CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Lob Wedge dt2511 is on a distinguished road

FSX slipped from May to January? What SW to buy if using GC2

So, like most of you, I'm still searching for the right HW+SW combo for a simulator. Skytrak = driving range only with a unclear SW future roadmap, GC2 + FSX is drastically more expensive. All others dont really meet my desires for portability (no dedicated room) or space (really any radar-based system, requires too much space).

So, given this, I'd love to have GC2's features for less money... which looked like Skytrak for a while, but that seems to be falling by the wayside quickly while they are making a mess of their go to market plan. With the big pushout of FSX into January, I feel like I'd be a beta tester for nearly $2500. No thanks.

What SW solutions are out there others are using that are as good or better for GC2? Any other thoughts on what i've written above to meet my needs?

Thanks! Always appreciate leveraging the collective knowledge of this group.

Ace goatbarn is on a distinguished road
    Youre going to get a lot of folks telling you to get Protee/TGC, which in my opinion is your best bet.

If you can assume the risks, which some are worried about, but in my opinion, shouldn't be.

Search for Protee + TGC on this forum and read up.

Putter cartrydge is on a distinguished road
    Went with the gc2 just recently and bought the protee software. TGC is insane good it has some bug issues but, graphics wise it's fantastic. Protee i've honestly only played a few times since TGC is out but, it's also good just lacking in the graphics department. I think TGC once they get the range and some other issues worked out will be fantastic. Don't regret going the protee with GC2 route at all.

Lob Wedge dt2511 is on a distinguished road
    Now, I could be down for a GC2/TGC combo... is that what you're using now? How did you go about getting the TGC SW, and did you have to go through a big mess to make them work together?

Par Kball is on a distinguished road
    I have no faith we will ever see FSX courses. I was looking forward to upgrading, but the delay is ridiculous.

Putter Dave801 is on a distinguished road
    You may want to email swingsense.com and ask for a 7 day eval license. When I purchased the software the website said they had a 7 day money back guarantee but when I asked for a refund after 6 days they removed the webpage and denied my refund so it would be better to try for an eval license first. They told me if I would of asked for a eval license they would of provided one but I would not be surprised if they were lying to me when they said that, they really are the worst people I have ever done business with and when I emailed Protee regarding the issue they never responded.
    I will say the Protee online community is great and there are a lot of people willing to help if you have issues.

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave801 View Post
    You may want to email swingsense.com and ask for a 7 day eval license. When I purchased the software the website said they had a 7 day money back guarantee but when I asked for a refund after 6 days they removed the webpage and denied my refund so it would be better to try for an eval license first. They told me if I would of asked for a eval license they would of provided one but I would not be surprised if they were lying to me when they said that, they really are the worst people I have ever done business with and when I emailed Protee regarding the issue they never responded.
    I will say the Protee online community is great and there are a lot of people willing to help if you have issues.
    Not my experience with Swingsense Dave. The Protee community is excellent.

I agree Bubba. The Protee community is excellent. There are a lot of people willing to help with issues if needed and I have been impressed with people like yourself from the forum.

I've been shocked with how I've been treated by swingsense.com. I never would of purchased the software if I would of known that there was not a 7 day money back guarantee but the website clearly stated that they had a money back guarantee. I looked into taking legal action but swingsense is in Europe and I did not know how to proceed. Because I looked into taking legal action swingsense disabled my account from the forum so I could not troubleshoot my issues and they also withheld my license to TGC until I promised not to take legal action. Really a bizarre situation so I hope you understand my frustration. I know a lot of people have been happy with swingsense so I was shocked with how I was treated. I hope my account does not get disabled again for sharing my swingsense experience.

I have never been aware of a return policy for Swingsense.

