CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Skytrak

Putter sebmour is on a distinguished road

Skytrak

Whom has one and how is it going with the new updates?

I am looking into the Skytrak and flightscope. I know they don't work the same way and are not price the same.

I am looking for indoor and outdoor personal use.

Cheers,

Ace goatbarn is on a distinguished road
    Flightscope requires min. 23' (can get away with 22' from my experience) clear span from radar to impact net/screen.

So if you don't have that, you can cross that off the list.

Skytrak on the other hand would still be an option, but from what I've seen from user reviews it's accuracy outdoors in questionable. Outdoor accuracy may only be poor due to the usual quality of range balls, especially their dimple depth/integrity.

But, I don't own a Skytrak. So, let me know if you have any more questions regarding a Flightscope.

Par Dax is on a distinguished road
    I agree with goat barn, the distance is key and so you want to make sure your measurements are spot on. This includes keeping in mind that the unit will sit ahead of your back wall (my TM sits about 8 inches off of the back wall) and then your net will need to be at least 1foot from the wall as well (most suggest 18 iches). Factoring all this in, you need 24 or 25 feet for FS and about 21 or 22 feet for TM (if your driver ball speed is greater than 150 mph and spins less than 2,000 rpm, then you will need more space).

I decided to go with Skytrak because I would not have the 25-30 feet needed for the indoor flightscope.
    This will mostly be indoor only. I have a range for outdoor. I can see the flight with my own 2 eyes...

7 Wood wbond is on a distinguished road
    I went with a skytrak for a few reasons, space limitations, portability and simulation was not a requirement for me. They have released a couple updates so far. They need to do another because the last one messed up the mid iron display. The measurements appear to be correct, it's just displaying too much carry. They had a similar issue initially with short irons, that is now fixed. I don't really plan to use it outdoors, although some people have and the outcome varies, one was showing short pitches pretty well and another was hitting off of a mat which seemed to work well. If you really plan to use this outdoors on grass, you may want to consider something else. I think the skytrak has a small window for picking up the ball, probably why they have a laser for ball placement. If you hit off of grass, it sounds like the divot messes with the reading and you would then pretty much have to hit out of the same divot or keep moving the unit. Sounds like a hassle. I have found that worn balls do have more issues picking up spin. Also, skytrak still has no sim, no pc hookup and at the moment you must use the latest ipad's. So, lots to consider at this point. For me, i am very happy with the unit, even with it's initial shortcomings. I believe most of the initial problems will be fixed. If the sim does pan out, i would consider that a bonus. There may be other units coming out, but in this industry, it's painfully slow. Good luck in your search.

I can't wait to have it at home. I don't really care about the issue with carry distances since I know how far I hit my clubs. I want to see my ball flight left to right, right to left, low and high. I already have a proper iPad for the Skytrak. I need to get a proper net and mat. Now there's another challenge...lol

7 Wood wbond is on a distinguished road
    I would check into west coast netting, they have decent prices on netting and you can customize sizes for fairly cheap. Also, if you are going to project an image on there, they have PR20 which is quite cost effective as well. For mat, you can make your own a little cheaper than buying one. I purchased just a strip of country club elite real feel golf mat and that i drop into my base. Cost for just the hitting portion is about $50 vs $250 and up. So there are ways to save a little going this route.
    Quote Originally Posted by sebmour View Post
    I can't wait to have it at home. I don't really care about the issue with carry distances since I know how far I hit my clubs. I want to see my ball flight left to right, right to left, low and high. I already have a proper iPad for the Skytrak. I need to get a proper net and mat. Now there's another challenge...lol

Lob Wedge Tray is on a distinguished road
    does anyone have a review using the skytrak system with WGT?

Gap Wedge m3w is on a distinguished road
    It doesn't work with WGT yet.

Lob Wedge Tray is on a distinguished road
    Thought it did lol nvm

Thread Information