100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Putter mcspam123 is on a distinguished road

GC2 with ProTee 2.0 and TGC simulation software -- CAN I OR CAN'T I??

I have been scouring the couple of good golf simulator forums over the last 12 hours trying to get a definitive understanding of what the status of this apparently unstable situation is. I thought I had finally completed my decision-making process on what system I was going to go with -- GC2 with Protee 2.0/TGC sim software. Everybody on the forums has raved about this setup. Being a newb to all this stuff, perhaps I missed the warning signs in some of the posts here and there, but I was warned today offline by an experienced forum member that if I bought a GC2, I could no longer use the Protee software without buying the ProTee hardware.

After doing more reading, I see that some forum posters are holding out hope, having had some luck still buying the software NOT bundled in the hardware package (or at least putting it in their shopping "cart" at swingsense.com). Does anybody out there have a definitive answer on this? Has anybody VERY RECENTLY purchased the ProTee 2.0 (and TGC) software, downloaded it, licensed it, downloaded the GSX software, and got it all working with a GC2? Should I buy the software RIGHT NOW before they close the door?

Eagle SFR is on a distinguished road
    As far as I know, Protee or swingsense has posted on their forum that they will no longer offer the TGC package on it's own. They have made some partnerships with other golf sim companies and since have decided to offer the TGC with theirs and those packages only when buying a sim. Also I believe that Protee is almost ready to launch their version of a launch monitor so I would assume at that time they will offer their new package as well.

This was a new announcement not much more than a few weeks ago now. If you can wait and seeing the sim season in near an end now, it would be interesting to see what they offer in the near future.

I know when you have the itch it is hard to wait. Who knows if this new monitor could have club data as well but it sounds like it will compete with what is on the market now.

Albatross mthunt is on a distinguished road
    The owner posted that software is available while supplies last. It's a download so supplies? Loophole? Go buy it. It's great.

8 Iron torreypines is on a distinguished road
    I do not have an answer for you but I will share the research that I have completed thus far. I contacted Protee and Dennis van Drie (from Protee) directed me to a detailed description, by Zmax on Golf Simulator Forum, that walks you through the process of interfacing the GC2 with Protee via Bluetooth settings. I have also contaced TGC and I am waiting for a response.

Dennis directed me to the above forum and then wrote: "This feature is not supported. It uses our API and SDK. The interface uses the GC2 data stream to connect to TGC."

I am still confused about the capability of using ProteeTGC and GC2. Perhaps Zmax will read my response and shed some light on this current topic.

L
    Quote Originally Posted by torreypines View Post
    I do not have an answer for you but I will share the research that I have completed thus far. I contacted Protee and Dennis van Drie (from Protee) directed me to a detailed description, by Zmax on Golf Simulator Forum, that walks you through the process of interfacing the GC2 with Protee via Bluetooth settings. I have also contaced TGC and I am waiting for a response.

Dennis directed me to the above forum and then wrote: "This feature is not supported. It uses our API and SDK. The interface uses the GC2 data stream to connect to TGC."

I am still confused about the capability of using ProteeTGC and GC2. Perhaps Zmax will read my response and shed some light on this current topic.
    I think Zmax has his own forum and doesn't post on any other ones anymore.

Here's the deal. Protee Denis likely doesn't want to be sued but the GC2 works extremely well with Protee and TGC. If Protee denis were to promote this, he may get sued. That's my opinion.

I have a gc2 and Protee/TGC. I use it every day. I bought the software from Denis. It is freaky accurate. It's really easy to connect.

I live in Toronto. You're welcome to come try it.

Quote Originally Posted by mthunt View Post
    L

I think Zmax has his own forum and doesn't post on any other ones anymore.

Here's the deal. Protee Denis likely doesn't want to be sued but the GC2 works extremely well with Protee and TGC. If Protee denis were to promote this, he may get sued. That's my opinion.

I have a gc2 and Protee/TGC. I use it every day. I bought the software from Denis. It is freaky accurate. It's really easy to connect.
    I live in Toronto. You're welcome to come try it.
    Thanks for the info. On the Protee website the Pro Tee Golf 2.0 is $1895.00. On the Protee website there is a link for TGC. However TGC website only reviews various courses with screen shots. There is no information on pricing or purchasing TGC. I assume I need to purchase both Pro Tee Golf 2.0 and TGC? Your input on this topic is greatly appreciated.

If you purchase Protee, all of the interfaces and TGC is included. You can't buy TGC for simulators unless you buy Protee first. It's included.

Lob Wedge nicksez is on a distinguished road
    Can someone please confirm that this is the correct link of what I need to purchase to get protee & TGC working with my GC2

https://swingsense.com/en/store/acce...golf-2-details

Thanks

Correct link. Protee includes TGC.

