CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    8 Iron col forbin is on a distinguished road
    If the FSX had all the options that the FS1 has right now, it would be almost perfect to me. Graphically, the FSX is superior and will eventually get more options, so I think it will be a polished product in the future. TGC I cannot speak for, but I hear rave reviews about it and graphically, it looks the best of all the ones I have scene.
    In addition to Yongchai's suggestions, my wish list would be:
    Options for the brightness/contrast
    Being able to use the minimap to place yourself on a course and practice shots from there.
    Some more camera options for ball flight that are similar to the FS1
    Have the auto putt feature that is present in the FS1
    SOUND!
    I think will all updates coming, they will get there.

7 Iron Yongchai is on a distinguished road
    Ver 1.2 is out today.

Seems like they really are trying to do a monthly update which is good. Doesn't seem like much, but i'm keen to check out if loading times really are faster and the practice mode. No mention of ball camera improvements and other stuff on my wish list though.

Details from email below.

FSX 1.2.0.0 updates include:

We’ve added two new virtual golf courses, Flint Hills and Haunauma Cliffs, both available in stunning 4K resolution

Improved course load time means you’re up and running faster than ever
    (This feature requires updated course installations; please contact your Sales Representative or support@foresightsports.com for instructions)

Functionality and appearance are more unified throughout the software

Course Play now includes a new aiming pole feature, left-handed club graphics, and the ability to skip a turn

You now have the capability to save your game prior to exiting, then continue playing where you left off

Our new Practice Mode has been added to course play so that you can optimize your skills on a variety of courses.

4 Iron akyyyy is on a distinguished road
    i got my fsx running finally and im not impressed with the quality. my proj is the gt1080 by optoma so im sure thats good enough. are there settings that im missing somewhere? Ball flight is smooth its just the quality doesnt seem great. my video card is the evga gtx 960 and that exceeds the requirements also. hopefully im missing something in the settings somewhere.

Graphically it is better than the FS1, but not quite the leap I think we all were expecting. The settings are very minimal at this point, but I am sure they will add more in future updates. Your card and your projector are both fine, I think what you see is currently what you get. Graphically, I think the Golf Club is way better, but I went with FSX because I was unsure if they would ever put a stop to other software with the GC2.

really hope there's an upgrade with the graphics. Im going to try blackening out the widows in my garage to remove lighting. hopefully that has some noticeable effect.

thanks for the reply

Quick question... Still getting use to all the settings bit how do I follow pov of the ball after a shot? Right now I have the tracer only from golfers pov.

Thx.

Lob Wedge Minnelli is on a distinguished road
    Lower right hand side camera allows you to adjust but these are not good options. They are all too aggressive. If you do ball flight, it immediately adjusts to the ball. If you do top it switches really fast. They don't have a nice follow ball option yet in my opinion. Its all ball hits the screen and display flips to view. So I play like you in starting position.

Im a fixture here rdh is on a distinguished road
    I've gotta say (and this is just as someone with an interest in this stuff and not a GC2 owner) I find the FSX screenshots I see on the foresight website very disappointing. For this to be the next-gen software is pretty bad...it may look better than the red chain software, but marginally at best. Maybe the screenshots don't do it justice, but graphically it looks to be far inferior to The Golf Club and Perfect Golf...not even comparable.

what you see on the website is exactly how they look. There is much more detail than the FS1, but that doesn't change the fact that the graphics look more cartoon like than the Golf Club. They also doubled up on a lot of the Redchain courses and revamped them, which is something I didn't think they were going to do. I don't think an update is going to drastically improve the graphics. They are still tons of fun to play, but do need some gameplay improvements that the FS1 has. Bottom line is I'm all in on Foresight at this pointed the company is extremely helpful although pricey.

5 months later and nothing new at all on FSX. I don't think they care about software at this point. They keep on telling me a new update will be out sometime, but I could very well be dead with their time frame. Honestly, it is bare bones at this point and it is taking everything I have to not buy the Golf Club! I thought they promoted 2-3 new course a month and frequent updates. Not happening. It is playable, but not nearly as playable as the FS1. Now I am told that maybe they might have something by the PGA show.

Albatross mthunt is on a distinguished road
    TGC is $995 now and dozens of players in tournaments. Just saying....

have you heard anything from the people you talk to? I was told it's "very close" but i dont know what this means.

Very close to them means something different then it does to us. I was thinking they would try and get an update and more courses out at least by Christmas, but I don't see that happening as I have been waiting since May for a new update. My best guess is they will use the PGA show as a platform to announce something or at least have it more polished. I gave them a chance, but trust me, the Golf Club is so much better!!!!!!!! I wish I could sell the FSX courses I have as I don't really see myself using them too much anymore.

New update to FSX coming out. Received an email asking me to schedule an update. Weird but ok...

Practice mode should be vastly improved with a 'right click' to drop in anywhere on a course to practice the shot u want.

Will update more, after i had some time with it.

I've used it a bunch. You are going to be very happy. It's good.

Quote Originally Posted by mthunt View Post
    I've used it a bunch. You are going to be very happy. It's good.
    Please elaborate. How did u get the update I haven't got any emails

They launched it at the PGA show last week. I think they are rolling it out now. You'll get it.

Putter john_mclean is on a distinguished road
    Very interested in hearing more about the improvements.
    I've held off upgrading from fs1 due to the reviews in this thread.
    Curious to hear if fsx is now worth it.

I have been spending most of my time almost exclusively on the 'compete mode' for closest to the pin online competition, so hopefully the new update doesn't reset the board and that the new update will post scores correctly.

And playing around with both the previous version of FSX and the beta version of Perfect golf and i would say, if you are looking for a practice/fitting session, FSX is the way to go, but if you are looking to play on a sim golf course, Perfect golf is for now the better choice.

Will see how FSX fares with the new update.

Just scheduled my update

Putter elboren is on a distinguished road
    I just downloaded the FSX foresight experience 2.0.0.0 software yesterday. Limited use so far and about to leave home for a few days. The One Dot for HMT requiring firmware update 4.0.0 works well with putter and all other clubs. Limited data- includes club speed, angle of attack, club path and efficiency(Smash factor). On the 1.2.0.0 FSX software it would give the face angle at impact but it was always the negative of the same as the degrees of in to out of your swing. That is not given in the new software. The look of the data is different. They also cleaned up the icons that you choose on the main screen to review shots. Instead of one icon on each side of screen that expand when you click on them there is only one icon on the bottom left. When you click on it it expands as before had when you click on those icons the options expand upwards. I think that is an improvement. There is sound on the courses and ball rolls through the grass, not on top of it. They added a TV view on the review of ball flight. The most glaring difference is that the software is one icon on your computer desktop and you open it to get to compete, fit and/or play. Log in once and you can move between all 3 without having to re enter your username and password each time. Also in the settings it allows you to choose if you wish to maximize graphics or maximize performance if the software is pushing the limits of your video card. During set up it recommended using Nvidia video card 750 GTX Ti or newer. I'm sure Yongchai will give a much more detailed evaluation of the software soon.

Since FSX release is for ver 2.0, i decided to create a new thread for it at

http://forum.ottawagolf.com/showthre...345#post531345

Thread Information