CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Optishot 2

8 Iron brcobb is on a distinguished road brcobb's Avatar

Optishot 2

Dancin Dogg posted the following via Facebook:

Our apologizes, Michael. The response to OptiShot2 has been huge! Very busy here. And that’s just some of the good news, the other is that YES!, there is an upgrade available for OptiShot to OptiShot2. And because we’re riding the happy train here, not to mention wanting to clear out the last of the 2014 inventory, anyone who purchases an OptiShot now and registers it by 12/1/14, will get the OptiShot2 upgrade FREE. But only for a limited time. After that, the upgrade will still be available for $99.00. Hope that helps, thanks for your interest, and happy Black Friday. Happy? Black Friday? Is that an oxymoron?

7 Iron gotenks94 is on a distinguished road
    I no there is a software update, but I wonder will it also be a hardware update to go along with the software.

Caddy golfun is on a distinguished road
    It says Mac Requirements. Is that for Mac or Bootcamp?

Did they actually improve the hardware or is it just sales tactics and fancy new packaging?

7 Wood wbond is on a distinguished road
    Is there anyplace that has a comparison between the original and optishot 2?

3 Wood Golfmaxxx is on a distinguished road Golfmaxxx's Avatar
    Jonathan B Cole (OptiShot Help & Support)
    Nov 18 01:19 PM

The new version of OptiShot, called OptiShot2, is a software upgrade. The hardware is exactly the same. In addition to the live component, the guys are putting in a way to make those hard to read drivers more usable.

Jonathan B Cole
    Operations & Technical Support Manager | OptiShot Golf
    +1 (866) 867-6771
    +1 (231) 225-9773

Stephen Ri
    Stephen Rigarlsford
    Nov 18 09:41 AM

Hey guys, is optishot2 just a new software with online play ?or is there more? Many of us testers would like to know.

Thanks.
    Maxxx

So, when the beta testing is over looks like we are forking out $99?

The "New" Optishot is now $500? Why exactly besides some new updates to software?

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    $399 Optishot + $99 Optishot live
    Very sneaky!

7 Wood wbond is on a distinguished road
    Not really sure what you get for the $100 either, other than i guess online play and possibly something to do with picking up drivers better.

1 Iron FaultyClubs is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by wbond View Post
    Not really sure what you get for the $100 either, other than i guess online play and possibly something to do with picking up drivers better.
    One doesn't really get online play for $100 either....there is a monthly fee required on top of that.

I wonder if they've fixed the basic physics engine...the current software uses incorrect ball flight laws...they know but haven't been serious enough about accuracy to bother fixing.

What do you mean incorrect ball flight laws? How do determine that when the ball is not measured? Are you implying that the estimated ball direction is not right based on the measured club face and path?

1 Iron FaultyClubs is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by bubba22 View Post
    ...Are you implying that the estimated ball direction is not right based on the measured club face and path?
    Yes, if they used the latest ball flight laws the Optishot is capable of producing more accurate ball path estimation from the club face and path measurements.

Can you post a screenshot showing the Optishot ball direction and club data.

9 Iron tcaron is on a distinguished road
    Long time "happy" Optishot user here. Projected screen, cage, the whole nine yards. I am not interested in online play but am in a software upgrade that gives me a higher resolution. Currently projecting an HD image with a Optoma HD 141x but the image is still not what I expect to see.
    Will Optishot 2 enhance the image or is it just for online play?
    Thanks!
    Tom C

Gap Wedge sadness67 is on a distinguished road sadness67's Avatar
    As far as I know it is pretty much only online play, but you really should give it a chance.
    I had the same opinion as you before I tried it, and now I hardly play offline anymore. It is just so much more fun playing with others.
    Live Simulator Chat @ http://*************.com

According to today's post from Dancin Dogg, any Optishot system registered by 12/1/2014 will receive the software upgrade for free.

From Dancin Dogg.....If you have an OptiShot1 registered before tomorrow (12/1/2014) you will automatically receive the OptiShot2 Software for FREE and be able to purchase the Mac Upgrade for $29.95. I'm using it daily on the Mac right now and its awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by brcobb View Post
    and be able to purchase the Mac Upgrade for $29.95.
    It works on Mac????

JayG
    Hi Guys, I have the Optishot and have registered it as of 10/20/2014. How do I upgrade to the Optishot 2 software for free?

Thanks!

According to Dancin Dogg, the updated software will also be available for Mac.

The update has not been officially released yet. When it is, your software will prompt you that there is an update available (if you are connected to the Internet). Many of is are currently playing the beta version.

Putter chrislister is on a distinguished road
    I am currently connected to the internet, and just installed and registered my Optishot and it did not prompt me to install the Optishot2 upgrade, was that just something they were offering but never going to really offer?

Ace goatbarn is on a distinguished road
    Optishot 2 is currently beta, I thought.

So this wouldn't prompt you until it's actually live and officially released.

Sand Wedge coreyhr is on a distinguished road coreyhr's Avatar
    That's correct goatbarn.
    Optishot Username: Vincent_Vega

Lob Wedge greenstreak is on a distinguished road
    when is the official release date.I am itching to try the new software. I believe you get some additional golf course's aswell

t4t3r
    I just ordered my Optishot today, and even though it will arrive tomorrow, looks like I'm going to get boned by the free upgrade since it has to be registered by 12/1...

Optishot 2 is still in beta. It is supposed to be released "any day". You can still join in the fun by getting the beta version. Just cut and paste the following link in your browser including true:

http://www.optishotgolf.com/live.html?beta-download[_open]=true

Once you have it loaded up, head on over to www.onliegolftour.net and join in on the fun.

Sand Wedge thorin33 is on a distinguished road
    Just got an email to download the new Optishot 2. Here is the message I received:

As you probably have heard, OptiShot Golf has been garnering a lot of buzz lately, all due to the release of our most advanced and accurate golf simulator to date. We couldn't be more pleased; but, truth is it couldn't be done without you, our first OptiShot Golf customers.
    So as a great big thanks to you, the OptiShot team is giving you the full software upgrade to the all the features and improvements of the new OptiShot2 Golf Simulator including:
    OptiShot Live - The lively, social, interactive way to play better golf. Tee off in real time against other OptiShot2 players. Meet up with friends, or join up with golfers from around the world, anytime of the day or night. It's the world's biggest golf club. Basically, it's the world's biggest golf club. Open 24/7/365. Now, you're a member.
    Increased Accuracy - The OptiShot2 Golf Simulator features an even more advanced club calibration software system that delivers even greater accuracy. Grab your driver, and let it rip!
    More Courses FREE - OptiShot2 includes 3, new, world-class courses for a total of 15 OptiShot Gold courses standard. Now along with all the other greats, play these legends too:
    Twisted Twig - Replicated from Crooked Stick Golf Club, this Pete Dye designed legend has wide fairways and demanding second shots.
    Flyde Links - One of England's Top 100, this facsimile of Royal Lytham's course is quite the challenge.
    Cogs Corner - With greens for every level of play, Cogs Corner simulates the finely crafted balance of Chicago's Cog Hill.

I downloaded the final released version today and played this evening. They have added a new calibration feature for the woods. Overall, a nice update.

Quote Originally Posted by brcobb View Post
    I They have added a new calibration feature for the woods.
    How does that work?

Basically, the system has you move your woods across the sensor with the face square 5 times. It "swishes" if it reads properly. It then has you do the same for an open face and again with a closed face. So, the software is basically "learning" what a square, open and closed readings are for the reflections from the club so they can be applied at full swing speed.

Thread Information