CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Optishot 2

4 Iron madspeed is on a distinguished road
    my text is clear as can be. I could check my settings and report back, but likely will be different than your optimal settings due to different computer systems and projectors. What is the native resolution of your projector?

4 Iron madspeed is on a distinguished road
    and how is zoom handled by your projector? Ideally you want to fill up the screen as much as possible while having your projectors zoom in the middle of its usable range, then zoom to hone in from there

Lob Wedge jbeck is on a distinguished road
    Here are some of the specs:
    Display Attributes
    Native Resolution 800x600
    Maximum Resolution 1440x900
    Aspect Ratio 4:3 (SVGA)
    Display Type 3 LCD
    Digital Zoom

Thanks again for the replies!!

Putter Pacemeister is on a distinguished road
    Is text nice and clear in a word doc (or mac equivelent)?
    It would be very strange if only the text was blurred in opti software, is the rest of the image clear? Sounds simply like the projector isnt quite focused?

Putter Pacemeister is on a distinguished road
    Actually on second thoughts its more likely reution mismatch, this would skew text on a more noticable scale than the image, set your projector to 800 x 600 on your mac and work up from there if the image is clear, i would have thought 1080 x 720 would work but start from the bottom 800 x 600 first, project a text doc at that res to check its running correctly before booting optishot.

Lob Wedge jbeck is on a distinguished road
    Thanks for the replies, I had to switch the display settings on the Mac to be "best display for computer" not projector. That seemed to work much better.

Gap Wedge jackhawk is on a distinguished road
    So how many of the courses does Optishot have for the PGA tour this year? It was fun to play Pebble Beach and Rivera for free on the weekend the PGA tour was at those sites this year online.

9 Iron tcaron is on a distinguished road
    I updated my Optishot the other day and it automatically loaded Hogan's Run. The next day I could no longer acces it and it says that I can only preview it.
    Any ideas?
    TomC

7 Wood wbond is on a distinguished road
    You were able to use it during that weeks PGA tournament. They have been doing this for the past few weeks. If they have a course that matches the PGA that week, you can play Thurs-Sun. If they don't they offer play on a different one Thurs-Sun.
    Quote Originally Posted by tcaron View Post
    I updated my Optishot the other day and it automatically loaded Hogan's Run. The next day I could no longer acces it and it says that I can only preview it.
    Any ideas?
    TomC

9 Iron tcaron is on a distinguished road

Hogan's Run

Got it, thanks.

Tom c

Putter Jb50 is on a distinguished road

Computer specs

Been reading lots of stuff on this site. Great info. Going to pull the trigger on the optishot 2 but wanted to make sure my laptop is enough to handle it. I have a:

Toshiba satellite c55dt-b
    AMD A8-6410 APU with Radeon r5 graphics 2.0 ghz
    6 gb RAM
    64 bit
    Windows 8.1 touchscreen

From what I have been reading this should be plenty? Any thoughts?

Thanks

thepete83

optishot 1 or 2?

Perspective optishot owner here. Quick question. Anyone own optishot 1 and optishot 2 by chance? According to the website, optishot 2 hardware is improved so it is more accurate than optishot 1. Is it worth to buy optishot 2?? Thanks in advance

7 Wood wbond is on a distinguished road
    I don't believe it was a hardware change, i thought software only. My unit was an opti 1 and i upgraded teh software and now run opti 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by thepete83 View Post
    Perspective optishot owner here. Quick question. Anyone own optishot 1 and optishot 2 by chance? According to the website, optishot 2 hardware is improved so it is more accurate than optishot 1. Is it worth to buy optishot 2?? Thanks in advance

8 Iron brcobb is on a distinguished road brcobb's Avatar
    The Optishot 1 & 2 hardware are the same. The only difference is the software. Within the Optishot 2 software, they have added the "Calibration" feature, as well as online play.

If you own (or buy) the Optishot 1, you just need to buy the updated software for $99. There are quite a few folks picking up the Optishot 1 at a pretty good discount and then just paying the $99 charge.

In the Zone 4jag is on a distinguished road 4jag's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by brcobb View Post
    The Optishot 1 & 2 hardware are the same. The only difference is the software. Within the Optishot 2 software, they have added the "Calibration" feature, as well as online play.

