CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    8 Iron torreypines is on a distinguished road

Screen image without shadow

I have GC2 simulator by Foresight. I just purchased the Panasonic PT-VZ570 (WUXGA, 4800 Lumens, 44% vertical shift). Structure being built is near completion - 33 ft L x 20 ft W x 12 ft H Screen size 9.9 ft x 15.7 ft. I did the throw calculations via Projector Central and projector's manual: can throw a 9.9 ft x 15.7 ft image from 16 ft 10 in to 27 ft. I am staging projector in my house - I programmed appropriate projector settings, connected to blue ray (HDMI), standing on stairs 10 feet height to project to living room wall. I am able to project the image as calculated (220 in diagonal, 9.9ft x 15.7 ft). It is a very nice image. My one issue is shadow. I had my wife stand at 10 ft and 12 ft in front of wall and will get some shadow. I played around with projector height at 9-10 ft and throw distance 17 to 25 feet - despite this getting shadow. I can place projector as high as 11 feet, but not enough vertical shift to bring image to floor. I have been to golf simulators (one with About Golf, one with HD Golf) with throw distances similar to mine, and shadows were not an issue. All of the projectors were several feet behind the golfer -so they were not short throw projectors. I have read all the threads about ultra short throw projectors and their utility for golf simulators (i.e Optoma GT 1080, BenQ W1080 ST). I am able to return projector and can purchase another one but I really like the specs on this projector. This forum has been invaluable to me as I have used the information to pick out my putting surface, hitting surface, screen, and golf simulator. Any suggestions or insight on this issue. I thank you in advance.

1 Iron AJA is on a distinguished road
    Place your projector as high as possible. Angle it downwards so it projects to the bottom of your screen. Use the projector's "keystone" adjustment to make the image properly fill the screen.
    For ST projectors also check out Optoma W306ST.

bk1106
    Same advise as AJA above. With that, any remaining shadow should be only the club (driver) and only at the top of the back swing and the top of the follow through. As such, those shadow last very briefly and the hitter won't even see them as he was concentrating on the ball.

9 Iron bionicbooger is on a distinguished road bionicbooger's Avatar
    There is no magic fix. Get an ultra short throw and be done with it.

Thread Information