CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    4 Iron madspeed is on a distinguished road

Optishot and putting?

How many of you guys are actually putting with your Optishot setup? Would love to see pics of your setup! I'm considering building a stance platform to fit the entire cage opening for my basement sim.

8 Iron brcobb is on a distinguished road brcobb's Avatar
    Prior to beginning the online tour, I always had it set to autoputt inside 30 ft. On the online tour, we putt out everything. I have a homemade stance mat with a cutout for the Optishot. I have the stance area covered in a 5'x8' section of carpet that allows for me to smoothly putt.

I assume it makes no difference whether or not there is an actual hole to putt into?

Nope. Actually, I feel it is helping with my real putting. I am focusing more on speed and line.

I didn't think so. I've played a few years of sim golf league at a local pro shop, but haven't played my Optishot yet. Still getting mine all together. The simulators at the pro shop didn't have any hole to putt into and putting was fun learning the speed. Mind sharing what your stance mat/platform consists of as far as materials? I'm thinking of doing the foam sandwiched between 1/4" plywood type. I have several large pieces of indoor/outdoor grass mats to make it all uniform.

My stance mat is exactly what you described...foam sandwiched between 1/4" plywood.

thx

5 Iron jagmanjoe is on a distinguished road
    Some of my customers will extend a turf or putting surface and put smaller markings at every foot and a larger one at every 3 or 5 ft. That helps them visualize the distance a bit more. Also, some with the thick turfs to reduce the ball bounce going over the front sensor opening have trimmed down the grass at the center of the area beyond the front sensor.

6 Iron psyflyjohn is on a distinguished road
    I just putt with no ball at the end of a hole. First I analyze the putt - lets say, moderate right to left, distance 15 ft, moderate downhill. Adjust the aim and the speed of your swing, and putt over the sensor lights. Works well for me.

On actual greens, I go through the same analysis as in Optishot, but actually putt.
    The results are very similar to the simulator.

5 Iron jagmanjoe is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by psyflyjohn View Post
    I just putt with no ball at the end of a hole. First I analyze the putt - lets say, moderate right to left, distance 15 ft, moderate downhill. Adjust the aim and the speed of your swing, and putt over the sensor lights. Works well for me.

On actual greens, I go through the same analysis as in Optishot, but actually putt.
    The results are very similar to the simulator.
    That is actually a great thought for putting. It can prove to be a great training tool for being on the actual golf course as well helping keep the head still and over the ball until after it is struck. I know that personally I have a tendency to move my head a little too soon to see where the ball is going.

6 Iron psyflyjohn is on a distinguished road
    Yep, that's it. I generally use Optishot for putter and club swing development -both irons and woods using a foam ball. It's also good for strategic play of a course. It helps in developing judgement on where to try to place a ball, staying away from hazards, etc. In addition it's a blast to play !

Thread Information