CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chieflongtee View Post
    I don't see why EG could not purchase memberships anymore, The courses would lose out on additional income.
    Your right Andre. I thought maybe it would be easier for golf courses to go with one discount club.

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar
    [QUOTE=Marcos;514812]
    RM is $1800 and taxes are not included
    http://www.reservationmasters.ca/pla...p-details.aspx

Don't know if RM is taxes in? also says unlimited play,no green fees? My understanding is that no fees up to 25.00 then you pay the aditional fee.
    Taxes out with RM but no mention of extra $ on courses over $25. The over $25 is with Golf extra
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Marcos View Post
    Your right Andre. I thought maybe it would be easier for golf courses to go with one discount club.
    We don't want a monoply
    Mahatma Gandhi

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    [QUOTE=Chieflongtee;514815]

Taxes out with RM but no mention of extra $ on courses over $25. The over $25 is with Golf extra
    If they dont have an additional,that would be fantastic for higher end courses,Stonebridge,Equinelle,Marshes etc... There is got to be a catch to this as it sounds to good to be true.

You being retired. You might want the 5 day platinum: $1350
    Mahatma Gandhi

Gap Wedge Chucker is on a distinguished road
    [QUOTE=Marcos;514817]

If they dont have an additional,that would be fantastic for higher end courses,Stonebridge,Equinelle,Marshes etc... There is got to be a catch to this as it sounds to good to be true.
    The RM Club Courses & Rates page has a column for Surcharge Prepaid*, with this at the bottom:

"* Surcharges only apply at the permium courses when you are using a prepaid round, or a platinum membership where green fees don't usually apply."

It applies at Equinelle, Meadows, Marshes, Outaouais & Stonebridge.

[QUOTE=Chucker;514819]

The RM Club Courses & Rates page has a column for Surcharge Prepaid*, with this at the bottom:

"* Surcharges only apply at the permium courses when you are using a prepaid round, or a platinum membership where green fees don't usually apply."

Thanks Chucker for the info.

[QUOTE=Chucker;514819]

You're right. Just saw it.
    http://www.ottawagolf.com/club/index.html

You're right Chucker. Just saw it
    http://www.ottawagolf.com/club/index.html
    Mahatma Gandhi

Driver Golfer100 is on a distinguished road
    I also will wait until the smoke clears to get a better picture.
    I couldn't agree more with "holding off". Golf Select and the partners have really botched this new venture. No early up-front $$$s from me until they sort this mess up. EG may be my only option. CG was perfect with Don and Glen, why kill the "goose that lays the golden eggs"????

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    Yeah i'm really hoping that this doesn't screw things up as a longtime CG member. Sounds like a ton more members with barely anymore spots at the higher end courses.

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Yeah i'm really hoping that this doesn't screw things up as a longtime CG member. Sounds like a ton more members with barely anymore spots at the higher end courses.
    I was thinking the same thing last night as I was posting---there have been quite a few good points put forward here---I hope someone is watching.
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

7 Iron sliceleft is on a distinguished road
    Could some computer wizard come up with an algorithm that will show me on one page the courses, prices, spots and booking options that will be available in 2015 to an RM member vs a GS member -- and also the number of members competing for those spots on the two platforms? (I know, I know " ... and a pony and a rocketship, too" -- but at some point it is going to have to be made clear)

If GS is an upgrade, does each of the three original clubs have its own block of tee times, and GS has some more of its own, or does each club just make all its tee times available to all GS members?

Right now, I have no idea what the (upgrade) product being sold actually is.

Driver Golfer100 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by sliceleft View Post
    Could some computer wizard come up with an algorithm that will show me on one page the courses, prices, spots and booking options that will be available in 2015 to an RM member vs a GS member -- and also the number of members competing for those spots on the two platforms? (I know, I know " ... and a pony and a rocketship, too" -- but at some point it is going to have to be made clear)

If GS is an upgrade, does each of the three original clubs have its own block of tee times, and GS has some more of its own, or does each
    club just make all its tee times available to all GS members?

Right now, I have no idea what the (upgrade) product being sold actually is.
    This is becoming a nightmare. What were these identities thinking before they launched this corporate amalgamation? Any B. Comm or MBA grad could have prepared a business plan and gone through a risk management process before this amalgamation saw the light of day. Remember when Coke changed the recipe….bad idea.

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    I'm sure the questions will all be answered in time gents. Algorythms??

Bogie Kak is on a distinguished road
    Gatineau ( the busiest course of the package) is now down to $26.on the Golf Extra site from $28. I guess my grievance and others was heard, it's a decent compromise.

Way Beyond Help rezadue is on a distinguished road rezadue's Avatar
    Wow! How confusing is this!!!

