifles both of which are already a very nice feel. For me anyways. However they do it, I notice a different trajectory with them than the TFRs.

Some people prefer the feel of Dynamic Golds. To-may-to, to-mah-to.

Thread Information