CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
    Sand Wedge Godfather68 is on a distinguished road

Buying a used X2 Flightscope - Experience so far

Well as you may have seen in another post I decided to take an opportunity to buy a used Flightscope X2 here in the UK for home use. I had read lots of reviews of various options and decided that when a 3 year old X2 came up for £3500 (roughly US$5000) that it was worth taking the risk compared to the circa £9,000 price new.

So I inspect the unit all looks good, see it working with the previous owners iPad and decide to jump in and buy.

Now the fun starts, get the unit home and try to connect my iPad to it, won't allow me to connect over the wifi, even though I know the password, start to get worried, but press on with installing software on PC to try to see what that does, SW asks for all kinds of details including email before it will allow me to install on a ten day temp access!

SW sees unit, downloads a new firmware automatically, allows me to password reset the WiFi and all seems well as my iPad now jump to life and X2 Skills app seems fine.

Issue comes when I get an email from Flightsccope telling me that I need to pay $955 to transfer the unit to myself if I want to use it and the PC software! Now granted you get all kinds of promise of warranty with the $955, but I don't want or need any of that! What the mail is not clear about and I have had no answer to a follow up email is will the iPad apps stop working in ten days.

Anybody else out there had any similar experience, because I think it is outrageous, but maybe it is normal in the Golf Sim world.

While I am on my soap box, think trying to charge $160 for a 12V 40W replacement PSU brick is also way over the top for an item you can easily pick up for less than £20.

Will keep you posted on any response I get and if the Apps stops working in the next ten days!

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Outrageous!

Putter Army12Bravo is on a distinguished road
    That's crazy! Looking forward to the follow-up when they get back to you.

Par Dax is on a distinguished road
    To be honest, I beLieve that TM has a similar transfer policy when a unit is sold second hand. I think it is meant more for the commercial users, but they don't differentiate between us home users that are not using the unit or the software for profit, which is frustrating.

Sand Wedge Godfather68 is on a distinguished road
    So 10 days have come and gone and while the PC sw no longer works, I can confirm that the iPad apps have continued to work just fine. I have sent several chaser mails to FS and funnily enough they don't seem very keen on replying to my question asking if the device and iPad will continue. When I get chance I will uninstall and reinstall pc sw to see if I could reset the clock, but as far as I can see, for home use the iPad apps seem to do all that I need and that is just using FSkills and the basic Flightscope app, I still have VX2 to move on to in the future, so happy days so far.

I have to say it has transformed the experience of hitting balls into a net in the garden, historically you never really knew what you had achieved, now it is easy to see and I think makes practice far more enjoyable.

One other thing I have to investigate further is the battery charging, for some reason the unit does not seem happy with the battery's in the unit, the manual talks about making they are charged before they are installed, so the charging unit can be calibrated. I think I need to find an external charger to get them 100% full and then try to recalibrate. it is not really a problem for me as I can use it on the power supply, but may be an issue worth understanding for people who plan to use away from home.

Hybrid fhann is on a distinguished road fhann's Avatar
    Flightscope X2 needs to be turned on but not connected to the PC/Android/ipad and the leg needs to be fully extended to charge the batteries. It will take about 14 to 18 hours to fully charge the unit. During charging the yellow light will keep blinking. When fully charged the yellow light will not blink, the blue light will blink on and off though.
    Engineered Golf - Frank Hann 3.8 GHIN
    www.engineeredgolf.ca

Putter Golfer_1000 is on a distinguished road
    Did you try it with a sim ? Because it think about to buy a used flighstscope xi+ and i want to use it with the E6 without paying the transfer fee !

Thread Information