If you own (or buy) the Optishot 1, you just need to buy the updated software for $99. There are quite a few folks picking up the Optishot 1 at a pretty good discount and then just paying the $99 charge.
    I picked up a used Optishot 1 with intention of buying the upgrade but because the previous owner had registered the unit with Optishot before Dec 2014 my upgrade was free. Just had to download and activate the new software.
    If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

Quote Originally Posted by 4jag View Post
    I picked up a used Optishot 1 with intention of buying the upgrade but because the previous owner had registered the unit with Optishot before Dec 2014 my upgrade was free. Just had to download and activate the new software.
    That is a great deal!

Lob Wedge cruz878 is on a distinguished road
    How can you tell if a used unit qualifies for the upgrade free? I got a second unit shipped to me this week that was clearly an open box item that someone had returned... I was planning on sending it back but if it qualifies for the upgrade I'd keep it.

The registration is tied to the software. No real way to tell except by installing the software and see if you are automatically prompted for the update.

Lob Wedge cruz878 is on a distinguished road
    so I went ahead and downloaded the v2 software on my original optishot and it allowed me to register a live account and play around on the range... weird as this one was purchased brand new a few weeks ago so I don't see how it would have been registered by December. I'm not complaining though, if it continues to work it'll save me $99.

on a related note v2 of the software seems to be working much better for me than v1. I do not have my lighting set yet and v1 was failing to read a lot of swings. Once it started failing to read it seemed like unplugging the USB would get it going again. I only played around with v2 on the driving range but didn't get a single failed read in the 50 balls I hit under the same lighting conditions.

6 Iron psyflyjohn is on a distinguished road
    Just saw the email from Optishot about their "Sweet Magnolia" tournament this week. It looks like they are dusting off their old Augusta software for temporary use. There's a story behind their selling the Augusta software in the past, but I know only part if it. I believe they got badly burned by Augusta back then, and agreed not to market the software for some reason. Doesn't make much sense to me, because other systems sell Augusta software, I believe. Anybody know more details?

http://www.optishotgolf.com/sweet-magnolia.html

9 Iron bionicbooger is on a distinguished road bionicbooger's Avatar
    Hi psyflyjohn

Optishot did not get burned by Augusta because Optishot never paid Augusta for licensing. When EA Sports purchased the rights to Augusta, Augusta National asked all sim companies to stop selling their course or course replicas. Of course, from fear of possible litigation all sim companies complied.

Im not exactly sure about copyright laws so I could be very wrong. But I do believe there is no copyright infringement if you don't "sell" the product. Therefor since OptiShot is "giving" the course away, technically they are not breaking any laws.

Hope this helps

Thanks for the clarification. So it does sound like they dusted off their old software. What would be cool is if they just permanently gave away "Sweet Magnolia" to their customers as a good will gesture...

Putter jonb is on a distinguished road

"Sweet Magnolia" is awesome

I just played "Sweet Magnolia", what a great course.
    My garage simulator in the Ottawa area has been too cold to play on this winter so I haven't play much with the Optishot 2 s/w.
    Its a little warmer today so I gave it a try.
    I did not get any flakey club readings even with no tape. The new s/w seems like an improvement. For the driver/3 wood I just tuned up the distance on the 3 iron and that seemed to work fine. I will have to try my real driver/3 wood next.
    I hope there is some way to get access to this course after Monday.

I just emailed Optishot asking them to permanently release Sweet Magnolia as a "thank you" to the loyal customers and their support of Optishot 2. It may help if you did to...

Par tyorke1 is on a distinguished road
    Is it going to go on sale

Par tyorke1 is on a distinguished road
    sorry wondering if Augusta is going on sale .

4 Iron psgolfer is on a distinguished road
    Nope, they are not going to sell Sweet Magnolia, going to have to wait till next year.

Found a way to preserve Sweet Magnolia for a while: Turn off the wi-fi on the computer. Heh heh.

4 Iron psgolfer is on a distinguished road
    Well, I'll be......... I have Sweet Mag on this laptop as well as another laptop in my Sim Room. I haven't even opened opti on this cpu since Sweet Mag came out (I was downloading here when there were bugs to see when it was up and running).

So, first I turned off my wifi. Opened up opti, play offline, practice, Sweet Magnolia...... Loaded up and put me on the 1st tee.

GREAT CATCH, psyflyjohn.

Thread Information