+ Reply to Thread
    Lob Wedge dt2511 is on a distinguished road

If you bought a GC2 today, what SW would you make use of?

Been ready to pull the trigger on a GC2 now for about 6mo, but the SW question remains the key logjam. Not interested in the years old FR1 SW and FSX seems to have an endless series of delays (not to mention the enhanced cost). Seems some like TGC... just want to make sure that I'm not getting myself into a tinkering situation for thousands of dollars.

Thoughts?

7 Iron drcabral is on a distinguished road
    TGC. You will love it! It is a no brainer. 32,000 courses vs 1-2 for FSX. Not to mention, imagine playing your local course on the sim before a round then showing up with your couse strategy and game face ready to go. Trust me if ur courses are not yet made, they likely will be in the future or you can make it yourself. It's killed all other sims e6ii, redchain etc...period.

By the way I have a gc2. I may be willing to sell the fitting range and Brambelton course.

Albatross mthunt is on a distinguished road
    TGC/Protee. It's the way to go. I did

Quote Originally Posted by mthunt View Post
    TGC/Protee. It's the way to go. I did
    First the IPhone 6 plus, then TGC. Man it's been a good year!! Every time I play TGC I feel blessed. I truly love it!!! Feels like when I first got Nintendo 64, I'd be at school pining to get home to play it. Now I'm at work thinking out which course I should try. No longer regret rainy cold days, it's golf 24/7 for me, no more weekend warrior!!!

Mcnive
    Quote Originally Posted by drcabral View Post
    By the way I have a gc2. I may be willing to sell the fitting range and Brambelton course.
    If you still have the fitting range and course for sale I'd be interested.

Lob Wedge nicksez is on a distinguished road
    Does anyone know where I can purchase TGC and protee for the GC2? I am sick of using FSX

www.swingsense.com is protees ecommerce site

8 Iron col forbin is on a distinguished road
    Just curious............what about the FSX do you not like? The range? The price of a course? Lack of updates?
    I wish FSX would push out updates at a faster rate and drop courses monthly. Instead, it seems like their next update and course release will be in the Fall when I emailed them. I think everyone here would recommend TGC & Protee, but I have sunk too much in the FSX already.

Lob Wedge nicksez is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by col forbin View Post
    Just curious............what about the FSX do you not like? The range? The price of a course? Lack of updates?
    I wish FSX would push out updates at a faster rate and drop courses monthly. Instead, it seems like their next update and course release will be in the Fall when I emailed them. I think everyone here would recommend TGC & Protee, but I have sunk too much in the FSX already.
    Where do I begin? haha. FSX feels like it was designed by people that have never played a video game in their life. I understand the idea about making it feel realistic and all, but it is used for entertainment and therefore it should be fun. If I wanted to just practice I could hit balls on the range feature, which is also extremely basic. If they are going to have courses to play it should be entertaining and not boring. Here are a few of the items I have issue with.

- No noise at all. How bout an apllaud if you make a birdie or boos if you double and some background noise would be nice. Seems like an obvious option to include for the price point it carries.

- Camera angles are horrible. They should play one round of tiger woods golf to see how good camera angles look. It should be smooth flowing and not so jerky.

- Having to login into my account every time I go on is annoying, I realize this is small item but it's annoying.

- Visuals in general are not all that great in my opinion. Sometimes when i am playing the "sun" is so bright you can't see anything on the course. Another time the "clouds" came in or it was duck or something but the screen was so dark you couldn't see.

- online play does not exist

- touchscreen interface should be created.

Those are just some of my gripes. Honestly I haven't used it much lately so I would need to play a round to remember my other issues.

Anyone else care to pile on this list?
    Last edited by nicksez; 07-28-2015 at 03:43 PM.

8 Iron col forbin is on a distinguished road
    They started out by adding an aiming stick and being able to use the mini map, but it is far from fully functional. They are aware of the intense brightness, which I get and it is annoying. From my knowledge, all of these issues have been brought to their attention and will be fixed with future updates, but that could take years at the rate in which they move. I know for sure the next update is supposed to address sound, wind, and elevation. I asked about more camera angles, changing the contrast so the sun didn't wash out the screen, being able to practice anywhere on the holes, being able to input putts like the old software, etc. They are aware of these issues, but I don't think they communicate them very well within the company.
    I do like the courses, but they are far from being the quality of TGC. It seems like they just copy pasted Red chain software and spruced it up. They also sell a lot of courses that were already released on the old software, which is different from what I was led to believe.

TGC is not without issues relating to updates but it is far far better than anything else I've seen. There still is no kind of practice mode and you have to play holes 1 thru 18. Some of the courses these guys are creating are mind blowing. Hopefully the sim guys get what we need sooner than later.

8 Iron torreypines is on a distinguished road
    Is it a big deal to have to select a specific club with each shot on protee/TGC?
    Also is there any way to play at different tees on TGC? From my understanding all golfers tee off at same tee thus challenging for younger players.