Putter coopnj is on a distinguished road
    I just jumped in...hope I like it!

Sand Wedge Shine is on a distinguished road
    coopnj - what did it end up costing? Did you buy directly from Protee?

Sand Wedge Shine is on a distinguished road
    I'm ready to place an order for the GC2 but I want to make sure I can get the TGC software from ProTee.
    The ProTee website offers the following:
    ProTee Golf 2.0 Software - $795.
    ProTee Golf Software Pack - $1595.
    The Golf Club Simulator Software - $995.
    Which of these items do I need to use TGC with the GC2?

It's Protee who sells the software. Contact them through swingsense.com

According to Col Forbin response on thread "The Golf Club and GC2" ( Home Simulator -General forum, page 1 near top) TGC alone will suffice. Quite confusing since previously Protee Pack was required for TGC to function on GC2. Also in thread mentions purchasing a required licensing fee from Foresight to use third party software?

The GC2 outputs numbers such as spin Ect via Bluetooth. TGC captures that data to compute ball flight. Nothing is needed from foresight. They are just trying to get a piece of your money.

8 Iron col forbin is on a distinguished road
    I emailed swingsense this morning and they said all I needed was the Golf Club. If I wanted, I could purchase Pro Tee 2.00 at a later date. So it seems that for $995.00, you can get the Golf Club for the GC2!

Hacksalot
    Col, I'm looking at doing the exact same thing did this work for you? gc2 from ForeSight and The Golf Club from swingeze..... Just wanted to make sure nothing else was needed .

8 Iron col forbin is on a distinguished road
    I haven't pulled the trigger on TGC yet, but my understanding is that you can use it with the GC2. Before you needed the Pro tee package for $1,995.00, but now I was told it will work with just the TGC for $995.00. I'm waiting it out, but leaning towards it in the future..

Sand Wedge ovl is on a distinguished road

Pro Tee Sucks

Pro Tee Sucks - I have SkyTrak up and running with e6 Golf as I am a Reseller of it and got access to it since 3 months - which works for me perfectly.

Way better measuring of the ball then Pro Tee , same results then GC2.

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ovl View Post
    Pro Tee Sucks - I have SkyTrak up and running with e6 Golf as I am a Reseller of it and got access to it since 3 months - which works for me perfectly.

Way better measuring of the ball then Pro Tee , same results then GC2.
    Some harsh comments on the ProTee. Why so? As a Reseller I would expect a more mature attitude towards any product you aren't happy with.

If he had both he would have done a comparison.

Wait. You have both. All 3 including TGC plus you have Protee sensors and Skytrak. Plus you have a decent cap. I'd say you should be the voice of reason.

Quote Originally Posted by bubba22 View Post
    Some harsh comments on the ProTee. Why so? As a Reseller I would expect a more mature attitude towards any product you aren't happy with.
    It might be harsh but just as clear is I could be, just exchange 2 customers to trutrak because no real support of pro tee - a mess when you buy a unit for thousends of USD and you get no support of it.

At the end, Pro Tee over priced for what you get - I stick with Trugolf and SkyTrak - as this are working units, with a good software solution.

I want real courses not some self build ones, that may somekind of accurate.

Your claiming ProTee support to be bad? You have had personal issues with ProTee units? Be careful with your words. As I mentioned, you are a Reseller and I would expect a bit more of a mature attitude towards your opinion.

As written above I do not ever have sold pro tee or will sell one in the future.
    I have several clients complaining about problems with it -be left alone and seeking for help.

Also when someone has a forum and a customer posts on his webpage golf simulator forum some critical comments will be banned, hmmm then sorry to say this is not gentelman like.

All this based on 2 clients and you have no personal experience with ProTee. Not sure your beef but take the high road and move on. Let's get back to discussing GC2 and ProTee TGC and not hijack this thread!

Quote Originally Posted by bubba22 View Post
    All this based on 2 clients and you have no personal experience with ProTee. Not sure your beef but take the high road and move on. Let's get back to discussing GC2 and ProTee TGC and not hijack this thread!
    no problem with it - I am a good guy.

Good guy, can you please explain the relevance of your posts on a forum about GC2 and TGC?

Bubba, why engage this guy?

http://forum.ottawagolf.com/showthre...hlight=Trugolf
    Above is a long running thread that is relevant to ovl's comments but also relavant to this thread as the OP on the above thread now uses a GC2 with TGC which is what this thread is about.

Par Dax is on a distinguished road
    I agree, please start a new thread. Also, please ensure that you provide solid examples for your statements as the golf sim world is full of inaccurate and miss information. For instance, what systems were your clients using, how old were the units and what software were they running. Also, what problems were being experienced with the hardware/software and how was customer support not good?

Thread Information