CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    7 Wood zacmac19 is on a distinguished road

Myrtle Beach Course Recommendations

Hey all,

Heading down to Myrtle in 2 weeks. Staying at the Barefoot resort which has 4 courses, but looking for suggestions on other courses to play. We are there for 7 days, so looking to try some hidden gems or personal favorites! Let me know which courses you love!

Birdie g8r is on a distinguished road
    Personally, im a big fan of the plantation courses south of Myrtle beach, Litchfield, Willbrook and Tradition.

8 Iron zee51 is on a distinguished road
    So many courses to choose from. Depends on what you are willing to pay or what courses are offered through where you are staying.

Some to consider are Pearl, Oyster Bay, Heather Glen, Sandpiper Bay. Myrtle National (Kings North) is always a good one.

Gotta Post Break68 is on a distinguished road Break68's Avatar
    Pearl East and West, Carolina National, Rivers Edge, Crows Creek, Grand Dunes are all great courses.
    The 4 Barefoot courses are overpriced and overrated, also TPC Myrtle is a joke for what they charge, it's way overpriced.
    Obviously you're not a golfer.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    If you don't want to drive an hour I'd suggest these: Grande Dunes Resort, Tidewater, Oyster Bay, Glen Dornoch, Heather Glen, all within a short drive 10-20 minutes of where you are staying.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffc View Post
    If you don't want to drive an hour I'd suggest these: Grande Dunes Resort, Tidewater, Oyster Bay, Glen Dornoch, Heather Glen, all within a short drive 10-20 minutes of where you are staying.
    And if you do decide to drive a wee bit, Caladonia, Heritage, Carolina National, Crow Creek and True Blue. We are in Myrtle as I speak and the one that i am exited to play is TPC Myrtle Beach. All great courses and cant go wrong with any of these. Enjoy.

1 Iron Bouboude is on a distinguished road
    Marcos and jeff have posted some good recommendations. One more I would like to mention is Rivers Edge. From Barefoot it is probably close to 1 hour north. Played it for the first time this year and had a great time.

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Just played Blackmoor. Beautifull gorgeous course, fantastic layout, looks a bit like Ottawa Hunt on some holes i thought. Worth it. Not too far from Myrtle south (about 20 minutes)

Quote Originally Posted by Bouboude View Post
    Marcos and jeff have posted some good recommendations. One more I would like to mention is Rivers Edge. From Barefoot it is probably close to 1 hour north. Played it for the first time this year and had a great time.
    35-40 minutes at the most. And I highly recommend it as well.

Playing World Tour Golf today. Its a course made out of all the popular golf holes all over, ex; Amen corner Masters, St-Andrews,etc..
    Looking forward to playing it.

World Tour Golf club was a bit disapointing because it really was in poor condition. Very muddy, unplayable at some spots, one hole was closed for repairs. Having said that, what a treat to play some of the worlds best known holes.
    Last edited by Marcos; 02-28-2015 at 04:51 PM.

Forget all the other courses if you go to Myrtle. Just played TPC Myrtle and it is bar none the best course we ever have played.
    Incredible layout and design. The Senior tour has played here a lot. Dustin Johnson has a golf school here. What a treat for us to have the
    South Carolina girls golf team playing behind us. Sweet swings!!!

Played one of the best courses here today ,Caladonia. Old style, mature trees, wicked fast greens. It was a beautifull day,high 60,s F. Windows rolled down coming back. Very much in my top 3 courses here in Myrtle.

Prestwick Golf Club was a very interresting and tough course. Slope from whites was 131 !!! Beautifull holes, half links style and half wooded.
    Very fair course to play even if the slope is high. Would recommend since it is 10 minutes from Myrtle South.

Hall of Fame Ginker is on a distinguished road Ginker's Avatar
    Rivers Edge is my fav down there.
    Proud Member BigJohnnys Ryder Cup Team '08
    All your base, are belong to us.

Quote Originally Posted by Ginker View Post
    Rivers Edge is my fav down there.
    We where looking at this one Ginker, what,s it like as far as layout ?

1 Iron Bouboude is on a distinguished road
    Marcos if you get the chance you should play Rivers Edge. Look for last minute or 48 hour rates. So many signature holes and scenic. Only negative when I played in November was the greens looked a little chewed up but putted ok.

