My 2 cents on my sim setup for under 1000$ built from scratch

First of I have built myself a 22'x18'
Detached garage sim room/workshop. The cost of that thing I will leave aside obviously.

So for the simulator setup here is my cost break down :

Simulator: DD optishot 2 bought on black friday for 349$ plus 30$ shipping total : 379$

Turf top hitting surface: monster teeline xl 4'x5' 1 1/4" thick. Cut the 2 sensors slots with utility knife and trimmed grass on the sides so the sensors arent blocked.
Turf cost 120$ and free shipping on amazon.
For the platform: bought 1 1/2 thick 4'x8' insulation panel from home depot : 40$
Left me with a 4'x3' which Ill use for putting strip eventually.
On the hard foam board I glued those 2x2 eva foam puzzle pieces which cost about 10-12$ a pack of 4
Needed 2 packs so thats around 25$
I just lay the turf mat on that thing and it doesnt move at all.
Saved a lot of money doing it that way as opposed to buying an ulti mat which are expensive to buy and ship.

The projector I just bought the cheapest option i found cause frankly the graphics on the optishot are not that great for 2014 standards even viewed right on my gaming computer so I dont believe I needed to go 1080 or even 720.
So I bought an epson ex3220 refurbished from tigerdirect.com on black friday as well for 319$.
Résolution is 800x600 native but I display 1024x768 which is the size that fits my screen the best.
Works great and image is plenty clear.

For the screen I bought a painters tarp from home depot 8'6" x 12' for 30$
Bought grommet kit at canadian tire for 10$ so i can hang the tarp with bungees.
Behind the tarp I hung an old heavy blanket to absorb the impact and sound of a real golf ball.

That roughly sums up to around 1000$ which I believe is the cheapest I could get away with.

Very happy with my setup. It works great and am now ready to start playing online with you guys!

Hope this will help someone like me who wants to play golf in winter and not spend insane amount of cash setting something up from scratch.
Cheers!