CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Andegoulding

The Golf Club game is due for imminent release........

.......... on PC, PS4 and Xbox One. It looks very comprehensive indeed, and the course creation side of things looks incredibly powerful. Does anyone know if it would be possible to shoehorn any simulation hardware onto this? I shall be buying it anyway upon it's release, but it would be great if it went the extra mile

http://thegolfclubgame.com/

Andegoulding
    Surprised there is no interest in this? Thought people would be chomping at the bit for a decent game/powerful editor....

Check out this youtube video of a user-created par 3 course. Personally I'm astounded at the results that are achievable....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6DZ...ature=youtu.be

Ace goatbarn is on a distinguished road
    I believe this game has been talked about a bunch on this forum as well as ProteeOnline forum.

From memory, I believe some people have reached out to the creators to see if sim integration is in the works, and the answer was no.

Consistently present SnazzyD is on a distinguished road
    It's already available for PC as an Early Access* game on Steam. I should have bought it when it was 20% off during the Steam Summer sale but I kept thinking it would go even lower - damn Scottish DNA.

THIS is the golf game I've been waiting forever for. The Tiger Woods series from EA has never satisfied that itch, and I kept thinking back to Jack Nicklaus Golden Bear and all the custom courses made available through its editor. Now we have The Golf Club and EA's Tiger Woods series took a year off for the first time. Changing of the guard?

* This is what they mean by Early Access:

“Please remember that this is an Early Access game - it is NOT a finished product! There are still bugs, missing features and content and more optimizations to be made - but we are working hard to continually update the game and improve the experience! If you're interested in getting in early and helping shape The Golf Club as a game - then Early Access is for you!

Right now the full core experience is available - you can create courses, share them, rate them and play online against friends. As development progresses, we'll be adding additional features and refinements leading up to the full release which will include features like Tours and Tournaments.”
    Last edited by SnazzyD; 07-15-2014 at 11:15 AM.

Andegoulding
    Ah, so it hasn't slipped in under the radar then... I thought it was a bit odd. Shame that they have been unwilling to facilitate the sim community. Ah well, at least you lot have tried. As regards the early access version, I was aware of it but my current PC shall struggle to do it justice so I am waiting for the console versions to surface. They submitted the product to both Sony and Microsoft the other day so are awaiting approval. So am I .

Oh, and today they announced that Greg Norman shall be using it for his course development projects. Whether this is just endorsement speak and it just means a famous name on the box, or whether it will have a bit more substance to it only time will tell. But if he is genuinely using it as his course creating tool of choice then that is praise indeed.

1 Iron Jsgregg is on a distinguished road
    I think it is way too early to say they have been unwilling to facilitate to the sim community. Their primary purpose has been to develop the best golf game to date for PC and consoles. A very happy side effect is that it will be adaptable for sim use.

Very FEW if us have simulators, but EVERYONE has a console. They have their priorities straight, and siulmulator use will come along. I am with you, and am very excited about the possibilities.

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    A sim version of this is imminent. Stay tuned for more information. No doubt this software looks unbelievable!! Believe me, this engine is on the radar.

Pitching Wedge steb is on a distinguished road
    Here's some news

Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road

Protee and the GolfClub Game. This is gonna be awesome. Online play will be awesome this year. I cant wait till winter! http://thegolfclubgame.com/2014/08/0...protee-united/

Any news on TGC and Protee integration?

I've been playing this on PS4 and it's amazing, especially after the update this week that fixed much of the putting issues among other things.

I will post my Top 10 community built courses one of these days as there are some absolutely amazing ones popping up, and over 30,000 since the launch 2 months ago. To play some of these gems with a simulator would be unreal - there isn't a course on Earth as break-taking as some of the ones I've played so far.

If they add PS Move and Morpheus integration, it'll be out of this world....for PC, I'm checking around to see if anyone's got this to work with the Oculus Rift.

Currently testing ProTee and the Golf Club Game on beta testing. It's absolutely amazing. Best sim software I have ever used and will only improve. Course list is endless.

Best course I've played so far is El Caballo Blanco (Fixed). Every hole is stunning, but when you get to the teebox on #3......wow.
    This must be the place where golfers go in the afterlife...