Here is the screenshot of the website when I purchased the software. They removed the link because it was an old marketing campaign but I didn't know that. I made the purchase thinking I had a 7 day money back guarantee. I hope you can see my frustration when the refused to refund my money and then they withheld my TGC license. swingsense.jpg

I probably said too much. Now I just want to get the software working. Its a lot of money so I am trying to get things to work and I really hope swingsense does not disable my account again. I just wanted to let dt2511 know that he should ask for a 7 day eval license because they may let him have one. Even though I was ripped off from swingsense I am grateful to all the guys on the forum for there constant help in resolving issues. I hope I have not burnt any bridges with you guys.

Albatross mthunt is on a distinguished road
    I probably said too much. Now I just want to get the software working. Its a lot of money so I am trying to get things to work and I really hope swingsense does not disable my account again. I just wanted to let dt2511 know that he should ask for a 7 day eval license because they may let him have one. Even though I was ripped off from swingsense I am grateful to all the guys on the forum for there constant help in resolving issues. I hope I have not burnt any bridges with you guys.
    Why did you want to return the software after 6 days?

From my standpoint, I bought Protee and a GC2. Protee was very helpful getting software running. They remote accessed the PC and it worked in about 3 minutes. There's now online instructions available.

I will start a new thread listing the issues I have had with the software. More important is the fact that swingsense.com is dishonest and prospective buyers should be made aware.

7 Iron drcabral is on a distinguished road
    Man your crazy!!!! Swingsense is the best thing to happen to golf simulator in years. TGC speaks for itself, without it we'd be playing red chain courses marked up 1000%, praying for the release of FSX golf course, and then paying Foresight $100/month for ONE new course. Now we get to play 32,000 courses with our Protee brethren. I'm sorry you had a bad experience but there is something peculiar with asking for the 7 day trial anyway. Go ask Foresight for a 7 day trial and see what the response is.

"Swingsense is the best thing to happen to golf simulator in years"???? And I am crazy???

Pitching Wedge JJSmith is on a distinguished road
    TGC is awesome! Purchased from swingsense. Support is great. Was playing within 30 minutes.

That is great. Seems like there are a lot of defenders of swingsense. I still have the software and even though swingsense is a dishonest company (and that is a fact) I hope that they do get the software to be more stable and accurate.

"Swingsense is the best thing to happen to golf simulator in years"???? And I am crazy???
    Name a better sim software currently on the market. It's like comparing Doom to Call of Duty Advanced Warefare. There are no competitors that match up. Period. We can have fruitful debates about ball data vs club data or Protee vs GC2 etc... but, TGC is in a league of it's own without question. We need to count our blessings that Tiger didn't resign with EA sports and that HD studios released this to the public, more or less our small niche sim market.

Imagine the future, as more courses are made and graphics and game play get improved. 1) Playing a year long tournament that parallels all the PGA (I live in DC where we have a course with 3 replicated Augusta holes, and I love playing the course Masters Sunday and then watching the final round Sunday afternoon, nothing like it.) 2) Playing your local course before a round and getting your muscle memory and course management down before a round. The list goes on and on...

I do recognize the limitations of the time zone difference with Swingsense and hoops that u have to jump through to set it up. But there online support and top notch sim far makes up for their short comings. Another thing you can't compare is Swingsense vs Foresights customer service and buisness model, that too is night and day. Foresight, promises you FSX, you pay the cash to upgrade and they give you no course but a 4K DRIVING RANGE!!! Protee promises you TGC and they give it to you on the release date, FREE OF CHARGE TO EXISTING CUSTOMERS!!! That's Crazy!!!
    Last edited by drcabral; 12-16-2014 at 12:14 PM.

Pitching Wedge JJSmith is on a distinguished road

TGC is awesome. Did I ever say anything negative about TGC???? The graphics are fantastic. Its too bad they partnered with swingsense.

Its great that you guys are loving swingsense. Not one person seems to care how they have treated me. Not one. Why the strong need to defend them? Just curious. Has anyone tried to see things from my point of view or am I just crazy and swingsense is really a fantastic company.

To recap.

