CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    BaDvs3viL
    Quote Originally Posted by golfun View Post
    Just tried the new update. The software seems really nice! Stuff just seems more responsive and definitely aesthetically better looking. I would like to see how the ball launch angle works now too.
    I have an older unit and it runs the new software fine? Didn't think it would.
    The older units are no longer supported by them but they still work fine from our testing.

5 Iron skyeoh is on a distinguished road
    Are you able to upgrade the older rubber top units with the commercial turf tops?
    P3 site doesn't have an upgrade option....

7 Wood wbond is on a distinguished road
    If you want to add turf, i would suggest to go with the one that jagmanjoe makes. Looks to be the best.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/SOFT-SHELL-O...item2343f99c55
    Quote Originally Posted by skyeoh View Post
    Are you able to upgrade the older rubber top units with the commercial turf tops?
    P3 site doesn't have an upgrade option....

Did this update only make changes to the virtual software portion? I didn't notice a difference in the regular software.

BaDvs3viL
    Quote Originally Posted by wbond View Post
    Did this update only make changes to the virtual software portion? I didn't notice a difference in the regular software.
    Correct, this makes the 2 software separate from each other. All of the features except the play back swing video was moved over to the virtual software.

Thanks for the reply. I have another question. While on the range in the virtual software, there are 4 green targets, how do you select to hit into the shorter one? In the options when you select the most difficult, it goes to the farthest one, then medium is about 190 or so, and then easy is about 160. I'm going from memory so i could be off some on the distances.
    Quote Originally Posted by BaDvs3viL View Post
    Correct, this makes the 2 software separate from each other. All of the features except the play back swing video was moved over to the virtual software.

BaDvs3viL
    Going live for an online tournament round.

http://www.twitch.tv/badvs3vil

BaDvs3viL
    Video is online already. I shot a +4 to open. Check out the amazing luckiness I got at the 40min mark...

http://www.twitch.tv/badvs3vil/b/585703213

BaDvs3viL
    Catman and I are playing Day 2 of the tournament and we are dual-streaming it.

Check it out!

http://multitwitch.tv/badvs3vil/catmanea

Caddy golfun is on a distinguished road
    Thanks for the reply. I have another question. While on the range in the virtual software, there are 4 green targets, how do you select to hit into the shorter one? In the options when you select the most difficult, it goes to the farthest one, then medium is about 190 or so, and then easy is about 160. I'm going from memory so i could be off some on the distances.

Ditto

BaDvs3viL
    Another big update today! P3 is pushing these out like crazy! We now can create and join online games from within the software itself without having to use the website! They have also created an in-software chat system for us to use! Along with a few other needed fixes!

Here is the list

7.005 (Public Release 11/13/2014):

- Changed Ball Flight Physics
    - Increases distance on some clubs
    - Reduces slice/hook on all clubs
    - Fix to license files that were causing issues with licensing the Ball Spin Trial and permanent licenses.
    - Set Tournament limitations for even playing field
    - Fixes to Auto Club select. Game will no longer provide Driver when not in bag (which would cause game to
    crash if a swing was taken with an invalid club)
    - Fixes to Auto Club Selection process
    - Woods will no longer be selected when in Rough or Bunkers (unless only clubs in bag)
    - Changed so swings taken when not within a game are not stored and used when entering game.
    - Added Online Lobby Chat
    - Added ability to create & join online games from within the software.
    - Games joined from within the software now display on P3 Live. (Previously if you joined a game within the software and did not join on P3 Live, the scorecard would not be available).

Pitching Wedge DeaconBlooze is on a distinguished road
    That's awesome!

I wonder what the specifics are to the new ball flight model?

Less hook/slice.. is that in the interest of making the game more forgiving, or more realistic?

My guess is they're working out the effect of spin on ball flight at this point.

BaDvs3viL
    Quote Originally Posted by DeaconBlooze View Post
    That's awesome!

I wonder what the specifics are to the new ball flight model?

Less hook/slice.. is that in the interest of making the game more forgiving, or more realistic?

My guess is they're working out the effect of spin on ball flight at this point.
    Exactly, they are working with us to make it more realistic!

So I'm assuming it was hooking and slicing to much then, based on what? Are they doing in house testing with a launch monitor or something and comparing it to get better results? Either way, i like that they are actively trying to improve this.

