CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Home simulator

Putter NICOLA is on a distinguished road

Home simulator

Hi,

i'm looking to buy a home golf simulator and i want to spend about 3K. Is the P3 pro swing a good choice and where can i try one near Montréal?
    Thanks

Gap Wedge m3w is on a distinguished road
    With that price range, do a search on this forum for Skytrak. P3 Proswing is outdated technology. There are much better options on the horizon.

5 Iron skyeoh is on a distinguished road
    SkyTrak doesn't have simulator for now but in the works .......some time in the future as I understand.
    If you cant wait, lots of discussion on Golf Achiever GA-II and GA-X which are priced well within your budget.
    Their technology is circa 2009 but I am not sure if they have updated it since.

3 Wood Stonebattle is on a distinguished road
    For the cost P3pro is hard to beat. I would not say the technology is outdated, although there are some interesting technologies coming out, well maybe. Golf Achiever does sound interesting, I have never tried it, so I will have to pass on commenting. Optishot is the only other one I can think of in that price range.

BaDvs3viL
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonebattle View Post
    For the cost P3pro is hard to beat. I would not say the technology is outdated, although there are some interesting technologies coming out, well maybe. Golf Achiever does sound interesting, I have never tried it, so I will have to pass on commenting. Optishot is the only other one I can think of in that price range.
    I have to agree. I dont have the money to spend some 6k on the next best thing. P3 works great for me and has helped me improve my game and have fun in the process.

Putter NICOLA is on a distinguished road
    so if i want to have fun and at the same time improve my game , maybe not as good as Skytrack or Golf achiever, P3 would be a good one?
    I've Watch you on twitch.tv , seems like fun!

3 Wood Stonebattle is on a distinguished road
    The folks at P3pro have come a long way over the last few years. They have added on line play with many premium courses, launch angle to their premium courses. more up to date and realistic ball flight, videos and swing analysis along with the original club info. It's not perfect, but there is not a lot out there that's even close for the price. Something may come out tomorrow that will turn out better, but in the industry things seem to take a long time.

9 Iron roach5539 is on a distinguished road
    I have to agree, P3 has come a long way with this latest release. Integrating the Launch Angle camera with the virtual course software is very cool. There are a lot of great features to work on your game in the off season. It's been great to take lessons and then go home and work with the video analysis and immediate feedback of P3 to perfect the changes suggested by the pro. I have also found that playing online with people from around the world really tests my game and is great fun on a snowy day.

Lob Wedge veryold is on a distinguished road veryold's Avatar
    Any comments on the P3 vs. Optishot, which is 1/2 price of P3 ?
    Thanks.
    It is better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt (Mark Twain)

Putter Homesim17 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by veryold View Post
    Any comments on the P3 vs. Optishot, which is 1/2 price of P3 ?
    Thanks.
    I just returned my optishot for P3pro. I like the interface of opti better than P3p. It's more polished and user intuitive. I also like the graphics on opti better. However, I do think if I can ever fight through the setup on P3p it is a more accurate system. I will say that the taping of the woods is a pita and opti seems to do better without taping the entire head. The courses are better on P3p. Short game on both are terrible...almost makes it unusable as a sim.

I'm going to tweak for a few more days and give the launch angle a shot...if I'm not any happier with it, I'll probably return it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Homesim17 View Post
    I just returned my optishot for P3pro. I like the interface of opti better than P3p. It's more polished and user intuitive. I also like the graphics on opti better. However, I do think if I can ever fight through the setup on P3p it is a more accurate system. I will say that the taping of the woods is a pita and opti seems to do better without taping the entire head. The courses are better on P3p. Short game on both are terrible...almost makes it unusable as a sim.

I'm going to tweak for a few more days and give the launch angle a shot...if I'm not any happier with it, I'll probably return it too.
    Thank you so much for this writeup - much appreciated ! Hope that the P3p efforts end up working for you.
    Yes, I have seen numerous comments that these two sims are more for "entertainment" than for any more serious swing analysis.
    Thanks and cheers.
    Last edited by veryold; 11-28-2014 at 10:35 PM.
    It is better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt (Mark Twain)

Putter Homesim17 is on a distinguished road
    Just to update last. I adjusted the level of my hitting platform so it is now exactly level with the P3 console. I've also given up on short game game...what is left is a system I'm very happy with. I find the club head data on P3 very accurate and useful as I'm working on the range.

I was intrigued by the club vs ball data debate, but after spending the last two nights working on the driver...I'm a huge fan of club data. I should have the launch angle cam going on Tuesday and I'm interested to see how that improves the experience.

Hope that helps

Quote Originally Posted by Homesim17 View Post
    Just to update last. I adjusted the level of my hitting platform so it is now exactly level with the P3 console. I've also given up on short game game...what is left is a system I'm very happy with. I find the club head data on P3 very accurate and useful as I'm working on the range.

I was intrigued by the club vs ball data debate, but after spending the last two nights working on the driver...I'm a huge fan of club data. I should have the launch angle cam going on Tuesday and I'm interested to see how that improves the experience.

Hope that helps
    Great information ! It certainly helps me, and I hope it helps the OP. Many thanks for this

May I ask if this is the unit you have :
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Cheers and thanks a lot !

Thread Information