CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PR-20 screen

Lob Wedge Tray is on a distinguished road

PR-20 screen

Hey guys i am currently looking for a screen for my basement sim build, i am looking at the PR-20 from west coast netting, anyone use this, or have any thoughts on the product? thanks

Shotmaker bubs3141 is on a distinguished road
    I would recommend buying from Par2pro. Much better screen quality.

Par Dax is on a distinguished road
    I have not done a comparison, but have the HQ screen from Par2pro as well. and am very happy.

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Agree with above. No comparison. Go with the HQ screen.

Asics
    OP, I just got the PR-20, and I am very pleased with it. It also costs only about 25% of what you pay for the finished HQ material.

Lob Wedge Tray is on a distinguished road
    Thanks Asics, just another question since you have it, how fast is your ball speed coming off the driver, i have a high ball speed and i just want to make sure that it will hold up

Asics
    On my GC2, my better drives measure around 280. Sorry, but I haven't paid attention to ball speed lately. I have the mat positioned around 8-9 feet from the screen. I've had it a couple of months and no issues so far. It is very quiet. From what others on here have said, it may be that the HQ material gives a better picture quality, but I think the PR-20 is more than adequate for a simulator screen. For price, there is no comparison.

7 Wood wbond is on a distinguished road
    I just got my pr20 and you definitely can't beat the price. I only use it for my simulator so I didn't need an HQ screen, plus I don't have the greatest projector anyway. I have mine hanging in front of a net only because I had the net already. My impact position is not centered, so I purchased it as a square so if it starts to wear i can just rotate it.

Eagle SFR is on a distinguished road
    I had one that I am sure is the same as the pr 20 as a demo. It held up good for a year and a bit but started to get a bit fuzzed up where my 8 iron impact spot was and one day the ball went right through. Lucky I use another canvas behind it for support. I could not flip it as that spot would have been about the same area either way I flipped it.

Watch the balls for burrs and try not to use then if they get scuffed. Picture was not as good as it seemed to let a lot of the light through and with the 2nd canvas behind you could see a ghost image showing through.

I am using an HQ screen now.... it has 2 layers hanging behind it.

So it may not be too bad of a screen to start with, but it may wear in your 2nd year. Wedges are the hardest on them with the backspin.

3 Iron tarmactrr is on a distinguished road
    I've had both the par2pro HQ raw screen and the pr20 screen. The pr20 screen frayed relatively quickly from ball spin on the netting. The par2pro screen I have had no issues with fraying, but I did managed to punch 2 holes in it from a 170mph ball speed ball. Was a bit disappointed from that. I used the extra material I had and patched them and sofar it's been holding up fine.

Albatross mthunt is on a distinguished road
    tarmactrr, do you have anything behind your screen to support it? Extra netting seems to be the way to go. That's what I did. Mines only been up for 3 months but the ball speed is similar.

3 Iron tarmactrr is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by mthunt View Post
    tarmactrr, do you have anything behind your screen to support it? Extra netting seems to be the way to go. That's what I did. Mines only been up for 3 months but the ball speed is similar.
    no just the Par2Pro net on bungee cords.

Lob Wedge Minnelli is on a distinguished road
    I have the pr-20 from west coast netting because I did a garage setup and didn't want to commit at the time to a higher cost net. I'm looking at building a sim room so I will probably go with Cory's HQ. The pr-20 is solid and I like it but the projection quality isn't the best. I got some sample scrap boxes from Carls Place (video screens) and tried to improve the screen quality to no avail. The balls would just punch through the video screen even with the pr-20 right against it. I thought about placing the video screens behind it to fill in the tiny light bleed through/ gaps but never did. I think the HQ raw is going to be the way to go but for a tight budget the pr-20 will work fine.

Putter Bert60 is on a distinguished road
    Has anyone had any experience with the PR-100 from West Coast netting?

Thread Information