100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Sand Wedge Godfather68 is on a distinguished road

Flightscope X2 and E6 Sw

Hi all, greetings from the UK,

I am new to the simulator discussions, but I am jumping in with both feet tomorrow (literally) and buying a second hand Flightscope X2 and a Full E6 (86 course) package. I don't know the guy I am buying it from, is there anything I should be looking out for in particular?

I plan to use the flight scope outdoors in the summer with an ipad as a range in the garden with a net, but in the next 6 months hope to have finished the build of an 8m by 4.5m room to host a simulator, which is where the E6 ands flightscope really come in.

I am worried about the E6 SW, it comes with the dongle, so I am thinking I just install off the CDs and insert dongle and go, anybody who has this setup got any pointers I should be aware of?

Any advice/input greatly appreciated.

So quick update on the E6 software, it does not appear to be immediately portable, as when we took the dongle and tried to run a fresh install of E6 1.5, it would only enable 3 courses, despite the Dongle being authorised to play the purchased 86 courses. Seller is investigating with E6, but given previous responses from them, I am not hopeful that any solution other than buying the previous owners PC is going to work. Only sharing as might be useful to other potential buyers of 2nd hand E6.

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    That shouldn't be the way. Check with Trugolf and let us know.

Safe to say both organisations could not be more unhelpful if they tried. TruGolf not interested as I did not buy from them, not offering me any kind of solution and that is from Sales VP! All Flightscope seem interested in is my Serial number so they can understand how I got the unit and $955 to do anything. Right now I have flightscope working with iPad Apps, going to see how I go over next 10 days and see if they continue to work. On the SW will wait to see if the guy selling can get more sense out of them, cut it is not really any different than if his machine crashed and he was trying to rebuild on a new machine.

will keep you posted as the fun continues!

Putter wundej is on a distinguished road
    Curious to see if you have an update. Considering an X2 and seller is also offering E6 with a few courses. Wondering if it is worth paying the extra for the software.

Given last night I played Pebble Beach with 3 friends and had a fabulous evening,I would have to say yes the E6 software is worth it.

As an update to my original post, nothing changed with Flightscope they did not and do not care, unless you pay the transfer fee, but you have don't to, the iPad apps do everything you need including updating the firmware on the X2. If you go this way buy the Skills app it is brilliant, I use it all the time. The VX2 is also good, but has lots of overlap with the E6 practice range, which I prefer. One note of caution you do need the cd with the sw that comes with the FS if you plan to connect to your PC via usb, you need the drivers, if you use wifi then not required.

Everything changed for me with E6 when v1.6 came out, as soon as I was willing to buy the upgrade, which was offered at a very fair price, they could not have been more helpful, transferred the product into my name, they also helped me verify the dongle was genuine before I bought it. Their after sales support has been first rate and continues to be so. Also I have to say the sw is really good as long as you recognise there will be no putting with a FS attached.

Putter wundej is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Godfather68 View Post
    Given last night I played Pebble Beach with 3 friends and had a fabulous evening,I would have to say yes the E6 software is worth it.

As an update to my original post, nothing changed with Flightscope they did not and do not care, unless you pay the transfer fee, but you have don't to, the iPad apps do everything you need including updating the firmware on the X2. If you go this way buy the Skills app it is brilliant, I use it all the time. The VX2 is also good, but has lots of overlap with the E6 practice range, which I prefer. One note of caution you do need the cd with the sw that comes with the FS if you plan to connect to your PC via usb, you need the drivers, if you use wifi then not required.

Everything changed for me with E6 when v1.6 came out, as soon as I was willing to buy the upgrade, which was offered at a very fair price, they could not have been more helpful, transferred the product into my name, they also helped me verify the dongle was genuine before I bought it. Their after sales support has been first rate and continues to be so. Also I have to say the sw is really good as long as you recognise there will be no putting with a FS attached.
    Thanks for the update. I went ahead and grabbed E6 with it.
    Now I have to figure out hardware for it.

My opinion and experience, no need to go mad with the PC. I use a Sony vaio Duo 13 laptop and the touch screen is really good for in game integration with the E6. Yes a more powerful PC would be nice, but as a start you can get a good experience without spending a fortune.

Thread Information