CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Hopelessly Addicted broken27 is on a distinguished road broken27's Avatar

Canadian - Wait on it...

Went out today, with low expectations, and got what we expected. The greens are mostly punched, and patchy at best (with the exception of one or two along the way). Fairways were very wet, which we expected, but there was very little grass anywhere, which we were disappointed with.

All in all, I'd say if you enjoy the Canadian (like I do), wait on it for at least a week or two. There's much work yet to be done.

Cheers,
    Dan
    [URL=http://www.sportsfiend.ca/]Sportsfiend.ca - Make You Opinion Into News...

bbad
    Quote Originally Posted by broken27
    Went out today, with low expectations, and got what we expected. The greens are mostly punched, and patchy at best (with the exception of one or two along the way). Fairways were very wet, which we expected, but there was very little grass anywhere, which we were disappointed with.

All in all, I'd say if you enjoy the Canadian (like I do), wait on it for at least a week or two. There's much work yet to be done.

Cheers,
    Dan
    Sounds like most golf courses right now....I'm hearing that most of the courses in the region had a really bad winter..anybody know why this year is so bad?

Hopelessly Addicted Shivas Irons is on a distinguished road Shivas Irons's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bbad
    Sounds like most golf courses right now....I'm hearing that most of the courses in the region had a really bad winter..anybody know why this year is so bad?
    I was told that the thaw & then freeze over we got in late December was responsible for the poor conditions and I've also have heard that there is more winter kill than usual this year. I'm not a greenskeeper though, so I can't say for sure.
    Any greenskeepers out there?

Wannamaker mjf is on a distinguished road mjf's Avatar
    Anybody play at Canadian in the last few days? I'm wondering if the conditions have improved. I'm playing 9 holes (East 9) there after work this evening and I'm hoping things have dried up a bit.

Putter senshabsfan is on a distinguished road
    Mjf, how was the course last night? I'm hoping to play there Friday.

Thread Information