100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Caddy golfun is on a distinguished road

Golf Achiever 2 Simulator for only $1795

After hearing on hear I contacted the company.
    For $1795 and Free Shipping (30day special) you get:
    • GAII Sim unit
    • Own Simulator software with 45+ courses
    • GA Video Analysis Software
    • Accessories: USB SimKey, triangle leg with clamp, USB to serial cable, AC power adapter, and tees

You need to build your own stance platform tho.

It seems like a good deal....

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Go for it. Have fun and keep us posted.

8 Iron DFDubb is on a distinguished road
    I have the GAII and am curious how it would work with a homemade platform if they haven't changed the laser system a bit. I'll attach some pics as I have the entire setup. The laser base actually fits in a very specific part of the hitting base that is molded for it so the angle is exact. There are also turf pieces and a metal protector piece that sits right on top of it to protect the laser, but still allows the field to go through it. Seems like it could be difficult to get it all right as a DIY product. I do understand though because their entire hitting mat setup with the thick rubber bases probably weighs about 100-150 lbs all together and is super expensive to ship.

The pics are all turned around, but you get the idea. Stupid iphone.
    Attached Images

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar

9 Iron bionicbooger is on a distinguished road bionicbooger's Avatar
    DFDubb

How do you like it? Are the graphics any good?

Pros?/Cons?

This is just a copy/paste from this subject coming up in the SkyTrak thread. Let me know if you have any specific questions. I'd be happy to give my input.

"I currently have the GA II with SIM platform/software. I've also owned a GC2 in the past. I "downgraded" when I moved onto the golf course and started really only using the SIM when friends were over. I can't speak for the skytrak obviously, but can answer any questions you have. I've never had a problem with it or experienced any "break downs." The lasers do have to be adjusted from time to time, but after you do it once, it can be done in less than 10 mins. I can't remember what I paid for mine, around 2300 I think which included everything and 10 golf courses. I bought it used obviously. IMO you get a lot for your money. Club data is deadly accurate and ball data is reliable and accurate enough. It estimates spin, but launch angle, ball speed, etc...is measured. The only time I feel the ball data is a little off is if you were to crank out a massive hook/slice it doesn't penalize you enough. I'm a low single digit hcp so that isn't really a problem I have. Putting is a joke, but I feel that about all SIM putting. Soft chips seem good, but I probably am not a good judge as I feel anything inside of 50 yards on the SIM is more like a video game and less like golf.

Let me know if you have any questions, I'm probably one of the few on here that have any time on it."

9 Iron bionicbooger is on a distinguished road bionicbooger's Avatar
    Thanks

Great information

Putter bwatkinson01 is on a distinguished road
    Golfun, If you go to Ebay (http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-GolfAchi...item2343c0820e) they have a complete system with hitting mat for $2595. They also have just the laser part for sale on Ebay as well.

1 Iron FaultyClubs is on a distinguished road
    The GA-X system at $1295 appears to be a better option. Seems like one gets quite a bit for the price, especially if they measure everything and the accuracy is as they claim. Even has included video analysis. Surprised people aren't all over this compared to Optishot/P3 Pro systems.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-GolfAchi...60545038&rt=nc

Caddy golfun is on a distinguished road
    Just saw that! It's a absolute steal at that price it seems...

What does the X read tho???

Putter Sonax is on a distinguished road
    DFDubb,

I plan to go for a GAII. My primary concern is if its good enough to train carry lenghts with differents clubs, say 7-SW. Does it work for that?

Yeah it is certainly accurate enough when it comes to carry distance. With that said, like any other launch monitor, I wouldn't become dependent on those numbers. There is a big difference hitting balls inside with no wind, perfect temp, etc...With the GAII I'm within 5 yards in either direction of what I was accustomed to on the GC2.

To expand, the one parameter that is estimated is spin. For "normal" golf shots it is fine, but if you're trying to work on getting short irons to check hard, it's not going to help with that.

Ok, I can get a GAII with 20 courses for 1300$ including mat but no computer. I Dont care about online gaming, But I care for accuracy, is it the one??

I read what you said about 50 and in, do you think that chipping and putting is of no use with this unit, and if so, why?

Thanx for your answer, Golf sim is a djungle

Quote Originally Posted by FaultyClubs View Post
    The GA-X system at $1295 appears to be a better option. Seems like one gets quite a bit for the price, especially if they measure everything and the accuracy is as they claim. Even has included video analysis. Surprised people aren't all over this compared to Optishot/P3 Pro systems.

