CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
    Gap Wedge suprmnjl is on a distinguished road

Legends Golf Resort mid Jan

Anybody been? thoughts or advice? Thanks guys

Legends Golf Resort

1 Iron Bouboude is on a distinguished road
    Just wondering if you are looking for info on the Legends complex in Myrtle Beach. If yes I have played 4 of the 5 courses. I would rank them Oyster Bay as the best followed by Moorland, Parkland and Heathland. All four quality courses and the one I have not played Heritage is considered by most to be number one. You can find amazing deals for these courses especially in January. As for accommodations we have not stayed there because we prefer to be oceanfront.

Gap Wedge suprmnjl is on a distinguished road
    We are staying myrtle legends Thanks for the info!!!

Major Poster EDSGOLF is on a distinguished road
    The top package right now in Myrtle Beach. Can't get go wrong with free breakfast, lunch and 2 beers at each golf course. Practice facility is top notch.
    http://www.EatDrinkSleepGolf.com
    Myrtle Beach Golf

7 Iron Tee made is on a distinguished road Tee made's Avatar
    Went last year just before Xmas. Drove down with 3 guys. Price was absolutely incredible (310$) for getting very decent accommodations, big breakfast spread/2 beers per day/solid lunch options included and 6 rounds at fantastic courses. We felt like we were stealing the golf. Played 6 rounds in 3 days although we got a bit lucky getting in all the golf - few frost delays pushed back teetimes but the courses had no one on them so we could rip around in decent times to make it up.

Played Heritage x 2 (beautiful, really gives you a feel for the south, old colonial farm house converted to club house, lots of interesting slavery history plaques and momentos around the course, best condition of the ones we played (30 min drive from legends) and saw a couple gators.

Of the courses on site we loved the PB Dye Moorelands although it has lots of trickery, a few blind shots and some really challenging holes but was by far the most "fun". Second up would probably be Parkland - some nice holes cut out of deep treelines. Heathland had some interesting bunkerage/links features but was the least memorable of the three. All of them were in fantastic condition and the rough is all dormant at that time of year so the ball sits up making things a bit easier.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    weather is all over the map in January and yes it could snow. Facility is great, all 3 courses are solid, mid level courses in MB. Oyster Bay is the best as mentioned. Heritage is decent, not my favourite but a lot of people like it. I've done this package a few times but there are a couple of others I prefer.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Jeff was just wondering what packages you like better then Legends. I have not done the Legends package but played the courses. Packages I have played include the Cats, Glens, Mystical, Barefoot, and also most of the courses in the Kings North package.

Major Poster EDSGOLF is on a distinguished road
    The Barefoot courses are another solid golf package (as seen on the Big Break Myrtle Beach TV show).
    http://www.EatDrinkSleepGolf.com
    Myrtle Beach Golf

Quote Originally Posted by EDSGOLF View Post
    The Barefoot courses are another solid golf package (as seen on the Big Break Myrtle Beach TV show).
    They are twice the price of the Legends. Not really a fair comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Bouboude View Post
    Jeff was just wondering what packages you like better then Legends. I have not done the Legends package but played the courses. Packages I have played include the Cats, Glens, Mystical, Barefoot, and also most of the courses in the Kings North package.
    This year we have the following booked: Carolona National, Crow Creek, Cape Fear National, Rivers Edge for $370 and we get a $100 gift card. Nothing wrong with the Legends package, we did it 3 years in a row but to mix it up we've played a few other options.

Last year we played

Wild Wing Avocet
    Pine Lakes
    Long Bay
    The Resort Club At Grande Dunes

probably pretty comparable.

Jeff just played Rivers Edge in November for the first time and it was great. I had major difficulties with course(lost balls) but would love to go back. When you play number 9 try to get as close to green as possible on second shot or set up distance with your best club. I made a mistake with my second shot and was outside 150 to middle and pin was at the back. Proceeded to hit ball left into hazard.

Quote Originally Posted by Bouboude View Post
    Jeff just played Rivers Edge in November for the first time and it was great. I had major difficulties with course(lost balls) but would love to go back. When you play number 9 try to get as close to green as possible on second shot or set up distance with your best club. I made a mistake with my second shot and was outside 150 to middle and pin was at the back. Proceeded to hit ball left into hazard.
    h

I've played it a few times before but not since they redid their greens a few years ago.

Thread Information