CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ceiling Height

PicoTTS

Ceiling Height

Hi guys,

I'm in the process of building a new house and wanted some input on my basement ceiling heights where I plan to build out an simulator. Right now I am getting 9' ceilings. I understand that people have different swings but for someone who is 5'7"-5'8", would you guys say that 9' is good enough for a full swing of a driver?

Gap Wedge m3w is on a distinguished road
    I'm 5'-8", and my ceilings are 8'-4", and I have plenty of space to swing a driver. But it really depends on your own personal swing.

Par Dax is on a distinguished road
    I think you should fine with nine feet, but if this is going in the basement you should watch for where the duct work is going as you will lose at least a foot in those areas.

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Go with 10 feet. You wont regret it.

archv6625
    Absolutely agreed. I went 10'4" (16 courses of block minus the concrete pad) rough which will finish out roughly 10'0.5" after platforms/drywall and wouldn't really want it any lower. I could PROBABLY swing in a ceiling just over 9' it wouldn't be comfortable at all. At 10, I have no fear. Its only a couple more courses of blocks/couple more yards of concrete. Its cheap to go deeper now and VERY expensive to do it later. Make sure you are wide enough too. I know there are places that say 14' is wide enough for righty/lefty play but I would be very uncomfortable at only 7' from ball to wall. My room is 15'8" rough width and honestly, I wish it was wider.

3 Wood Stonebattle is on a distinguished road
    I agree with 10 feet, although I have a ceiling height of 9 ft 2 in and have had guys up to 6 ft 4 in and they have not come close to the ceiling. The closest I have seen was a guy 5 ft 5 in with the most upright swing you could imagine come within about 3 to 4 in of the ceiling.

archv6625
    Yep - I'm much closer to the ceiling when trying to hit a fade than a standard shot. I guess that's what I meant by comfort. Lower works (as you definitely proved) higher is just nicer.

Thread Information