One glaring thing for me is that is all three outfits join and they still only have 8 spots at eQuinelle, booking there will be impossible. Unless I understood this incorrectly, as they say on Dragon's Den: For that reason, I am out!
    Proud member of the 2009 Ryder Cup winning team

As of now nothing comes close price wise:

Course Price CS Spots Other
    Algonquin $23 8 N/A
    Amberwood (9) $14 4 $19
    Amberwood (18) $18 4 N/A
    Arnprior $21 18 $24
    Bearbrook $16 8 $19
    Briar Fox $18 8 N/A
    Buckingham $21 20 $24
    Calabogie Highlands $16 8 N/A
    Camden Braes $18 8 N/A
    Casselview $25 16 $25
    Cedar Glen $16 4 $19
    Cedarhill $21 12 $25
    Champions Nest $16 8 N/A
    Champlain $21 28 $24
    Chateau Cartier $21 34 $24
    Chateau Montebello $39 16 N/A
    Copperdale $16 8 $19
    Crooked Creek $21 8 $24
    Dragonfly Links $21 8 $24
    Edelweiss $21 10 $24
    eQuinelle $39 8 $40
    Gatineau $28 48 $25
    Glengarry $16 4 N/A
    Hammond $21 16 $24
    Hawksbury $39 8 $24
    Heritage $35 10 n/a
    Irish Hills $16 16 $24
    Iroquois $18 4 $24
    Kingsway Park $18 12 $24
    La Cite $18 4 n/a
    Larrimac (9) $18 4
    Larrimac (18) $25 6 $24
    Les Vieux Moulins $18 16 $24
    Loch March $39 12 $40
    Lombard Glen $18 6 $24
    Madawaska $18 6 N/A
    Manderley $24 8 $24
    Mapleview $18 4 $24
    Marshes $45 20 $60
    Meadows $26 4 N/A
    Mississippi $29 8 N/A
    Mont Cascades $21 10 n/a
    Mont Ste Marie $29 8 N/A
    Mountain Creek $16 10 $19
    Nation $25 8 N/A
    Nation View $16 8 $24
    Oaks of Cobden $16 8 N/A
    Outaouais (walk) $29 6 $30
    Outaouais (cart) $39 12 N/A
    Pakenham Highlands $21 16 N/A
    Mahatma Gandhi

Golf Guru justsomeguy is on a distinguished road
    Well, I'm a B.Comm graduate and I think there is a very good reason for making the announcement ASAP. These discount clubs are an alternative to a club membership for a lot of people, and many of these people are making decisions NOW about a club membership for next year. Many golf clubs have just rolled out "Join now and play the rest of 2014 for free" promotions for new members, and will be sending out their "Pay now and save __% on your 2015 membership" renewal promotions to existing members soon. If your competition has already started marketing for next year, then the sooner you get started the better.

Before becoming a member at a club I was with RM for about 10 years. The club lineup and prices were never exactly the same from one year to the next, but I always had a pretty good idea on what I was getting into and happily renewed early to save a few $$$. But nothing was ever completely finalized until the spring, and you could always get a refund before the season started if you were really unhappy with any changes. So if you're already happy with RM, CG or Golf Xtra, then I'm not sure why you would suddenly be unhappy now.

Sand Wedge Duckhook81 is on a distinguished road
    As of now nothing comes close price wise:

Course Price CS Spots Other
    Algonquin $23 8 N/A
    Amberwood (9) $14 4 $19
    Amberwood (18) $18 4 N/A
    Arnprior $21 18 $24
    Bearbrook $16 8 $19
    Briar Fox $18 8 N/A
    Buckingham $21 20 $24
    Calabogie Highlands $16 8 N/A
    Camden Braes $18 8 N/A
    Casselview $25 16 $25
    Cedar Glen $16 4 $19
    Cedarhill $21 12 $25
    Champions Nest $16 8 N/A
    Champlain $21 28 $24
    Chateau Cartier $21 34 $24
    Chateau Montebello $39 16 N/A
    Copperdale $16 8 $19
    Crooked Creek $21 8 $24
    Dragonfly Links $21 8 $24
    Edelweiss $21 10 $24
    eQuinelle $39 8 $40
    Gatineau $28 48 $25
    Glengarry $16 4 N/A
    Hammond $21 16 $24
    Hawksbury $39 N/A[/FONT]
    some notes on this price analysis

Larrimac includes cart with golf select companies
    Hawkesbury includes cart with golf select companies
    Montebello is on the "others" list but it 55$ plus tax
    Falcon Ridge should be added to the Golf Select list shortly

Quote Originally Posted by Duckhook81 View Post

Question for Duckhook,:

You have a different price list than Golf Extra site?

Gatineau on Golf Extra site for Golf Select is $26. and for Montebello it's $39 plus taxes incl cart.

So Corp golf, Reservation and Golf Extra may have different prices? Is that what you are saying??

Quote Originally Posted by Kak View Post
    Question for Duckhook,:

You have a different price list than Golf Extra site?

Gatineau on Golf Extra site for Golf Select is $26. and for Montebello it's $39 plus taxes incl cart.

So Corp golf, Reservation and Golf Extra may have different prices? Is that what you are saying??
    Hi,

It's Golf Xtra ... I am a representative for them. www.golfxtra.ca

What you are stating is correct ... $26 for Gatineau and $39 for montebello ...
    I don't understand where the confusion is .. I simply stated that our competition charges 55$ at montebello.

