100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    1 Iron Bouboude is on a distinguished road

One Week Until Myrtle Beach

Will be in Myrtle starting November 2nd for 6 days. Courses this year will be The Pearl both courses, Brunswick Plantation, River Oaks, and Rivers Edge any input on these courses would be greatly appreciated. Crow Creek was on the original schedule switched for River Oaks because over seeding is taking place that week(cart path only)

Gotta Post Break68 is on a distinguished road Break68's Avatar
    Brunswick Plantation is a joke we played it last year. They have 10 feet of rough then houses. I almost had a heart attack when I sliced my drive on the 3rd hole and it hit the roof of a house. All the houses on this course have huge windows all facing the course. Be very careful. Every fairway is lined on both sides by houses within 10 to 20 feet of the edge of the fairway. The course condition was very average to below average for a Myrtle Beach course. I hated this course and no one in our group liked it.
    That was the bad, now the good...
    Pearl East and West are spectacular, we only played the East last year and it is a very nice course, very well maintained and the staff are great to deal with. We will be playing there again in 2015.
    Now if you can play Carolina National you are in for a treat, by far the best course we played down there, we played 36 holes in 1 day there. I would play nothing but Pearl both courses and Carolina National if I could.
    We tried to play the Grand Dunes and TPC Myrtle but they were both fully booked that week last spring.
    Obviously you're not a golfer.

Moderator Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 BogeyGolf is on a distinguished road BogeyGolf's Avatar
    I don't mean to hijack a thread, but I was looking to go to Myrtle Beach in Feb/March 2015, but there are no options or packages for single golfers...accommodations & green fees together....everything is based on double occupancy, or quads....have you heard of anything for single golfers....???

Bogey I was in Myrtle last March playing mostly as a single and 2 games as a twosome all my rounds I booked last minute(48 hours or less) at the PGA Superstore. At the entrance to the store you will find a booth that can set you up. Value was amazing. Courses I played are considered mid tier. The real high end ones do not discount as much. Also if you are going in March consider afternoon rounds because you will have an extra hour of daylight and also cheaper rates. Any other questions just ask. Break thanks for the heads up on the courses. I am not the organizer so we will play those courses but it is ok because we are trying to play all the different courses in Myrtle.

Gotta Post Break68 is on a distinguished road Break68's Avatar
    Also try www.golfnow.com when you are there.
    And yes the PGA Superstore tee time counter in the store lobby is a very good place to get discounted tee times.
    Obviously you're not a golfer.

Ace Felix is on a distinguished road Felix's Avatar
    River Oaks and Brunswick 2 of the worst courses down there. Your buddy must have gotten a good deal if your playing those 2. Others which are much better are River Hills, The Witch, the Wizard, Possum Trott ( not great but better then those 2 ) Oyster Bay Tradition all the CAT courses. Get your buddy to make some changes IMHO

Thanks Felix for the advice. He got a good deal because we are all getting $150 to spend at these courses. Most of our group are easy going and some are not real golfers but trip organizer and I know that those two courses are low budget. He new he was in trouble when he got word that Crow Creek was cpo and other courses on this package are not good or cpo except for Cape Fear National up in Wilmington and I guess he decided it was to far away. I have played all courses you listed and all of them I had no problem with. This time of year the Cats are out because of over seeding first week of November. We did it one year but it is a pain in the ass to be cpo all week plus we have some older guys with health issues.

Major Poster EDSGOLF is on a distinguished road
    I would suggest switching River Oaks and/or Brunswick Plantation for Founder's Club @ Pawley's Island, Crow Creek, Cape Fear National or Carolina National. All of these these courses cost a few dollars more, but worth it. And the courses I mentioned will not affect your $150 gift card, you will still get the $150 card.
    http://www.EatDrinkSleepGolf.com
    Myrtle Beach Golf

Thread Information