100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Putter realdrray is on a distinguished road

GC2 buy now or wait?

I just finished the home practice studio, with the net up, truestrike mat in place and 65" flat screens on the walls i'm ready to purchase the gc2 launch monitor. the only question i have is after dropping about 8.5k on the gc2 and software am i going to have an outdated system, are there any news or rumors of foresight coming out with anything different? perhaps the gc2 and hmt combined into one unit? just want to see if there has been any talk of new equipment before i place my order. right now i have a quote through foresight for 8500 for the launch monitor, fsx software, hard carrying case, and protective mask. msrp is about 9500

Putter Petroche is on a distinguished road
    This is a quote from forum member SFR keep reading til you get to the end of his post.

As far as I know, Protee or swingsense has posted on their forum that they will no longer offer the TGC package on it's own. They have made some partnerships with other golf sim companies and since have decided to offer the TGC with theirs and those packages only when buying a sim. Also I believe that Protee is almost ready to launch their version of a launch monitor so I would assume at that time they will offer their new package as well.

This was a new announcement not much more than a few weeks ago now. If you can wait and seeing the sim season in near an end now, it would be interesting to see what they offer in the near future.

I know when you have the itch it is hard to wait. Who knows if this new monitor could have club data as well but it sounds like it will compete with what is on the market now.

Gap Wedge noobie is on a distinguished road
    I have a GC2 and was debating picking up TGC software. Does this mean I should act quickly before the software is no longer sold standalone?

7 Wood wbond is on a distinguished road
    From the comments they made, I would say yes, if you can even still do it at this point.

Eagle SFR is on a distinguished road
    It may be too late already as on Feb 21 or 22 was when I read that they no longer will sell as a software package alone. If you buy hardware with one of their partners, then you can get TGC as part of that purchase.

If they are still willing to sell on its own then go for it now but I would doubt it.

Putter mcspam123 is on a distinguished road
    I have emailed Swingsense twice now in the last two days asking them whether they are still selling their ProTee 2.0 software bundled with the TGC software. I made no mention of what hardware I have (as I haven't bought any yet). I have yet to receive a response. I most certainly will share that with the group when I get one. I hope others will do the same if they are investigating this as well.

One more thing, guys. The one thing that does appear to be possible, based on my experience with the swingsense website, is that you can buy the ProTee 2.0 software without hardware. As discussed, we don't know about TGC right now. Before TGC became available recently, there were many GC2 owners that were using the ProTee software alone, right? How is just the ProTee 2.0 software in conjuction with the GC2 but WITHOUT TGC? Would most of the GC2 owners that had that setup pre-TGC still recommend it over other hardware/software setups? There are 100+ courses per the info I've read. Is the experience still very good even without TGC added in? Graphics? Play?

The simplicity of setup combined with the proven-over-time accuracy of the GC2 is so appealing to me. I'm just not sure I want to mess around with all the set-up details (precise lighting, floor/ceiling/wall wiring for cameras and sensors, etc) of the ProTee hardware system and still not have the accuracy of the GC2. Yes, they might be coming out with a LM soon, but how long will it be until we all trust its accuracy if ever? Jury still appears to be out the Skytrak both from a hardware and software standpoint. I can't use any of the radar units because I don't have the room.

I'm building my house right now. Low voltage and electrical being roughed in as we speak. I really don't want to leave my sim room unfinished while I wait for this to sort out, and then have to go back later and finish the space. It will likely cost me more money to do that. If the only smart thing to do here is wait, then I will do that. Just trying to make the most informed decision.

Feedback appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by mcspam123 View Post
    One more thing, guys. The one thing that does appear to be possible, based on my experience with the swingsense website, is that you can buy the ProTee 2.0 software without hardware. As discussed, we don't know about TGC right now. Before TGC became available recently, there were many GC2 owners that were using the ProTee software alone, right? How is just the ProTee 2.0 software in conjuction with the GC2 but WITHOUT TGC? Would most of the GC2 owners that had that setup pre-TGC still recommend it over other hardware/software setups? There are 100+ courses per the info I've read. Is the experience still very good even without TGC added in? Graphics? Play?

The simplicity of setup combined with the proven-over-time accuracy of the GC2 is so appealing to me. I'm just not sure I want to mess around with all the set-up details (precise lighting, floor/ceiling/wall wiring for cameras and sensors, etc) of the ProTee hardware system and still not have the accuracy of the GC2. Yes, they might be coming out with a LM soon, but how long will it be until we all trust its accuracy if ever? Jury still appears to be out the Skytrak both from a hardware and software standpoint. I can't use any of the radar units because I don't have the room.

I'm building my house right now. Low voltage and electrical being roughed in as we speak. I really don't want to leave my sim room unfinished while I wait for this to sort out, and then have to go back later and finish the space. It will likely cost me more money to do that. If the only smart thing to do here is wait, then I will do that. Just trying to make the most informed decision.

Feedback appreciated.
    Here's what I got this AM from Swingsense:
    "When you purchase ProTee Golf 2.0 software online from the SwingSense
    website, you will receive download links for ProTee Golf 2.0.
    With your ProTee Golf 2.0 software purchase a full TGC Simulator license
    is included. You need to send an email to support@protee-united.com and
    the helpdesk will send you all the TGC download instructions (TGC uses a
    separate download and registration process).

So to answer your questions: Yes, TGC sim software is included with a
    ProTee Golf 2.0 software or any ProTee Base Pack purchase.

Also included with your online purchase is 1 remote support service call
    for max 1 hour (to be used within 14 days of your purchase). For example
    if you need help with the installation, we can logon to your computer and
    help with the configuration/installation."

Thoughts?

Eagle SFR is on a distinguished road
    Get it while you can. Even the Protee software is worth it on its own, and you will play it and use the range often. TGC is a great big bonus then.

Albatross mthunt is on a distinguished road
    Protee runs well with the GC2. TGC comes with it no charge. Play TGC once and you'll never go back to Protee.

Thread Information