100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: P3 Pro Putting

Pitching Wedge DeaconBlooze is on a distinguished road

P3 Pro Putting

I've dialed in quite a few of my settings for my P3, and I'm pretty happy with how it's performing. One thing I'm interested in improving is the putting... I have my putter taped, but I'm just not enjoying putting at the moment.

I know this is probably about the hardest thing to replicate on a simulator of this type, but does anyone have any tips on putting? I find reading the greens difficult, I also find that red slow-putt light almost maddening! I feel rushed to get a putt rolling before that thing turns off.

What sort of setting do you have for your green friction? I turned mine down to about .55, as I found I was leaving a lot of putts unrealistically short. This unfortunately still seems to happen, as well as blowing the ball by the hole quite often.

I've thought about just setting the game to "2-putt", but the autoputt seems to be limited to 1, 3, or 5... ? Am I missing something? No option for 2-putt seems ridiculous to me.

Eagle SFR is on a distinguished road
    The putting has improved and may just take time to get used to. Same with reading the greens. I used to putt without a ball in place and record putt ball speeds or swing speeds on a flat green and how far they roll. Go from 5 feet to 60 feet. Then you need to factor in the up and down hill amounts and how much more or less you need. If you can swing so a ball speed is about 4.5 mph you can use that info like a stimp meter. That putt will go 10 feet on flat greens if the stimp is 10. 12 feet if the stimp is 12 etc.

As for the auto putt, if I recall they way it used to be is that if you auto putt with 1, you get one try to sink the putt and then the next one is a gimme. So in fact you should have a 2 putt recorded for that hole. If you want 2 try's then the "3" will make the 3rd putt a gimme.

Pitching Wedge DeaconBlooze is on a distinguished road
    Good info, thanks SFR!

I guess I'll put it on 3-putt for now, and give myself some time to adapt. I think part of it is I'm simply putting the ball off the sensor, that has a weird feel.. If i had a putting extension or something, perhaps I'd have a better gauge to hit the ball to.

Thread Information