CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar

Shine Sleet Or Snow Shootout Saturday November 1st at Glen Mar

Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

5 Wood schlafer is on a distinguished road
    Carts included? How much $$ goes in to prize pool? Have emailed organizer twice, no response.

Moderator Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 BogeyGolf is on a distinguished road BogeyGolf's Avatar
    They are charging 0 dollars to golf. 90 goes to prize fund 10 goes to BBQ lunch. Cart not included. If you want to cart you pay extra for it. They plan to pay out top 6 teams. With 20 teams first place will be 2200.

From a different thread....

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    For those that participated, how was it?
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Hybrid jimmyc is on a distinguished road
    Great day - weather held. Was far from warm but dressed right it was not an issue.

Not overly impressed that they said 20 team min and went ahead with 11 but for a first year event, its understandable. Started really late with no frost. We were told via grapevine (no idea if true) that a teams 3rd was running late. So we all had to wait. Usual suspects were out in force and showed why they are the top tier golfers in our area. Winning score was -15 (2 tied - went to playoff) with 3rd tied at -13. Group we played with was -13 (we were a measly -5 and likely carded the only bogey all day). They were fun to play with, great to watch. All in I would recommend this if its on next year. Just a fun day from the front tees, something ive never done but likely will from time to time after playing in this.

I dont remember Glen mar being as nice as it was. I thought it was a mid tier at best course from memory. It was in fantastic shape with greens running. It will get some of my business next year.

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Who were on the teams that went to the playoff?
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyc View Post

I dont remember Glen mar being as nice as it was. I thought it was a mid tier at best course from memory. It was in fantastic shape with greens running. It will get some of my business next year.
    My thoughts exactly , it was quite a few years since I played this course , and I was very impressed with the conditions , I'll be out quite a few times next year , very pleasantly surprised
    At the end of the day ... It gets dark

I didn't know them by name but not McGee/Koski

There was no listing of who was actually in the tourney either. Lots of things to build on for next time though. I think all involved had a good time.

3 Wood wboudrea is on a distinguished road wboudrea's Avatar
    I can say for sure that you jimmyc did not make the only bogey as my group finished -3 with 3 (2 par 3s not in regulation and a bonehead hole where we all lost tee shots into a creek) of them. We knew we were not going to win any money overall but thought maybe a skin could happen...even made an eagle on our last hole to make it interesting but alas it was not meant to be. We all said we would play again but also that we will look out for some flighted versions of a tournament like this (if they exist) as it would be good to have a shot at the money.
    You miss 100% of the shots you don't take"-#99

I dont mind donating my cash to gauge where I am ( we are ). I had a great day with my buddies and paired with a 3 some that were great golfers but even better guys. With the forward tees and going over trees in places we took turns spotting for each other. My team was sorta pissed they didnt win. They played fantastic. Yhey made all their birds/eagles from great approaches. They were not as hot on green or they have been 18 under.

Thread Information