Ryder Cup Par2Pro is on a distinguished road Par2Pro's Avatar
    Hey All,

We just finished our testing / review videos on the new software - you can check them out here:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Par2ProVirtualGolf/videos

Hope that helps
    Cory

Thanks for posting those videos!

Do you have any comments on accuracy compared to some of the other methods out there? I didn't really notice much of a review.

Putter Homesim17 is on a distinguished road
    New user here. Just purchased the P3proswing. The PS3eye works perfectly in the old software but I can't get the windo to come up on the V7 software. It will pull up the internal laptop cam no problem. I can also open the PS3 eye with no problem on its own. I have windows 7 64bit.

Is anyone else having this issue with the new software? Thoughts?

Thanks

Yes, I had issues with the ps3eye, exavtly as you describe. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem that p3 supports cameras with such a high fps? That's at least what was speculated on this forum when I posed the same question..

I opened a ticket with p3 about the issue. They blame windows, even after I explained that the camera was recognized in windows fine, just not their software.

I ended up buying a Logitech c310, and that works well. If you find anything else out, please let us know.

Yes, I had issues with the ps3eye, exavtly as you describe. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem that p3 supports cameras with such a high fps? That's at least what was speculated on this forum when I posed the same question..

I opened a ticket with p3 about the issue. They blame windows, even after I explained that the camera was recognized in windows fine, just not their software.

I ended up buying a Logitech c310, and that works well. If you find anything else out, please let us know.
    Hmm interesting. Ok, I may have to grab another camera then. Like you said works fine in windows and in the old software.

9 Iron roach5539 is on a distinguished road
    You need to click customize before selecting driving range and then change the Pin Placement (Easy, Default or Hard). Easy, moves the target to around 160 yards. They really need to allow you to change the target while in the range.. But, this is how it is done today.

club tweaking

Is there a way to tweak club settings while on the range...without have to back all the way back out to edit player settings?

I just upgraded from the Optishot and it seems like user-friendly options like this were left out. Unless I'm just missing it.

Thanks

Do you know how to get to the closest one?
    Quote Originally Posted by roach5539 View Post
    You need to click customize before selecting driving range and then change the Pin Placement (Easy, Default or Hard). Easy, moves the target to around 160 yards. They really need to allow you to change the target while in the range.. But, this is how it is done today.

No. Obviously, you can move your tee location around using the mini map and change your hitting direction.. But, can't change what the system thinks is you target to that closer pin.. I am pretty sure this has been submitted to P3 as a feature request.. but may not be high on their list

Quote Originally Posted by Homesim17 View Post
    Is there a way to tweak club settings while on the range...without have to back all the way back out to edit player settings?

I just upgraded from the Optishot and it seems like user-friendly options like this were left out. Unless I'm just missing it.

Thanks
    Not that I know of.. I agree, it would be great to be able to adjust your club settings while on the range. Takes several clicks to go back and forth from the club editor to the range.

3 Wood Stonebattle is on a distinguished road
    wbond:

I tend to set the conditions for soft, normal dry and ignore the easy, default or hard settings. Once on the range, I use the mouse to see the distance to the green I want to hit to and then right click on the tee to set the distance to that green for the club I want to hit. I then use the arrow keys to target that green. One can see how close the ball comes. Not perfect, but not bad.

Ryder Cup Par2Pro is on a distinguished road Par2Pro's Avatar
    Thanks for posting those videos!

Do you have any comments on accuracy compared to some of the other methods out there? I didn't really notice much of a review.

Hey Deacon, sorry for the delayed reply as it is the craziest time of year!

The accuracy seems to be a bit better than it was before (with the new algorithms); however, it is still not as accurate as something that directly measures the launch angle of the ball as well as the club info or something that measure the spin (like the GC2, FlightScope, Trackman, etc.).

That being said I still feel that the system offers great value for someone in that price range looking for good club feedback along with entertainment (including being accurate enough to totally mess up your game )

Hope that helps, but feel free to email me at cory@par2pro.com.

Cheers,
    Cory

Caddy golfun is on a distinguished road
    What should be said too with great importance is if you CAN'T hit a real golf ball it limits your choices of which systems you can get, basically P3 and Opti to use foam balls with.

Thread Information