100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    7 Wood wbond is on a distinguished road

Need Help P3Proswing Install USB to Serial on Windows 7 64 Bit

I got a replacement computer and it has 64 bit windows 7 but i can't install the USB to Serial file on this because of the lack of digital signature. Can anyone help? I tried turning off the signature in the command prompt, but now it says the file is for vista only?

3 Wood Stonebattle is on a distinguished road
    wbond:
    I had a similar issue and resolved it by downloading the driver from the internet. It has been a while, so I don't recall the exact details. I also have windows 7 64.

I tried downloading the one from manhattan as well and that is also unsigned. This is a PITA!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonebattle View Post
    wbond:
    I had a similar issue and resolved it by downloading the driver from the internet. It has been a while, so I don't recall the exact details. I also have windows 7 64.

Well, pretty much no help from P3. I know the serial unit is out of life this past June, but I would have to bet that I'm not the only one who had this issue. I would have thought that there would be more info on this somewhere. They couldn't even tell me whether or not the driver they were using with their program and on their site was digitally signed. Anyway, i had to download the DSEO, put windows into test mode and sign the driver myself. The computer is now in test mode and I'm not sure that's the greatest thing, but this computer only runs my P3 and optishot. If anyone knows how to get this to load properly with a digitally signed usb-serial driver, please let me know. I also tried getting the driver from the manhattan website, but that wouldn't work either.

1 Iron AJA is on a distinguished road
    Hi!
    Have you checked your motherboard?
    Most motherboards still have the connector that accepts the serial port cable connection.
    If that's the case, it's pretty simply to buy a serial port add on adapter and plug it's cable into the motherboard.
    I just did this on a new computer to connect my ProTee to the serial port with the serial connection that it is designed for. Worked right away.

No i didn't even think to check since it's always had the serial to usb attached. I will have to take a look later.
    Quote Originally Posted by AJA View Post
    Hi!
    Have you checked your motherboard?
    Most motherboards still have the connector that accepts the serial port cable connection.
    If that's the case, it's pretty simply to buy a serial port add on adapter and plug it's cable into the motherboard.
    I just did this on a new computer to connect my ProTee to the serial port with the serial connection that it is designed for. Worked right away.

Well, my computer does have a serial input, hooked it up, took the machine out of test mode and it works just fine. I wish i would have thought to even try this first, it would have saved me hours from screwing around trying to bypass the digital signature.

1 Iron AJA is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by wbond View Post
    Well, my computer does have a serial input, hooked it up, took the machine out of test mode and it works just fine. I wish i would have thought to even try this first, it would have saved me hours from screwing around trying to bypass the digital signature.
    Glad it worked!

AJ

Thread Information