7 Iron drcabral is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by bubba22 View Post
    Currently testing ProTee and the Golf Club Game on beta testing. It's absolutely amazing. Best sim software I have ever used and will only improve. Course list is endless.
    Finally, the future is here!!! Any estimates on release dates to the public? Will GC2 owners be able to play?

Quote Originally Posted by drcabral View Post
    Finally, the future is here!!! Any estimates on release dates to the public? Will GC2 owners be able to play?
    You are right. Testing is going great. GC2 testing is happening as well so yes, it will be available to GC2 owners. Not sure when it will be available to the public but my guesse would be before January.

Lob Wedge sprigs is on a distinguished road
    Im just about to order a Gc2/hmt and was wondering, would I have to buy the protee software and a TGC Lic?

Or I can just buy the TGC?

Thanks

I think you will need to buy the ProTee software to get TGC. Not 100% sure but will find out.

stevely
    Just purchased a GC2/HMT as well and was looking at protee with TGC. I'm in the US. Are there any contacts for the US? I tried the email on their website and am waiting to hear back.

Dang!!!! I just bought protee 2.0 with anticipation of upgrading to TGC when it comes out. I sure hope it's not less than $1999 or I just impulsively brought protee 2.0. FYI, the set up went smooth with protee support, only problem was I had to bring everything to work because of the time difference

7 Iron kinitex is on a distinguished road
    So is TGC coming out for Protee Nov 24th, or will it be later than that?

Beta testing now. Working out bugs but coming well. Scheduled for release on Nov 24.

3 Wood northgolf is on a distinguished road
    Bubba,

The big question I have with TGC is what hardware other than ProTee will be supported with it, and is there any hardware under development that will be out in a near term (say <6 months stated RTM goal, so in the next 2 years the way this industry moves...).

Caddy golfun is on a distinguished road
    Really interesting article on how The Golf Club was conceived! It was actually supposed to be... you guessed it, Tiger Woods 2015!

Here it is: http://www.polygon.com/2014/2/1/5364...orts-interview

Quote Originally Posted by northgolf View Post
    Bubba,

The big question I have with TGC is what hardware other than ProTee will be supported with it, and is there any hardware under development that will be out in a near term (say <6 months stated RTM goal, so in the next 2 years the way this industry moves...).
    Just Protee now. Released yesterday. Software is awesome. More hardware scheduled o join in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by golfun View Post
    Really interesting article on how The Golf Club was conceived! It was actually supposed to be... you guessed it, Tiger Woods 2015!

Here it is: http://www.polygon.com/2014/2/1/5364...orts-interview
    We are truly fortunate and blessed to have HB studios enter the golf sim arena. Up to now the graphics and for our sim have been mediocre at best ( equivalent to playing Doom). Now that we have a software developer who truly understands 3-D graphics we can expect nothing but the best from this point forward. Just the mere fact that we are no longer being held hostage to only a select number of courses for thousands of dollars by hardware sim companies l will allow us the freedom to truly enjoy simulation. It's okay to make good hardware product but to hold your customer hostage using crappy software is inappropriate and poor business practice. Additionally, you could tell that many of the hardware companies had poor understanding and execution of 3D graphics, hence all the promised release dates and new version that never came to fuition. The Golf Club is truly a game changer. Now if could only get a used HMT for cheap I'd be good to go.

Totally agree!

7 Iron kinitex is on a distinguished road
    Props to Protee and HB Studios for making this free for existing Protee 2.0 customers. I was not expecting that at all.

Just submitted my license, can't wait to start playing this!

Is there a database somewhere I can check out some of these 32,000 courses? In particular I'm looking for some par3 courses like hills of clarity in Protee.

Edit: found one: http://www.pocketscout.us

Basically you need to search for courses. Try searching for ProTee courses in TGC. Also google TGC simulator friendly courses.

Par Kball is on a distinguished road
    Any videos of TGC working with ProTee?

All kinds of videos out there. Just search TGC ProTee videos. Here is one http://www.twitch.tv/zmaxsim/c/5447384

Thread Information