CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
    Out of Bounds orangeTANG is on a distinguished road

Rogers Extreme Internet Pricing

I don't want to make this thread into a Rogers hate thread (I don't think the servers have enough storage space available) but I did want to share something with other members on this forum that may be paying more for less.

I got a reminder last week that I was at 75% usage on my Rogers Extreme Internet. This is the 38Mb/3Mb service with 120GB cap. My wife has recently discovered Netflix so I can understand why I approached my limit. I went to Rogers site to find out what adding additional data usage would cost and i found out Rogers has changed their plans, and for the same $69.99 existing Rogers customers were paying for the 38/3Mb service, with 120Gb cap you now get 60/10Mb service for the same price... HOWEVER, here's the big deal, the modem rental is included! This makes the new, faster service actually $8 / month cheaper than Rogers Extreme Internet.

I spoke to Rogers, the quickly updated my account. I did have to swap out my modem at Rogers to get those increased speeds but they had it there waiting for me.

I know many have moved to Teksavvy or other places but for those of us still using Rogers I wanted to spread the word.

Golf Nut sabzor is on a distinguished road
    This is the Hybrid Fibe internet?

I'm in the same situation

Ya I believe that's what thy call it on their website now. Its the $69.99 plan which was the same as what they used to call Extreme.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    for the record, I have their extreme package, get a free modem rental and pay less than the list price all from a little "negotiation"
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

I'm pretty much the same, I get 50% off internet, but I do rent the modem. That discount carried forward with the new package. I'm still saving the price of the modem and getting faster service.

9 Iron rajah is on a distinguished road
    Teksavvy is cheaper but you get what you pay. Expect the service to be down for 3-4 days and once it was down for 7 days. Moved back to Rogers.

Scratch Player Gobble_It is on a distinguished road Gobble_It's Avatar
    I have TS and very happy with the service..for 30$ less, and 180Gb more than what Rogers has offered me when I switched. I asked the Rogers guy if they would match the price, they said no...

Bought a used modem for 40$...works like a charm and has never been down since I moved to TS. I guess it depends on where you are in the city.

Rogers modems (Cisco) are the worst ..I have to replaced them 3 times during my subscription with them a couple of years ago....

Thread Information