100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    "Richard"

AJ golf and Butch Harmon

These guys have these very popular HOW TO dvds for golf. Anyone have them? Seen them? What did you think? Worth the money or am I better of going to kevin haime and getting 3 lessons

Green Jacket GarthM is on a distinguished road GarthM's Avatar
    If you judge popularity by how often they appear on the Golf Channel on Saturday mornings then yes they are....

Take some lessons you will be better off for it.

Andru
    thotho

Some of these guys just have "take some lessons" in the clipboard and they paste it everytime someone posts a question like this. Here's an attempt to give you some insight. Since I've seen the DVD.

The AJ dvd will get you to a 9-10 handicap if you're fairly athletic and you have good hand eye coordination. It's very simple to follow and for most people it's good enough. If you're not into practicing a whole lot you'll enjoy this. he basically teaches you how to use the golf club. I know that sounds stupid but he teaches you how to use the club between the toes. Creating lag by leading with your hands, hitting down and through the ball. It becomes a bit wrist action swing. With a little practice you become very good at striking the ball. You do have days when you're timing is off and you're not quite as accurate. For the record. I had a day last year when I hit 18 of 18 greens in regulation at the marshes from the blues. I've carded much worse rounds as well. I was basically an 8-10 index. You get streaky.

Just a note the short game DVD is pretty good. I think it's a great exercise in skill development. And for some people who will be very happy to shoot int he 80's and sometimes break into the 70's it's a fun way to go.

If you're trying to become a better player sub 8 index. Then get this book http://www.paulbertholy.com/ It's 32 USD and Doug will ship it pronto. He's a very nice guy and the book is awesome. All you need is the knowledge and the work ethic and you'll get better.

I have no knowledge of the Butch Harmon dvd I won't comment on dvd's I've never seen.

Bogie Marmotte is on a distinguished road Marmotte's Avatar
    The "AJ tells the truth about golf" contains a lot of filler talk. The first DVD is typical hard selling good for infomercial prime time. The second DVD does address AJ's theory and some of the techjniques (approximately 12 minutes out of 30), and the DVDs on Putting and short game is superficial and very poor quality.
    I am not impressed, and if it could prevent you from buying a copy, you can gladly borrow my copy for a few days.
    [COLOR=Sienna][SIZE=2][FONT=Palatino Linotype]If you bury my ashes on a golf course, just make sure that they are out of bounds, that will be a natural continuation to my life[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

"Richard"
    ahaah, I think I'll just pass on the whole idea of Instructional dvds. I'd rather just use that much to play a few rounds. Thanks for the otter though It is very kind of you

Gap Wedge alien270 is on a distinguished road
    i have the butch harmon dvd series watched it few times
    paid 60 bucks for it sell it to you for 35+ shipping if u want

"Richard"
    I'll pass, its only $45 at golftown anyway but even that is to much. Just get 2 rounds in for that much

Thread Information