CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    bkcorwin

how narrow can a room be for only righties? (gc2/skytrack)

I was curious, if I make it right hander only, how narrow could you make a room? I'd be putting the system into my garage and will have a wall to facing me in my stance and open space to my rear. Can I put the system right up against the wall? EG hit a ball from only a foot or two away from the wall? My plan is not to use a projector but to just use a TV mounted on a nearby wall.

Trying to think if I am missing anything that makes it so this wont work?

Thanks
    Brian

Ba2
    Skytrak can be out next to the wall. I believe GC2 also can be placed in a similar manner.

It is a safety hazard though. If you have a push shot your ball will bounce from the wall and it won't be pleasant.

Albatross mthunt is on a distinguished road
    If the GC2 is against the wall, the ball will still be 2 or 3 feet from the wall. You need 7-8 feet from the wall behind to the ball. The Skytrak is 8 inches from the ball and smaller than a GC2 so the ball will likely be 1 foot from the wall and you may feel too close to the wall. I'd say 11 feet is safe with GC2 and maybe 10 with Skytrak. Any less and you'll feel like the walls are closing in on you. I think if you hit it off the wall, it'll bounce into your screen so I wouldn't worry about that.

9 Iron bionicbooger is on a distinguished road bionicbooger's Avatar

Garage setup pic

Hi bk

This is Bret from Golfsimulatoguys.com. mthunt is correct. Without a sim at all you need about 6'6" to swing a golf club. Add about 18" for the launch monitor. What I'm curious about is the fact that you are considering a fairly large investment in the GC2 and then you are going to run it to a TV. You definitely won't get the full experience without a mat/screen/projector package. Attached is a pic of a custom garage setup in a 10' wide area and a custom set up in a 9' wide area. We at golfsimulatorguys.com can customize an awesome mat/screen/projector set up to fit any area. Also, we just agreed to begin selling the GC2 and we will be selling the Skytrak at launch in Nov.

DSC02092.jpg

IMG_1833.jpg

Feel free to give us a call and we can customize a package for you.
    317 626 0660

Cheers

Thread Information