CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    whoathere

Question regarding technology

I'm new here, and am extremely impressed with the knowledge of the people who frequent these boards. I am a DIY guy at heart. I fix everything myself, or build things from the ground up as much as possible. In fact, my entire dining room set was built by only me and my hands. Fast forward to this winter (I'm from northern IL an hour from Chicago) and I'm looking for a fun project. Played on a GC2 last weekend and had a blast. So I started looking into what options are out there (DD, P3pro, ProTee) and that's a rabbit hole that gets expensive quick.

I wondered tho, with all of the knowledge that resides on these forums, has anyone tried to build their own unit? I'm not just talking about building a sim, but building a swing pad or launch monitor. I'm sure the hardware side isn't the most difficult, but the application/software would be the real task.

Anyway, just a thought. I am definitely not try to discredit any company or anything, but in this day and age, I would think people would take a crack at it.

Curious to hear your guys thoughts.

1 Iron AJA is on a distinguished road
    My thoughts - you looking for a "project" or wanting a golf simulator?

Woodworking and golf simulator technology have very little in common.

I'd bet that both the hardware and the software sides involved in building a golf sim from scratch would be formidable challenges for 99% of people out there.

I've built out my own sim room but the technology end is strictly purchased sim solutions offered by a company that has done all the work and knows what it's doing. That's what they do and why they get paid.

The bicycle has already been invented!

Par Dax is on a distinguished road
    I'm not sure you would want to take on this type of project, just look at any comments around here involving Martin's sim the LX. I believe even using some of his stuff might be a project in itself based on a review from one of the members reviews on the system that he purchased from Martin.

Thread Information