CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
    Putter kojtl1000s is on a distinguished road

Finish on HQ2-Raw Impact Screen Material

I am looking to buy the HQ2-Raw Impact screen material as this seems to be getting the best reviews regarding doubling as a movie screen with regards to image quality and golf impact screen.
    My budget unfortunately is not unlimited, so this is why I am looking into getting the material to finish the screen myself (10'x13'). But I have to see first if it would be feasable for me to do so.
    Are there any of you who finished the screen yourselves? If so, how hard was it? And did you use a sewing machine or can this be done by hand? I do not have the use of a sewing machine.
    It would be great if someone could post some detailed pictures of the finish of the screen edges so I would have some examples to do this myself.
    And also does anyone have some example pictures of frames that they have build (with bungees)? I have to make this screen mobile since I should be able to move the screen in the near future to another location.

Thanks a lot for your help.

1 Iron AJA is on a distinguished road
    I wouldn't suggest this as a do-it-yourself project. I have this same material and it is currently with a professional seamstress who will finish it using special thread and a professional sewing machine.

The material is prone to unravelling and considering the cost of purchasing it in the first place, don't jeopardize the results it with attempting to DIY it.

My spouse has a sewing machine, and is a capable seamstress in her own right, but she sent me straight away to get the job done professionally.

You should actually be asking Cory at Par2Pro if what you're suggesting is advisable. I think he will tell you something similar to what I've just written.

Quote Originally Posted by AJA View Post
    You should actually be asking Cory at Par2Pro if what you're suggesting is advisable. I think he will tell you something similar to what I've just written.
    Thank you for your reply. I actually did ask Cory and he referred me to this forum for additional information.

Can you tell me what you pay the professional seamstress approximately for the finishing of the edges?

Thanks again.

1 Iron AJA is on a distinguished road
    My price won't be comparable to that in your area. Best to check locally. It shouldn't break the bank.

7 Wood Msuzippy is on a distinguished road
    I wrote up a detailed post with pics on how I finished my HQ2 over at the other forum. Unfortunately, the board moderator here won't let us post links to that forum. Google around and you should find the site.

Albatross HoganWoods is on a distinguished road HoganWoods's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Msuzippy View Post
    I wrote up a detailed post with pics on how I finished my HQ2 over at the other forum. Unfortunately, the board moderator here won't let us post links to that forum. Google around and you should find the site.
    I'll also add that it's very dooable yourself if you have a decent enough sewing machine. By hand though, I don't think so. If money is no issue then do it professionally but I heard it's not cheap.

Thanks for all the info. I've been busy googling for the thread in the other forum, but no luck. Any more keywords I can use to try to find the thread?

9 Iron bionicbooger is on a distinguished road bionicbooger's Avatar
    Hi kojt

Golf Simulator Guys sell the best screen on the market. We take the standard mesh fabric that most companies use and then place what we call an HD overlay on the top of it to give it superior picture quality. The standard mesh fabrics are like football jerseys. They don't hold a picture well at all. The HD overlay is a tightly woven fabric much like clothing. This produces the best picture quality on the market. It is the closest you will get to a projector screen image.

Then our tension screen system keeps the screen tight unlike a hanging screen. It is amazing that people invest so much in sims and projectors and use a hanging screen design and inferior screen material.

We can put you in just the material or we can customize a DIY screen frame to keep your cost down. Here is a link to golf simulator guys video page where you can see a video just on the impact screen fabric: http://www.golfsimulatorguys.com/pages/video

hd golf impact screen fabric.jpg golf simulator impact screen.jpg
    Last edited by bionicbooger; 10-29-2014 at 09:46 PM.

Lob Wedge gprince66 is on a distinguished road
    like AJA mentioned the material tends to unravel until it is hemmed. I followed this video and my hem turned out great. If you decide to do it yourself just practice on scraps and you'll have no problems.

Thread Information