Hall of Fame Ginker is on a distinguished road Ginker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcos View Post
    Great track Marco. Mature pines and water in play. Number 9 is one of the best/most challenging par 5s I have played. We will be playing it for sure the sexing week of April.
    Proud Member BigJohnnys Ryder Cup Team '08
    All your base, are belong to us.

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    Hey Marc---looks like you got some decent games in ???? This year has been fantastic in Kissimmee---will do an overall when we get home---back next year--already booked.
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Quote Originally Posted by big mac View Post
    Hey Marc---looks like you got some decent games in ???? This year has been fantastic in Kissimmee---will do an overall when we get home---back next year--already booked.
    Good for you buddy. Today is an incredible day weather wise. Upper 70,s F. Yahooo !!!! About time. Going out to Founders club at noon. Let you know how it is.

Well, Founders Club was a bit disapointing as it really was not in very good shape. Reminds me of our courses early spring. They have these gigantic waste areas that are hard packed from carts using them as cart paths so imagine trying to hit good shots. There is more waste area than grass so it was challenging to say the least. The slope from whites is 133 !!! The good news is that the layout is fantastic, well designed holes, elevated well bunkered greens. Reminded me of Loch March in some places. The kind of design we dont see in the Ottawa-Gatineau area.

Sand Wedge DMWARREN is on a distinguished road
    If your package includes the Barefoot courses then you will have to play all 4 but if you are just staying there not on a package then I would suggest there are better courses near by and in better shape. Barefoot is over rated and over priced. With you staying in the north end I would suggest Thistle, Tidewater, Oyster Bay, Aberdeen, Kings North, Long Bay and if you don't mind a 20 minute drive then play the cats at Ocean Isle. ( Tigers eye, Lions paw,Panthers run and Lepords chase, ) they are great courses. It has been wet in Myrtle Beach this Feb. so bring two sets of shoes just in case. PS the gators are up.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcos View Post
    A number of holes along the marsh which to me is what MB gof is all about. It's in NC, about 10-15 min or so over the border and usually priced right. Definitely worth the trip.

Played True Blue today and again a bit dissapointed in conditions. Wet, unplayable in some spots,moving the ball all over to get a dry spot.
    Some of the cart paths where under repair. The holes are really well designed and i would love to play it in the summertime when its in good shape.

Legends course today,played Heathland and what a pleasant surprise. Very golfer friendly course, great layout and in great shape.
    Free breakfast, free lunch and beer to boot. Warning: The waitresses are very good looking. Just thought I would add that. LOL.
    Seriously, i would play it again. Not far from downtown (15-20 min) and choice of 3 courses.

Legends course today,played Heathland and what a pleasant surprise. Very golfer friendly course, great layout and in great shape.
    Free breakfast, free lunch and beer to boot. Warning: The waitresses are very good looking. Just thought I would add that. LOL.
    Seriously, i would play it again. Not far from downtown (15-20 min) and choice of 3 courses.

Pawleys Island Plantation course designed by Jack Nicklaus was a treat to play today. Superb conditions, low 70,s F. just a great day.
    Two of the best most fun par 3,s i have ever played over marshland. They are situated on a dyke in the middle of this giant marsh.
    Worth every penny. Coming home tomorrow so glad we played this one the last.

6 Iron tclost is on a distinguished road
    Hey Marcos I noticed the date on these posting are in March. I am looking at going in April 2016. I was told that March was to cold.
    Can you play in short sleeve and shorts in March or was the weather to cool for that? Did you book golf and lodging together and let them worry about where you played or did you book your lodging and find deal through golf now/last minute. My buddy is worried about booking a flight and getting there and trying to book last minute or same day tee times. I would love to here your input and recommendations.

It's possible to play in shorts/short sleeves in March but you could also get cool weather. It would depend what time you want to play and where as March/April/May are pretty busy in terms of tee times. It would be better to book in advance. You may get a better deal booking it all together - I have done both.

6 Iron tclost is on a distinguished road
    ok thanks Jeff - Based on the reviews here I just dont want to have a bunch of over rated and over priced courses part of our package.
    So March is a hit or miss when booking for March but April obviously way better?

Thread Information