So 10 days have come and gone and while the PC sw no longer works, I can confirm that the iPad apps have continued to work just fine. I have sent several chaser mails to FS and funnily enough they don't seem very keen on replying to my question asking if the device and iPad will continue. When I get chance I will uninstall and reinstall pc sw to see if I could reset the clock, but as far as I can see, for home use the iPad apps seem to do all that I need and that is just using FSkills and the basic Flightscope app, I still have VX2 to move on to in the future, so happy days so far.

I have to say it has transformed the experience of hitting balls into a net in the garden, historically you never really knew what you had achieved, now it is easy to see and I think makes practice far more enjoyable.

One other thing I have to investigate further is the battery charging, for some reason the unit does not seem happy with the battery's in the unit, the manual talks about making they are charged before they are installed, so the charging unit can be calibrated. I think I need to find an external charger to get them 100% full and then try to recalibrate. it is not really a problem for me as I can use it on the power supply, but may be an issue worth understanding for people who plan to use away from home.