CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Optishot 2

ancien
    For some reason i cant register a account live. Web i try to register, in the mail form i cant type @.
    Any advice?

8 Iron brcobb is on a distinguished road brcobb's Avatar
    Try doing a copy (ctrl c) and paste (ctrl v) of the @ symbol.

Putter gmussell is on a distinguished road
    I got the same email. When I clicked on the down load now button, it took me to a web page that said I am at the right place, but there was no button to start the down load. Has anyone else had a similar problem? I have contacted customer support, but I have not heard back.

thanks
    George

I had the same issue. My issue was browser related. I could not see/open the link in Chrome. However, I could see/open the link in Internet Explorer.

good call, I was on Chrome, I'll see if I can get it on explorer.

thanks
    George

ancien
    Quote Originally Posted by brcobb View Post
    Try doing a copy (ctrl c) and paste (ctrl v) of the @ symbol.
    I've tried brcobb.
    For same reason it doesnt work for me.
    I've emailed the support. Hope they will fix this.

I thought I saw your request via the Optishot Facebook page. If not, then others are having the same problem.

I just ran home and tried it with explorer, it took me to the same page.

George

1 Iron FaultyClubs is on a distinguished road
    Basically, the system has you move your woods across the sensor with the face square 5 times. It "swishes" if it reads properly. It then has you do the same for an open face and again with a closed face. So, the software is basically "learning" what a square, open and closed readings are for the reflections from the club so they can be applied at full swing speed.

How does one swing the club face square with any accuracy? Or swing it through open and closed 10 degrees as they require? Sounds like a recipe for huge errors.

My experience over the last day, shows exactly the opposite. The key is to move the club over the sensors very slowly. You aren't really taking a swing. Think putting stroke.....

They want it straight and at 10 degrees. I don't see how anyone can get that accurate (to within a 1 degree or so) without special equipment! That's +/- 0.5 degree required when holding by hand and moving it!

Can you look at a club face and tell if it is 10 degrees open versus only 9 degrees? I certainly can't. Let alone hold it within 1 degree as I sweep it through five times!

Just not making sense to me.

It really isn't that difficult. Perfection is not a necessity for great results!

Wow, way to sweep all the problems under the rug! LOL

I seriously doubt there is any real improvement in accuracy. Although I can see how it might tame the wild 20 degree errors people sometimes complain about.

Time will tell I suppose.

What problems? By your comments, I will assume you either don't have the latest software or haven't tried it.

Lob Wedge jbeck is on a distinguished road
    I just received my OptiShot2 and trying to use it with my Macbook Pro...I was able to upload the software for Mac yesterday but found several issues:
    1. No Driving Range was available
    2. Every time I opened the program it would tell me I had updates and then proceed to upload all the courses again.
    3. The lights on the mat were very sporadic (sometimes green, sometimes none) and it seems to be having a hard time detecting the swings

I've noticed today that the software download page says "Mac Version will be available soon"
    Does anyone know whats going on with the Mac version of the software?

I've tried to reach tech support and customer support with zero luck!!

Final question for now: If I download the PC version just to get it working can I then download the Mac version at a later date using the download key on the bottom of the mat?

Thank in advance for any help, I was very excited about the product but that excitement has now turned into doubt about the product.

Thanks again!

Brandolation
    From Dancin Dogg.....If you have an OptiShot1 registered before tomorrow (12/1/2014) you will automatically receive the OptiShot2 Software for FREE and be able to purchase the Mac Upgrade for $29.95. I'm using it daily on the Mac right now and its awesome!

Thinking about getting optishot2 for my Mac but have a concern regarding the graphics chip.. I just bought a 15 inch MacBook pro retina mid 2014 with iris pro... It does not have the NVidia graphics card like the Optishot website says is required. What type of Mac do you have?

What problems?
    The problems you swept under the rug! LOL Reread post #41 onwards perhaps.

By your comments, I will assume you either don't have the latest software or haven't tried it.
    Where do you think the 10 degrees came from? It should have been obvious that I have the software and have tried it. Hence my comments.

Anyway, I think we're going in circles so I'll drop it. Perhaps some enterprising person will do a meaningful objective test and post the results so we can get past the marketing enthusiasm.

Caddy golfun is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by FaultyClubs View Post
    I seriously doubt there is any real improvement in accuracy. Although I can see how it might tame the wild 20 degree errors people sometimes complain about.

Time will tell I suppose.

That's what I thought. It would "tame" the outliers down. But just 2 degrees off on a 200yard shot would be a lot....

