100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Putter madjack612 is on a distinguished road

optishot not working

Got an optishot for Christmas as a gift for our son. Have everything set up but the mat is not reading swings!! I have emailed dancindogg and called with no response. Have uninstalled and reinstalled with still no luck. Green light on mat is lit up but still not working. Any body out there can help

Lob Wedge Ezek7 is on a distinguished road
    It could be the type of clubs you are trying to use dont reflect
    the infrared sensors well. You can try the taping your clubs mod and see if that helps. There is a few good vidéos about doing that on Youtube....

Quote Originally Posted by madjack612 View Post
    Got an optishot for Christmas as a gift for our son. Have everything set up but the mat is not reading swings!! I have emailed dancindogg and called with no response. Have uninstalled and reinstalled with still no luck. Green light on mat is lit up but still not working. Any body out there can help

Putter madjack612 is on a distinguished road
    I've tried multiple clubs from three different sets. Tried taping one and still not working. My clubs are brand new and are reflective. So I have no clue

QUOTE=Ezek7;517498]It could be the type of clubs you are trying to use dont reflect
    the infrared sensors well. You can try the taping your clubs mod and see if that helps. There is a few good vidéos about doing that on Youtube....[/QUOTE]

1 Iron AJA is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by madjack612 View Post
    I've tried multiple clubs from three different sets. Tried taping one and still not working. My clubs are brand new and are reflective. So I have no clue

QUOTE=Ezek7;517498]It could be the type of clubs you are trying to use dont reflect
    the infrared sensors well. You can try the taping your clubs mod and see if that helps. There is a few good vidéos about doing that on Youtube....
    [/QUOTE]

What kind of lighting are you using? Too much light from too many directions can affect it as much as not the right type of light. It likes flourescents.

Putter Adonis is on a distinguished road
    I am having this same issue. were you able to get it resolved and how? Any help would be appreciated.

ancien
    I've another problem.
    Mine, suddenly, doesn't work at all.
    The computer says that a port do not works properly and the device is not installed, every time i try to connect to the pc.
    I've tried on 2 pc and got the same problems

Cyclopz
    I'm having the same issues, just bought it 2 weeks ago. I've tried overhead fluorescent lighting, taping clubs, etc.
    I can not get consistent readings. I've calibrated (numerous times) and it gives me wild readings every time, swing speeds and open/closed face.
    If I just swing the club back straight and thru it tells me I have an inside out swing path. Then the club face will be open (majority of the time) and sometimes closed. It's so frustrating and driving me crazy! Think I'm going to return it if I can, sucks because it seems it would be fun to play around with.

7 Wood wbond is on a distinguished road
    I know how you feel. When i first got mine before i made changes to my setup, i thought this thing was completely useless. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be any consistant setup that I have read that works. Not sure if you use a projector or not, but if so, have you tried it with just the projector running and no other lights. Mine works pretty well this way. I get more wild readings during the day if any ambient light is coming in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclopz View Post
    I'm having the same issues, just bought it 2 weeks ago. I've tried overhead fluorescent lighting, taping clubs, etc.
    I can not get consistent readings. I've calibrated (numerous times) and it gives me wild readings every time, swing speeds and open/closed face.
    If I just swing the club back straight and thru it tells me I have an inside out swing path. Then the club face will be open (majority of the time) and sometimes closed. It's so frustrating and driving me crazy! Think I'm going to return it if I can, sucks because it seems it would be fun to play around with.

Putter johnmeyer is on a distinguished road
    Do you get the issues with all your clubs or just your woods?

Irons are generally pretty good, unless they are a very dull matt finish, or have very irregular shaped soles

I know youve probably heard it all before but, lighting is really important, and system works on IR reflections.. ambient light plays havoc so as Wbond says, if you can, as a baseline try to play with no lighting other than your projector reflection if you have one.. alternatively try blocking out all ambient light

If getting crazy readings with good lighting, and is effecting even your irons, sounds like could be a faulty pad. Contact their customer services they've been pretty good whenever ive needed to ask questions etc

Thread Information