Prices throughout all Golf Select companies are the same ... although sometimes throughout the year (especially fall and spring) there will be specials due to factors such as punching greens . etc...

Hi,

It's Golf Xtra ... I am a representative for them. www.golfxtra.ca

What you are stating is correct ... $26 for Gatineau and $39 for montebello ...
    I don't understand where the confusion is .. I simply stated that our competition charges 55$ at montebello.

Prices throughout all Golf Select companies are the same ... although sometimes throughout the year (especially fall and spring) there will be specials due to factors such as punching greens . etc...
    tks for the clarification.

I have the rest of it computed, I just shortened it because lack of space for the whole thing.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Putter RMGS is on a distinguished road
    ABOUT THE NEW ALLIANCE

The following is intended to help clear up any confusion about the new agreement between Corporate Golf, GolfXtra and Reservation Masters. Each company will continue to operate under their separate names but will have an affiliation with Golf Select, the umbrella company under which Corporate Golf, Golfxtra, and Reservation Masters have formed an agreement. With the new agreement, members will now have access to over 65 courses.

As individual companies we could not possibly purchase memberships at all of the courses. For example, Corporate Golf had to remove Mont Ste Marie from their list of member courses as the number of members playing at the course did not warrant having it on the program. With the new agreement, group purchasing power allows Corporate Golf members to once again have access to Mont Ste Marie.

We will continue to maintain the best ratio of memberships to members to any similar type program while offering more courses at the best rates. High demand courses close to the city will now have more memberships than before to ensure members have the same access as before. The best rates, more courses, and the best ratio of memberships to members to any similar type program... the choice seems obvious.

As with all important business decisions, we will work closely with our members to ensure a smooth transition process. As a member of Corporate Golf, GolfXtra, or Reservation Masters you can be assured of the same quality and value that you have come to expect.

Medalist cleek is on a distinguished road
    48 passes at Gatineau , 34 at Chateau Cartier yet only 8 at Equinelle? That will pose a problem with 3x the golfers vying for only 8 Eq passes
    Last edited by cleek; 10-23-2014 at 12:52 PM.

Medalist imozzie is on a distinguished road imozzie's Avatar
    Not quite sure why all the fuss? Join the club you like to start to achieve maximum pre-season benefit as you see fit. Once all of the GS details are worked out and published, pay the premium to upgrade or not. Seems pretty simple to me. And I, for one, will not be vying for whatever Equinelle spots there are at the end of the day...nice course but not in my personal top 10 courses list for my personal style and atmosphere of play. So, I am ok with hanging tight, buying my discount membership to whatever club and course selection best suits my needs and seeing how the stars further align come spring. As long as we can keep the bulk of our courses in the area profitable and our rates reasonable, I'll take whatever we end up with over Toronto, Kingston, Montreal, London offerings ANYDAY!!! I'd rather be enjoying the great Fall golf than worrying over this stuff...as golfers, we are overly spoiled as it is....IMHO
    "If profanity had any influence on the flight of the ball, the game of golf would be a lot easier than it is" - Horace Hutchinson (1903)

Quote Originally Posted by cleek View Post
    48 passes at Gatineau , 34 at Chateau Cartier yet only 8 at Equinelle? That will pose a problem with 3x the golfers vying for only 8 Eq passes
    eQuinelle has significantly lowered the total number of corporate memberships they are selling in 2015. All parties will be affected.

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by imozzie View Post
    Not quite sure why all the fuss? Join the club you like to start to achieve maximum pre-season benefit as you see fit. Once all of the GS details are worked out and published, pay the premium to upgrade or not. Seems pretty simple to me. And I, for one, will not be vying for whatever Equinelle spots there are at the end of the day...nice course but not in my personal top 10 courses list for my personal style and atmosphere of play. So, I am ok with hanging tight, buying my discount membership to whatever club and course selection best suits my needs and seeing how the stars further align come spring. As long as we can keep the bulk of our courses in the area profitable and our rates reasonable, I'll take whatever we end up with over Toronto, Kingston, Montreal, London offerings ANYDAY!!! I'd rather be enjoying the great Fall golf than worrying over this stuff...as golfers, we are overly spoiled as it is....IMHO
    Well put---I'll second that.
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by imozzie View Post
    well for those of us who like to play certain courses, which have limited spots, and now opening that to way more golfers will make those spots a lot tougher to get it is going to be harder to make a decision about spending my $ here.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffc View Post
    well for those of us who like to play certain courses, which have limited spots, and now opening that to way more golfers will make those spots a lot tougher to get it is going to be harder to make a decision about spending my $ here.
    Our goal is to keep our members happy and have them play as much golf as possible, and we buy our passes based on statistical data and courses that are most in demand... If we only have 4 or 8 passes at certain courses it's either because of one of 2 factors:

1. The number of passes at that course reflects the demand for It ... We can't permit ourselves to buy 20 spots at a course when past usage indicates that we would only fill 4-8 of those on a daily basis. If we did that we would not be in business for very long.

2. The course sells a limited amount of Corperate memberships to its course

Cheers,
    Last edited by Duckhook81; 10-24-2014 at 03:46 PM.

Thread Information