I ordered the software believing that they had a 7 day money back guarantee since there website clearly stated that it had a 7 day money back guarantee. The software arrived with a user manual that had no instructions for setting it up to work with a GC2. After the help of someone from the protee forum (and yes the people on the forum are great) I got the software to work with the protee software. Played some courses and the range. The driving range is really strange, have the software developers ever been to a driving range? Why does the range make you continue playing one ball instead of hitting multiple shots from the same spot. Its strange, you hit your first ball and than you hit again from were your first ball landed. Just kind of weird how they designed it. It was very inaccurate, my GC2 would show push/pull .01 L and the protee would say it was a 5% pull. The next day I powered on the machine and it prompted for a license again so I had to email swingsense. Entered in the new license and it worked again for the day but still inaccurate. The next day started up my machine and my GSX window was very small, it could not be maximized, I could not get to the buttons to turn it on. Emailed swingsense and they gave me instructions to delete a reg key which resolved the issue for the window but the GSX was unable to connect to my GC2. After 6 days of this I decided to ask for my money back and swingsense refused. They also disabled my user account for the forum. When TGC came out I emailed them requesting my license and I had to promise not to take legal action in order to get my license. I agreed. I got my GSX to connect with my GC2 per the instructions that were added to the forum by zmax (thank you zmax for taking the time to do that). Last week I upgraded my GSX because a new version came out and now I cannot connect to my GC2 again.

Software will have issues, I understand that and I know this is a recent release. I hope that these bugs will get worked out and the software will get stable. I have $2,000 invested so I really do hope it happens.

The way I was treated by swingsense is unacceptable. Swingsense was not only dishonest but they went out of there way to disable my forum account and withheld my TGC license even though they refused to refund my money. The way they treated me was surreal.

I truly am happy you guys were treated well and the software is working for you.

I can relate to your bad experience. I know the frustrations of not getting sims up a running easily, wether it's the hardware and/or software. It is unsusual to have to sign on with protee interface, then gsx, then TGC, and finally connect online. Not to mention, getting the right bluetooth dongle. I've had so many headaches from my former vector pro day that it seems like having bugs and unreliable sims was par for the course. I am so happy to out of the control of foresight and their price gauging that the TGC benefits far out weigh these issues. I've been finally excited to play a high graphics sim (comparable to Tiger Woods golf game) that I have overlooked or minized theses issues. Seeing the level of response to feedback, I think installation and game play will only get better, it is still a downer. In the immortal words of of civil rights we've come so far but still have far to go!" ( Don't get me started on my HMT rant) Sorry for your experience, I can relate.

9 Iron bionicbooger is on a distinguished road bionicbooger's Avatar
    Hey Guys

I have a question. I have a customer with the GC2. He called ProTee and they said that the software is not available anymore for the GC@. I also went to swingsense and the Protee software is not available for the GC2 on their software options. Who do you purchase the Protee/TGC software for the GC2 from.

Thanks

I bought Protee 2.0 and it included GSX which is the GC2 interface.

2 Iron DjPiLL is on a distinguished road
    Can any of these third party software vendors (ProTee, TGC) give you the HMT data? I have an HMT and I don't want to lose getting that data with the third party.

Par Kball is on a distinguished road
    DjPill - how do you like the HMT?

I remember protee guys saying the HTM data shows up in Protee. Look at some of the users set ups and PM a guy with HTM. I know at least one has it on this or the other forum.

5 Wood golferinmd is on a distinguished road
    I have been gone for awhile...I have a GC2 and the old software waiting for the FSX. Please don't get mad but what is TGC? Is that software I can run from my GC2...is it good...accurate?

Thanks for all your support...Happy New Year

Shotmaker bubs3141 is on a distinguished road
    go to golf simulator forum .com you will learn all you need to know about TGC

TGC is The golf club game. Do a search for more info.
    Last edited by bubba22; 01-03-2015 at 06:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by golferinmd View Post
    I have been gone for awhile...I have a GC2 and the old software waiting for the FSX. Please don't get mad but what is TGC? Is that software I can run from my GC2...is it good...accurate?

Thanks for all your support...Happy New Year
    Yes on both counts.

Thread Information