100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Putter gkmc is on a distinguished road

Got The OK To Order Sim...Have A Few Questions

So I have a budget of 25k from where I work and I'm in charge of getting it bought/installed. I am debating whether I should get 2 GC2's because the owner wants lefties to be able to play. The pivot track will cause the width of the sim to expand more than I would like (i think) and the sim has to be able to be put up and taken down(moved) with relative ease. Also, I don't think it is feasible to keep moving the GC2 from left to right physically. Any thoughts? Have you heard of anyone using dual GC2's? If you use the pivot track to handle lefties how wide is your sim?

And for the sake of the lefties, spare them the jokes, Im sure they have heard them al?!?! Ha!!!

1 Iron Jsgregg is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by gkmc View Post
    So I have a budget of 25k from where I work and I'm in charge of getting it bought/installed. I am debating whether I should get 2 GC2's because the owner wants lefties to be able to play. The pivot track will cause the width of the sim to expand more than I would like (i think) and the sim has to be able to be put up and taken down(moved) with relative ease. Also, I don't think it is feasible to keep moving the GC2 from left to right physically. Any thoughts? Have you heard of anyone using dual GC2's? If you use the pivot track to handle lefties how wide is your sim?

And for the sake of the lefties, spare them the jokes, Im sure they have heard them al?!?! Ha!!!
    I believe this is what the GC2T is for. They represent the left and right side to the tee box.

Eagle SFR is on a distinguished road
    Keep in mind that if you want the center of your hitting mat to be the center of your screen then having 2 GC2's is not going to work that well. I have set my single GC2 up for a lefty and then when I hit (as right) for a driver I can take a normal stance and have the ball in the normal tee spot and leave the GC2 as is and hit.
    With irons my left foot would normally be sitting on top of the GC2 with a normal stance. I can have it right beside the GC2 and hit, but it is not my normal stance. Need to play the ball slightly forward in my stance. It can work but you need to adjust stance and ball position.

To have two GC2's and take a normal stance for both right and left players the GC2's would need to be further apart and take up more room as well each would be hitting offset from center of the screen.

It is easy to move the GC2 when you are not running it off the power cord and just on battery and using bluetooth. If the cables are all hooked up then moving it is harder. The biggest thing with moving is that when putting you need the unit parallel to your putt line and having it off a deg or two makes a huge difference in the putt and being able to make a 5 footer. You would need a way to position the GC2 back every time to the exact same spot. A jig sounds simple but remember that the other players foot will be on that spot for their stance.

The GC2 is great for quick setup and moving but terrible for left and right play. Might be easier to have a lefty bay and a righty bay and run two at the same time if you have room. With some of the Protee software options you could play on line with both those bays.

Albatross mthunt is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by SFR View Post
    Keep in mind that if you want the center of your hitting mat to be the center of your screen then having 2 GC2's is not going to work that well. I have set my single GC2 up for a lefty and then when I hit (as right) for a driver I can take a normal stance and have the ball in the normal tee spot and leave the GC2 as is and hit.
    With irons my left foot would normally be sitting on top of the GC2 with a normal stance. I can have it right beside the GC2 and hit, but it is not my normal stance. Need to play the ball slightly forward in my stance. It can work but you need to adjust stance and ball position.

To have two GC2's and take a normal stance for both right and left players the GC2's would need to be further apart and take up more room as well each would be hitting offset from center of the screen.

It is easy to move the GC2 when you are not running it off the power cord and just on battery and using bluetooth. If the cables are all hooked up then moving it is harder. The biggest thing with moving is that when putting you need the unit parallel to your putt line and having it off a deg or two makes a huge difference in the putt and being able to make a 5 footer. You would need a way to position the GC2 back every time to the exact same spot. A jig sounds simple but remember that the other players foot will be on that spot for their stance.

The GC2 is great for quick setup and moving but terrible for left and right play. Might be easier to have a lefty bay and a righty bay and run two at the same time if you have room. With some of the Protee software options you could play on line with both those bays.

Actually, the ideal GC2 or GC2t set up is having them on the outside which is very economical on space and not so on the wallet. This is the same set up as the Compact About Golf set up and it only needs 12 feet of width max. A lot of GoltTowns in Canada have this size room with a about Golf but are now using 1 GC2. I asked foresight why they don't have. GC2ts. The rep said they weren't out when he did the deal. The 2 GC2t setup is ideal in a commercial setting. It's too much money IMO.

Thanks for the info guys. I guess I will contact FS and see what they recommend. It is a rather large commitment for something you dont know how well it will work...

Eagle SFR is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by mthunt View Post
    Actually, the ideal GC2 or GC2t set up is having them on the outside which is very economical on space and not so on the wallet. This is the same set up as the Compact About Golf set up and it only needs 12 feet of width max. A lot of GoltTowns in Canada have this size room with a about Golf but are now using 1 GC2. I asked foresight why they don't have. GC2ts. The rep said they weren't out when he did the deal. The 2 GC2t setup is ideal in a commercial setting. It's too much money IMO.
    I never seen any info yet as to if you have two GC2's set up and thus each side will hit off center, of the screen, to the right or left. Will the old software or new software let you set up left and right screen settings? Now with FSS (old software) you can set up your screen so you can hit off center and have the ball start where it hits the screen, but in order to work for both sides you would need two measurement settings. The old software only has one.

The other thing to then think about with 2 GC2's is where are you going to be standing as a right handed player with a Driver in hand? Most likely slightly in front of the GC2 (for the left handed person) so that you are not on top of it when hitting. The for irons you will be standing almost on the hitting zone for that same left handed person. That will add wear to the hitting area from just standing there.

I have spoken with FS and apparently when entering left/right handedness players both GC2's work together and know when the left handed person is up and compensates for this making it look like you are hitting on line with the target. I am assuming this will shift the target line, from what was explained to me. Not sure how this will look to the eye.

Also, the minimum mat requirement is 5ft wide for this set up with separate mounts/mats 1x2 for the gc2 itself.

Left & Right Handed Set-up

So i got most of everything set-up. 2 gc2's, one regular and one tee and they work together without any problems. I will post a review later once the whole set-up is done because I feel I owe it to Par2Pro with all they have done to make this happen. With that said I cant think them enough!!!

Albatross mthunt is on a distinguished road
    Wow. Big money set up. I'm jealous. What software are you using? Post some pics please.

Using the GC2 software. I will post pics once I get the netting/screen delivered. UPS lost it which is where par2pro has really stepped up (will write this up in my review). This is a set-up the owner at my work put me in charge ordering/buying so I didnt have to pay for it or I would be living in a cardboard fort and divorced. I also had a couple of custom den caddies made with our company logos on them to hold balls, clubs, etc... Now, he says we got it for when customers come to our shop but I know better.

Just been hitting almost balls into the wall behind it for now...very impatient as is the owner.

Thread Information