100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Indoor putting

Sunster

Indoor putting

Can anyone recommend a good value for money indoor putting green? Seems to be a range of them in golftown and ebay but just seeing if anyone here has much experience of setting something like this up for the winter

7 Iron Tee made is on a distinguished road Tee made's Avatar
    I ordered a Big Moss Augusta a few years ago and have been really happy with it. Very solid quality. Got it at a slight discount so it was around ~200 but it looks like it did the day I got it and has been trampled all over. Stimp runs pretty comparable to most courses, not like the crazy fast shaved down turf at golftown. Longest putt is around 9 feet and you can build in break by putting whatever you want underneath. They have lots of options/configurations but I can attest that it is a well built product.

Consistently present SnazzyD is on a distinguished road
    There is a particular 8x6 fuzzy, felt-like carpet that Home Depot carries for $24.99. It putts very nice on top of carpet - not sure what it would be like on hardwood, etc. but some cheap foam underpadding would do the trick I'd think.

Anyway, I have one of them and really like it - plus it looks way better than the ones they use at Golftown and it feels nice and soft, which is amazing considering it's made from recycled plastic bottles.

If my local store hadn't sold out of them, I was considering getting a second and trying to stitch/carpet tape them together to make either an 8x12 or a 6x16 surface. Don't really have the space though, so this is a nice compromise. Just don't tell all your playing partners that you have something like this at home, or they won't let you live down any missed putts within 5 feet

Putter nunzo is on a distinguished road
    I placed an order with Big Moss nearly 2 weeks ago. My order is still "processing" I have tried to contact them about it and they haven't gotten back to me. From reviews the product is excellent but the customer service is definitely lacking.

Lob Wedge sprigs is on a distinguished road
    Hey Snazzy,

Could you provide a link or actual name of the home depot turf your using?

Thanks

Sunster
    Thanks for the tips guys. Just looked it up

Consistently present SnazzyD is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by sprigs View Post
    Hey Snazzy,
    Could you provide a link or actual name of the home depot turf your using?
    Thanks
    I tried looking it up on the HD website but couldn't find it, and my local store is now sold out. I did keep the label thinking I might want to order another one or two online someday, and hopefully the missus left it on the heap I carefully placed it on downstairs...a few months ago (ahem).

Will check for that and update again...

Sand Wedge coreyhr is on a distinguished road coreyhr's Avatar
    I've been really pleased with the Birdie Ball green so far. I built a platform for it. Mine is 4' x 18'. Not sure what kind of money you're looking to spend, but I feel like the Birdie Ball is a really good value for the size you get. The whole setup including the wood was just under $300. Not bad for a 4ft x 18ft green. I've included a couple pics of my setup.
    photo 1.jpgphoto 2.jpg

Pitching Wedge DeaconBlooze is on a distinguished road
    I just put the Starpro 12x4 on my xmas list, after a lot of research.

I was quite interested in the Big Moss greens. I ultimately (..I'm still interested in other opinions) decided that I'd rather have a flat green instead of an uphill but. I thought that maybe I'd have some creativity to create some unique putts by making my undulations for uphill, downhill, and breaks.

I really thought about the Competitor Pro TW. It was a Big Moss with 3 holes, one regulation and two small, on each end. I was disappointed by the lack of information. Does this green break towards one end? Maybe even both ends to allow for the depth of the holes (as seems to be normal for Big Moss greens)?

I have a pool table to contend with. I want to double the space I have there, use as a putting green without disrupting a pool stance. For that purpose, many greens were ruled out. These greens are also quite expensive, but they're quite impressive, in my opinion:

Extreme Green: http://www.sportsentertainmentspecia.../ExtremeGreen/

The ONLY Green: http://www.theonlygreen.com/

Both of those are quite intriguing to me. They're also quite expensive, and add some bulky hard to move items to my space. My plan is to use a less intrusive green for practice in my basement, and use a sim in the garage to groove a more consistent full swing.

Par Kball is on a distinguished road
    I have a green from Pro Putt systems - expensive - but very nice. I use it outside in the summer and inside in the winter. You can purchase just the turf and not the panels - which reduces the cost significantly. The turf on carpet is not bad. I am sure you could build a platform out of wood. The turf is very good.

Thread Information