I think it is about the history, it seen like gurus like Bubba and Zmax wont touch it because it was so expensive just a few years ago. Today it sens like its the same price as optishot (included all GA courses). I have made my research last month, and to me it sens like a very good option if you Dont care about online gaming. I also spoke to the maker if the courses and he said that they dont do any work for Folcatron in a few years. So you should not expect any new courses

Quote Originally Posted by Sonax View Post
    I think it is about the history, it seen like gurus like Bubba and Zmax wont touch it because it was so expensive just a few years ago. Today it sens like its the same price as optishot (included all GA courses). I have made my research last month, and to me it sens like a very good option if you Dont care about online gaming. I also spoke to the maker if the courses and he said that they dont do any work for Folcatron in a few years. So you should not expect any new courses
    Seems....iPhone...

5 Iron skyeoh is on a distinguished road
    Are both GA-X and GA-II golf simulators? If they are what are the pros and cons?
    Seems like GA- II is a lot more compact, portable, neater and does not have the overhead laser mounting need....

Quote Originally Posted by Sonax View Post
    I read what you said about 50 and in, do you think that chipping and putting is of no use with this unit, and if so, why?

Thanx for your answer, Golf sim is a djungle
    Chipping and putting is fine, I just feel that anything around the green is hokey on any SIM. What makes a short game challenging are the various lies you get when you miss a green. SIMs just cannot replicate that at all IMO. As for putting, I just won't do it on a SIM. I've spent the last year really focusing on improving my putting and don't want to shake anything up.

Edit: the chipping seems pretty spot on as long as you aren't trying to put a ton of spin on it. What I don't like is that at a certain distance, the software changes the unit of measure from yards to feet and that throws me off. I'd rather it say 13 yards than 39 feet.

Quote Originally Posted by FaultyClubs View Post

The reason people haven't been all over it is because it has been a very expensive system in the past. They just recently slashed the price (to compete with SkyTrak or going out of biz, who knows). It's a good system and at the new price, if I had the opti or p3, I'd upgrade immediately. It's not even in the same category as those.

Quote Originally Posted by DFDubb View Post
    The reason people haven't been all over it is because it has been a very expensive system in the past. They just recently slashed the price (to compete with SkyTrak or going out of biz, who knows). It's a good system and at the new price, if I had the opti or p3, I'd upgrade immediately. It's not even in the same category as those.
    Love to hear what you say, havent been able to get info from a real user....off I go! Thanx again !

Quote Originally Posted by skyeoh View Post
    Are both GA-X and GA-II golf simulators? If they are what are the pros and cons?
    Seems like GA- II is a lot more compact, portable, neater and does not have the overhead laser mounting need....
    Its the same but X have the laser in the roof. I havent read any reviews of it, I think its kind if new and not so much in the market.....but I guess the third version wont be worse than the second, but its just a guess

Putter Petroche is on a distinguished road
    This is my conversation with sales re. GA :-

Hi, I am very interested in the GA-X simulator that you have on sale on EBay. I understand that it would probably be impractical (Expensive) to ship the stance and hitting mat, (I’m in Canada) therefore, could you please tell me if it is practical to incorporate the floor sensor into a mat that could be purchased from a different supplier, or would a platform have to be constructed to incorporate the floor sensor.

Thank you for your interest in the GolfAchiever product line. GolfAchiever’s laser technology provides unparalleled accuracy and precision in the measurement and reporting of all significant ball flight and golf swing data.

We have only launched GA-X systems in Asia and are planning to launch GA-X in North America in early 2015. The GA-X systems being sold on Ebay are from a qualified GolfAchiever reseller in Taiwan. I believe if a GA-X unit is ordered on Ebay, it may take about 30 days for the unit to be delivered.

The GA-X floor sensor can be used with your own hitting mat solution. We recommend the hitting mat be at least 1.5” height. Please let me know if you have more questions regarding a custom GA-X setup.

Below are details for our most popular and standard package, a GAII Sim Set on sale for $2,595K USD. We are currently offering free shipping for GAII Sim Set packages within North America – this is a temporary promotion only valid in 2014.

GAII Sim Set Package - $2,595K USD
    • GAII Sim unit
    • Platform Set
    • Own Simulator software with 45+ courses
    • GA Video Analysis Software
    · Accessories: USB SimKey, triangle leg with clamp, USB to serial cable, AC power adapter, and tees
    • Free Shipping within North America

This GolfAchiever system is not sold with the following needed items: A safe solution to stop the ball (net or cage), a solution to show ball flight (computer monitor, LCD monitor, or projector), and a computer with a gaming graphics card. Please also note a real golf ball and club are needed for accurate results. Below are the recommended computer specifications.

