CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Putter cartrydge is on a distinguished road

About to purchase foresight gc2 couple questions

I was looking to purchase the gc2 but, torn on which software to get. They have the budget version where you can get like 5 courses and then they have the full blown that gives you the club fitting software and more courses. Also I read you can use pro tee software with the system is that correct? If so is it hard to integrate that? Also is the golf club software compatible?

Thanks!

7 Wood Msuzippy is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by cartrydge View Post
    I was looking to purchase the gc2 but, torn on which software to get. They have the budget version where you can get like 5 courses and then they have the full blown that gives you the club fitting software and more courses. Also I read you can use pro tee software with the system is that correct? If so is it hard to integrate that? Also is the golf club software compatible?

Thanks!
    PM me your email address and I'll help you out.

Putter cartrydge is on a distinguished road
    Done thank you. Did most of you go directly through foresight for your purchase or through a reseller?

Albatross mthunt is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by cartrydge View Post
    Done thank you. Did most of you go directly through foresight for your purchase or through a reseller?

Bought mine from Foresight Canada

7 Iron Yongchai is on a distinguished road
    Are they not promoting their own software (FSX)?

Test it out before purchasing (http://forum.ottawagolf.com/showthre...X-alpha-review)

Download the Creative golf demo to see if you like the graphics. Can be run without the GC2 plugged in.

http://www.par2pro.com/shop/product_...roducts_id=245

7 Iron drcabral is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Yongchai View Post
    Are they not promoting their own software (FSX)?

Test it out before purchasing (http://forum.ottawagolf.com/showthre...X-alpha-review)

Download the Creative golf demo to see if you like the graphics. Can be run without the GC2 plugged in.

http://www.par2pro.com/shop/product_...roducts_id=245
    I have a GC2 and wouldn't purchase any of there software. If ur fitting, then get the driving range and one course. Here's the deal, just because one makes a good hardware unit for ball flight doesn't entitle them to have complete propriety over software. 'The Golf Club' software is being released in 2 weeks, you should just purchase that. better graphics with unlimited courses, plus it is backed by HB Studios, who know something about 3D gaming and simulation. I suspect Foresight knows very little about golf simulation although they would like to capture this market. Why else would they release an incomplete product (FSX) and keep pushing the release date for the final product back. Most software developers know better than to make promises they can't keep or fulfill in a timely manner. 'The Golf Club' will surely be the game changer for online sim play. Just because you buy a Microsoft computer doesn't mean you should exclusively use their software and the same applies to Foresight. Plus, their courses are way overpriced.

7 Iron Yongchai is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by drcabral View Post
    I have a GC2 and wouldn't purchase any of there software. If ur fitting, then get the driving range and one course. Here's the deal, just because one makes a good hardware unit for ball flight doesn't entitle them to have complete propriety over software. 'The Golf Club' software is being released in 2 weeks, you should just purchase that. better graphics with unlimited courses, plus it is backed by HB Studios, who know something about 3D gaming and simulation. I suspect Foresight knows very little about golf simulation although they would like to capture this market. Why else would they release an incomplete product (FSX) and keep pushing the release date for the final product back. Most software developers know better than to make promises they can't keep or fulfill in a timely manner. 'The Golf Club' will surely be the game changer for online sim play. Just because you buy a Microsoft computer doesn't mean you should exclusively use their software and the same applies to Foresight. Plus, their courses are way overpriced.
    <br />
    <br />

Well i think you're right, unfortunately like u said "they have complete proprietary over software" so i don't think buying 'The Golf Club' is going to be any use.

I think you can get pretty good milage out of the demo. I used to set up 8 players at a par 3 and whenever i'm done just click 'restart hole', to practice that same yardage. (U can also adjust tees to practice different distances.) There are like 3-4 par 3s that u can do this on.

7 Iron drcabral is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Yongchai View Post
    <br />
    <br />

Well i think you're right, unfortunately like u said "they have complete proprietary over software" so i don't think buying 'The Golf Club' is going to be any use.

I think you can get pretty good milage out of the demo. I used to set up 8 players at a par 3 and whenever i'm done just click 'restart hole', to practice that same yardage. (U can also adjust tees to practice different distances.) There are like 3-4 par 3s that u can do this on.
    They don't have complete control and it is questionable if they legally can. You can use GSX with Protee 2.0 and receive 90+ courses. Additionally, u get online play with other GC2 and protee owners. Lastly, when THE GOLF CLUB comes out Protee will give up that as well, for Free!!!

So weigh the options
    1)5 courses through foresight vs 90+ courses with online play through protee. Both using redchain and exact same graphics and similar price point.
    2) Wait and purchase FSX through forsight and get 1 course per month for who knows how much vs wait for TGC in 2 weeks and get unlimited couses, with online play with protee and GC2 users, and ability to make ur own couses.

It's a no brainier for IMHO. Make sure u do ur research which ever way u go through 'g0lfsimulatorforum.com', go under GC2.

FIGHT THE MACHINE
    Last edited by drcabral; 11-12-2014 at 12:59 PM.

Lob Wedge sprigs is on a distinguished road
    When playing TGC with Gc2, does the ball start from the point of impact on screen or does it start from the bottom?

I too am trying to decide which or both software purchases

Albatross HoganWoods is on a distinguished road HoganWoods's Avatar
    When it relates to GC2 usage with Protee, please use PMs to disperse the information guys and not a common thread.

Thread Information