CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Golf Shoes

3 Wood boylebj is on a distinguished road boylebj's Avatar

Golf Shoes

Any recommendations for a comfortable golf shoe for wide feet?
    I find spiked shoes hurt my feet but if there is one that is comfortable?

Posting Sensei justsomeguy is on a distinguished road
    FootJoys and Nike shoes are available in wide sizes. I wear EEE street shoes and I have had no trouble finding comfortable shoes from these manufacturers as long as I stick to the "W" widths. TRUE Linkswear makes spikeless golf shoes that are naturally wide and very comfortable, but the waterproofing for them never seems to work as advertised. I currently have two pairs of FootJoy Contours and have no problems walking 18 holes in the early morning.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Which models of the Contours do you wear? I have been sticking with the Footjoys that have the competition last (narrow heel and full forefoot) in the Wide size and they fit great but this last is quickly disappearing.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Putter kmercier is on a distinguished road
    I would highly recommend the TrueLinkswear shoes. I own 7 pair and i love them. I actually have a pair that i use for everyday wear. I have not had an issue with the waterproofing in the leather shoes. In the more breathable type shoes there is definitely going to be an issue with waterproofing. If you want to have an all around super comfortable pair of shoes, TrueLinks are the way to go.

BigFlopper
    Quote Originally Posted by kmercier View Post
    I would highly recommend the TrueLinkswear shoes. I own 7 pair and i love them. I actually have a pair that i use for everyday wear. I have not had an issue with the waterproofing in the leather shoes. In the more breathable type shoes there is definitely going to be an issue with waterproofing. If you want to have an all around super comfortable pair of shoes, TrueLinks are the way to go.
    Do they come in wide sizes?

Putter kmercier is on a distinguished road
    I don't know if they come in a wide size, but they are a wide fitting shoe. Especially the older models. As with any shoe i would recommend that you try on the shoe before you buy it. I do know that they will be releasing their new shoes in the beginning of March. If you are lucky a GolfTown near you will carry the new shoes. But if its anything like Edmonton that will vary depending on the store.

Lob Wedge junior123 is on a distinguished road
    I have 5 pairs of the footjoy countor with spider crank laces best golf shoe going and yes i am a walker.

Consistently present SnazzyD is on a distinguished road
    The most comfortable pair of golf shoes I've ever had are the Footjoy M Project spiked version, in a wide size (the spiked version has a nice supple leather-like material unlike the stiffer mesh of the spikeless ones). That is, until I found a pair of Ecco Biom Hydromax shoes - normally $200+ but I found a mint pair in my size for $30 on eBay. Walked 18 on Saturday wearing those and the only part of me that wasn't hurting was my feet...lol

Not to mention my feet were kept dry despite the rainstorm I was playing through...

3 Wood 3putt is on a distinguished road 3putt's Avatar
    +1 for TrueLinkswear. I also have wide feet and always have a hard time finding comfortable shoes. I own 3 pairs of TrueLinkswear shoes and they are great for walking the course.

Thread Information