Recommended Computer Specs for Simulator Software
    Operating System: Windows Vista, 7, 8 (32 or 64 bit)
    Computer: 2 Ghz Intel Pentium 4
    Memory: 4 GB RAM
    Video Card: NVIDIA 9400 GT or higher (1GB of RAM recommended)
    Hard Disk Drive: 20 GB
    DVD Drive
    At least 3 USB ports
    Digital Video Camera if using Video Analysis Software
    If there is enough room to swing a club, then there is enough room for a GAII Sim unit. Please note all the sensors are located in the hitting area. No special golf balls or clubs are needed. GolfAchiever products include lifetime support which include communication by phone or email. For more information about our systems, please reference the following video link created by one of our customers, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thMXKBOBXtA.

Do you hit the ball off a fixed spot on the mat? I guess that is the only way one can calculate the launch angle.......
    This looks like a more exciting unit that the P3ProSwing or OptiShot.

Putter sdak is on a distinguished road
    Anymore unbiased feedback? I realize we are not talking ProTee or GC2 but, someone must have some input. This appears to be a great upgrade option to Optishot or P3Pro. (I have both). What I personally am looking for is:
    1. Ease of set up and use= hardware and software.
    2. Better (not perfect) club and ball feedback.
    3. Decent graphics and simulator play.
    4. Cost.
    I do not care about online play and I do not want to spend thousands of $$$. Is the GA X or GAII a good option?

Yes you hit off of a fixed spot on the mat. That spot can be changed in the settings if desired. If using their mats, it's marked.

Sdak, seems like a good fit and meets your req's, but I'm guessing you're implying my opinion is biased. Not tons of these floating around in North America so not sure if others can/will chime in.

Putter bwatkinson01 is on a distinguished road
    I went ahead and purchased the GA II and according to UPS it should arrive on Friday(two weeks from the day I ordered it). Once I get things setup and figure it out I'll try to add some information on the good, bad and ugly of the system. I finished setting up my hitting cage last night. Living in Pittsburgh the golf season is just about, if not, finished for the year.
    Skyeoh, according to some of the documentation that I downloaded from the GA site, there are predetermined hitting areas, and heights, but you can configure the system to change them from the default settings. You will want to do this so that the system can calculate the information correctly.
    I was actually holding off in hopes that the Skytrak system would be really good (and it eventually might be). But I didn't want to wait for it to finally come out and then wait again for their to be courses to play (plus having to buy an iPad). That product roll out would make a good Harvard Business School case study on how not to roll out a new product.

Bwat brings up a point I might have missed. You hit off of a specific location and height when hitting off of a tee. These settings can be configured in the SW. With their hitting mat, the semi-permanent tee was very close to where you hit the ball from on iron shots. I got tees that could be placed on top of the turf and changed the heights in the SW which worked fine. I eventually just got tired of fetching tees and bending over and started hitting 3wood off the deck and took driver out of the bag in the software. The unintended outcome of this has been added confidence on long par 5s as driver is not something I've had many struggles with.

But if using their mats and default settings, having a tee sticking up so close to the iron spot was something I didn't care for, but can be changed.

Thanks guys. I like the over GA-II more than the new GA-X simply because I don't need to fiddle around with the sensors on the ceiling everything it is off calibration. The one piece unit seems more practical but I am sure there is a reason why they switch the design but I have yet seen or read anything on it. Looking forward to someone writing a review.

What I like about the GA vs P3ProSwing or Optishot is the clean hitting mat vs sensor slots with the latter design. I am not perfect and occasional hit it fat and bet I will rip the turf off the sensor slots.......and hurt my pocket for a new turf! If it was a clean flat turf all it will do is hurt is my elbows and ego

Pitching Wedge DeaconBlooze is on a distinguished road
    I'm thinking about upgrading my P3, but I'm pretty torn. Is Golf Achiever coming up or going down? I'm nervous about support if it's a company that's headed down. 40 courses seems like quite a lot, but I hope that some of these will start to trend towards things like integration with The Golf Club.

I'm interested to see what the new guys think of their units.

I'm unclear by the ebay listing, it says it doesn't come with a mat... Is that mat that's pictured large enough to stand on, or will you need to surround it with an additional stance mat?

Thread Information