Quote Originally Posted by torreypines View Post
    Is it a big deal to have to select a specific club with each shot on protee/TGC?
    Also is there any way to play at different tees on TGC? From my understanding all golfers tee off at same tee thus challenging for younger players.
    You only enter the club when you use a protee sensor mat. It calculates ball data. Since this is a gc2 thread I assume you are using a gc2. The gc2 reads ball data thus the club selection isn't necessary. It'll do the same thing if you select wedge or driver.

As for mixed tees, they say it's coming.

Antony
    Just about to pull the trigger on a GC2 myself, what software are most guys using with it? Im swaying towards FSX as it is the software Foresight intended for the GC2 and I would be using the range more than general play. I'm coming from a P3proswing so no doubt FSX must be a ton better.

I tested it. It's great SW.

Putter David1putt is on a distinguished road
    Hi,

BTW this site is great my first post ! I purchased a GC2 and HMT in 2015 for my indoor golf studio and love it, my research prior to purchasing was vindicated after both these babies helped me reduce handicap by 2 shots in past 7 months predominantly by educating me in carry distance (out by 10 yards aprox for each club) , angle of attack (i was steep) and club path (was out to in) to name but a few. I am now ready to add simulator hardware and software to my studio. I have read just about every comment on this site and recently had a demo on FSX. It seems now I should consider TGC & Protee are there other SW that will work and compliment my GC2/HMT ?

FSX or TGC. E6 will work with an interface but why bother.

Im a fixture here rdh is on a distinguished road
    Protee/TGC now has a good option for practice with "auto rewind" that can be turned on at any time. I'm just getting set up with the software myself but I think it's the best all-around option available right now. There are still features and options i'd like to see added, and it will probably take time and patience, but as it sits today it looks beautiful and is not lacking any critical features in my opinion. Before auto rewind, it was.

Eagle SFR is on a distinguished road
    There are a couple bugs in the Auto Rewind feature but they are working on them. Now with that, if they could let you select any hole to start on it would be even better to use. For now there at least will be range options.

Thanks guys for valued input, any of of you aware of price comparison between FSX (basic package) versus Protee/TGC ?

ProTee pricing is at www.swingsense.com (includes 78000 courses)
    FSX pricing is at www.foresight.com (includes 1 course)

HI guys,

I am currently conducting my due diligence on the FSX software, I have a trial period until the end of September. I have a GC2/HMT. First impressions were not great when playing the standard course FSX Play. The second nine holes in particular were frustrating due to the sky being blacked out with flashing between blue/white and black. In addition, there is no sound e.g. birds singing or trees rustling in the wind (which I thought would be standard these days to enhance the simulated golf experience). What is most annoying is the black and white fairway/target pole which you can hardly make out from the tee but is much too dominant when on the green actually overpowering the flag from behind! (not sure why you would have this pole on the green in the first place?). Reading the greens is not easy and the 2 grid systems to determine slope and distance is difficult to read. On a number of holes the simulated water actually looks like rough or green dirt and not water which again is disappointing. What concerns me the most is having read all the information from all you sim guys on this forum I can only conclude that Foresight must be glacially slow with their software updates. As I have purchased a serious PC with i7 processor and powerful graphics card plus an expensive projector to enhance the overall simulator experience I want to play courses that are fun with brilliant graphics. To be fair to Foresight the two other software packages FSX Fit and FSX Compete are excellent and give me exactly what i want no complaints here. The dilemma I have is do I purchase the Foresight package which includes FSX Play, FSX Fit and FSX Compete where additional courses are £144 or do I consider purchasing the TGC product ? I am not sure if the TGC product can match the FSX Fit and FSX Compete offering ? (I am only basing this opinion on what I have read online as I have not seen TGC in real life). If money was no object then I suspect I would purchase both products but unfortunately it is! Any thoughts on this I would greatly appreciate. Cheers

There are quite a few guys on here with TGC/GC2, myself included. All are very happy and that's all there is to say.

protee/tgc versus FSX

Just heard from swing sense HMT data will not show in the game when using protee/tgc software as you need FSX to show the data. Having spent a great deal of money on GC2/HMT which is fantastic for all my performance needs and I will have to bite the bullet on my simulator entertainment needs and go with FSX play. cheers for everyone's help.

Putter Bentley is on a distinguished road
    It is true that TGC doesn't take HMT data, but you can use the Foresight Sports app to display HMT data on an iPad. I think that would be a great setup - GC2/HMT with TGC for the simulator and the iPad App for serious practice data.

Sand Wedge Shine is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by mthunt View Post
    There are quite a few guys on here with TGC/GC2, myself included. All are very happy and that's all there is to say.
    MT - I'm 90% sure I want to go with the GC2 with TGC. Would you mind telling me where I can get the best deal to purchase both? Also what kind of hitting mat are you using - my bones are holder and I want to minimize impact feel on my hands.

I use the country club elite mat. I also tried true strike. It was great. The CCE was better for me because I integrated it into an entire floor set up. I love it. It's got a lot of give and very much like a fairway. It's expensive though. Mine is 5x10.

swingsense.com for the software. It's the only place.

I bought my GC2 form Foresight Canada. For you, it depends where you are.

Thread Information