CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Golf in Jamaica

Sand Wedge golfman1422 is on a distinguished road

Golf in Jamaica

If you are heading to Jamaica and need rates and course suggestion let me know. So great course on the island. Courses in the Montego Bay Area are Cinnamon Hill, White Witch and Half Moon. Look forward helping you.

Wannamaker stevek is on a distinguished road stevek's Avatar

Jamaica

I'm heading there in Feb and staying in Negril. Planning on playing golf three times with my wife and would likely play Negril Golf Course twice and go to Montego Bay for one round. Which do you recommend?

http://islands.twoguyswhogolf.com/ja...grilhills.html

What kind of rates do the mandatory caddies charge on top of the green fees.
    "Only one man in a thousand is a leader of men...
    the other 999 follow women." - Groucho Marx

Sand Wedge golfman1422 is on a distinguished road
    What hotel you staying at ?
    I haven't played the course yet in Negril but I'm planing on doing so soon. Im here for another 6 months so I will have to play lots of golf.
    As for the courses in Montego Bay you have 3 choices.
    Half Moon
    Cinnamon Hill
    White Witch
    All rates are pretty close to the same.
    Half Moon is my favourite very classic golf course interesting to play
    Cinnamon Hill is a ok course couple holes along the water not to challenging most days
    White Witch is a is the most amazing views but very challenging golf course. Lots of elevation and great ocean views but hard to get a good lie for your second shot due to all the slopes.

Caddy fees are included but tips aren't. If you give me the hotel name I'll send you rates with transfer included. If you have any other questions about golf in Jamaica let me know.

Cheers

Driver moneymaker is on a distinguished road
    Steve - agree with what the last post says for the most part.

I go yearly - first week of March. Negril golf is OK. The course in Ochos is also OK but not so great. I prefer Montego Bay. White Witch is 5 star/world class golf. As above, the scenery is unreal. Golf course is great/conditions same. Cinnamon Hill is second comfortably but also very nice, only a couple holes on the ocean, then up and through the jungle. I feel that course compares to Emerald Links locally. Some short funky holes, don't get too far sideways or you are done.

If you've ever played in the Muskokas ie. Deerhurst/Grandview/Taboo etc, that's a comparable for White Witch and a little less so for Cinnamon Hill....

Rates aren't cheap - budget 150 US for a round plus caddy tip. Red stripes extra. But hey, it's 30 degrees in March!

Tips....Gets dark earlier than you think down there that time of year. Can't play after 7. Wind is ridiculous most days after 11am so plan accordingly. Courses aren't busy, less so than here. If you don't hit it arrow straight/target golf be ready to lose some balls.

Wannamaker stevek is on a distinguished road stevek's Avatar
    With all the free activities and most of all the required time doing nothing on the beach, I'm not sure we will even golf once.

Thanks for all the suggestions, though.
    "Only one man in a thousand is a leader of men...
    the other 999 follow women." - Groucho Marx

3 Wood LeftyT is on a distinguished road LeftyT's Avatar
    I know this thread is very old but it seems like golfing in Jamaica is really expensive. I don't plan on bringing any clubs. I'm staying in RIU OCHO RIOS. Does any one have rates for Half Moon?

Thread Information