Quote Originally Posted by jbeck View Post
    ...The lights on the mat were very sporadic (sometimes green, sometimes none) and it seems to be having a hard time detecting the swings...
    I don't have a Mac...but a sporadic green light sounds like a physical connection problem or hardware unit failure (I recall mine comes on as soon as it is plugged into the computer).

My assumption was based on "...I seriously doubt there is any real improvement in accuracy. Although I can see how it might tame the wild 20 degree errors people sometimes complain about...."

I'm also not referring to marketing hype. I have been one of the beta testers for the past 2 months. The "Calibration" was not part of the beta software. When it was included with the final release yesterday, I loaded it up and gave it a try. For me, I can see the difference.

I still don't see the "problems". That is why I said "Perfection is not a necessity for great results!" Whether it is 10 degrees open or 9 degrees still give great results. Once again, that is for me.

Lob Wedge jbeck is on a distinguished road
    It appears that they have an issue with the Mac version of the software and they are trying to resolve it. At least that was the reply I got from a Facebook post.

I hope it's resolved soon...frustrated!!!!

...Whether it is 10 degrees open or 9 degrees still give great results. Once again, that is for me.
    What was the accuracy before the calibration and what did it change to after the calibration? I'm just wondering what "great results" mean to you.

Let me back up and say I don't mean to come across as argumentative. I also don't believe the Optishot is perfect and will give 100% accurate results. That is simply impossible with this type system.

Having said that, I do believe (my experience) if you spend the time tweaking the settings and making sure the clubs are ideal for reflection (tape) you will get good results. You are correct in that great vs good is subjective. For me, I believe the results are great. My shots now mirror my real world shots. My misses (block/hook) now mirror my real world misses.

I also believe the "calibration" function will "tame" the outliers down. Fortunately, I was never seeing those wild outliers since I had already spent time "tweaking" my clubs. However, I do find with the use of the "calibration" function that my shots are tighter and I can move the ball better.

9 Iron tcaron is on a distinguished road

Optishot to Optishot 2

So I fired up Optishot today to play around and three free courses loaded up via update. Cogs Corner, Twisted Twig and Fylde Links, the three courses included with Optishot 2.

Does this mean I will be getting the Optishot 2 upgrade also?

I like the driver calibration idea!

Tom C

tcaron...if your system was registered by 1 Dec, you should get the upgrade to Optishot 2.

4 Iron madspeed is on a distinguished road
    I followed the link in the email i got to download the updated software. How do i install it?

Putter Gafmagic is on a distinguished road
    Hello, I've got the same @ problem. I tried to use on-screen keyboard as well with no success. It seems that copy&paste does not work in optishot enviroment.

Optisho2 is running on Win7 Pro 64bit (I'm using bootcamp on iMAC).
    Could it be possible it happens to Italian users only?
    I wrote to Optishot support as well, still waiting.

Any news?

Regards

Lob Wedge greenstreak is on a distinguished road
    I have tried the optishot 2and at this point I like the original better. For some reason the new software kills all my swing speed. With the original I never had to make any adjustments to my clubs to get my proper distance. With the opti2 I had to adjust my speed to 110 and distance to 105 on my driver to get the same distance and swing speed as before but it is still all over the place with the odd drive going way further than it should.. And I am still trying to get my irons to read with any kind of consistency. The swing speeds are all over the place. I am using the optishot golf matt from The golf simulator guys but it works fine with the original software. I'm glad I didn't have to pay for it but I wish it would work at least as well as the original.

4 Iron madspeed is on a distinguished road
    I'm sure it just needs some tweaking. The software likely contains tweaks and revisions to whatever parameters is contained in the program. I hope to have my stance platform done soon and get to some online play!

Lob Wedge jonpucek is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by greenstreak View Post
    I have tried the optishot 2and at this point I like the original better. For some reason the new software kills all my swing speed. With the original I never had to make any adjustments to my clubs to get my proper distance. With the opti2 I had to adjust my speed to 110 and distance to 105 on my driver to get the same distance and swing speed as before but it is still all over the place with the odd drive going way further than it should.. And I am still trying to get my irons to read with any kind of consistency. The swing speeds are all over the place. I am using the optishot golf matt from The golf simulator guys but it works fine with the original software. I'm glad I didn't have to pay for it but I wish it would work at least as well as the original.
    Check your ball setting. When I downloaded the new software it had the balls setting at foam. Changed it back to real and I was good to go. I do have my clubs all taped up though and I get pretty close results.

Thread Information