CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Medalist cleek is on a distinguished road
    I have been with CG for a number of years and play regularly with 2 buddies, we very seldom have issues getting courses we want to play. You do however need to be organized , booking last minute likely won't get you your course preference. Always have 3 preferred course options when starting your hunt. The better courses go fast so you need to be quick on the draw the first 30 minutes of the day the spots come available.
    The program I have been with is top notch , hopefully this joint venture makes a good thing that much better.

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cleek View Post
    I have been with CG for a number of years and play regularly with 2 buddies, we very seldom have issues getting courses we want to play. You do however need to be organized , booking last minute likely won't get you your course preference. Always have 3 preferred course options when starting your hunt. The better courses go fast so you need to be quick on the draw the first 30 minutes of the day the spots come available.
    The program I have been with is top notch , hopefully this joint venture makes a good thing that much better.
    I also agree with this.

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar
    [QUOTE=Kak;514586]Not sure it's gonna be a great deal for the members, competition gone= price increase?

Gatineau this year $25. tax included with Golf Extra.

2015 priced at $28. plus taxes =$32.[/QUOTE

At first glance the rates are very competitive. Gatineau is one of the exception to the rule. Look at Kingsway for example:
    http://golfselect.ca/courses-rates.html
    $18($20.34 wisth HST) and 12 spots. It used to be $20 and 4 spots. So $0.34 more but more spots and membership cost is less than what it used to be.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Gotta Post Break68 is on a distinguished road Break68's Avatar
    This is all so intriguing. Too bad I just renewed with my current golf discount membership. I am looking at getting a refund to keep my options open for 2015.
    Obviously you're not a golfer.

Unless you're with EG then it's all good. My understanding is all 3 (Golf Xtra, CG,RM) will still operate under the same name but all 3 will have the same membership price, rates and spots
    Mahatma Gandhi

Gotta Post Break68 is on a distinguished road Break68's Avatar
    um, well............sound of crickets.....................
    Obviously you're not a golfer.

Bogie Kak is on a distinguished road
    [QUOTE=Chieflongtee;514662]
    Quote Originally Posted by Kak View Post
    Not sure it's gonna be a great deal for the members, competition gone= price increase?

Gatineau this year $25. tax included with Golf Extra.

2015 priced at $28. plus taxes =$32.[/QUOTE

At first glance the rates are very competitive. Gatineau is one of the exception to the rule. Look at Kingsway for example:
    http://golfselect.ca/courses-rates.html
    $18($20.34 wisth HST) and 12 spots. It used to be $20 and 4 spots. So $0.34 more but more spots and membership cost is less than what it used to be.
    Kingsway I play once a year. Gatineau is the busiest with the most spots 48, and I average 20 games a year there, so that's a $140. increase for me and lots of other members. Why a 28% increase???
    Last edited by Kak; 10-18-2014 at 03:35 PM.

realbuzz
    You will have no problem booking a foursome at 95% of the courses.
    Equinelle (8 spots at the moment) and Meadows (4 spots at the moment) may be a little more difficult.
    Marshes, Stonebridge and Loch March will be more accessible.
    At GolfXtra, 50 % of bookings are made in foursomes, 40% in twosomes, 10% singles or treesomes.

Driver Golfer100 is on a distinguished road
    OMG..what a terrible business launch. If it weren't for Rogers/Sportsnet screw-up on the NHL broadcasting this Golf Select launch would be #1…...

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    I was not sure if I was the only one. After doing some calculating I can not find any advantage to this new "golf select". Personally I think it is a sign that "if it looks big- it must be better" which is not always true. A few of these courses are not in our area---that is just a build-up.

As golfer100 says---"what a terrible launch". Maybe--just maybe the smaller guys are getting nervous ??? Too many unanswered questions at this point.

I said in my first post that I thought this was a good thing---then I noticed one reseller not there. Too bad---if EVERYONE had of gotten together on this then maybe this would have been a good thing..................AND with the use of this great forum platform we would all have benefitted ?????
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Out of Bounds orangeTANG is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by realbuzz View Post
    You will have no problem booking a foursome at 95% of the courses.
    Equinelle (8 spots at the moment) and Meadows (4 spots at the moment) may be a little more difficult.
    Marshes, Stonebridge and Loch March will be more accessible.
    At GolfXtra, 50 % of bookings are made in foursomes, 40% in twosomes, 10% singles or treesomes.
    That's great information, thank you. Someone above suggested I wouldn't have a problem as long as I booked as soon as the booking opened for a course, and had 2-3 courses in mind. Is that your feeling also, based on the information you provided?

I guess I'm just struggling at determining just how many people actually use the booking system for particular courses. Say for example the 8 spots at eQuinelle, which is really only 2x foursomes. If I need half of those, how realistic is it I'll be able to book 1/2 the total available spots, and which how much lead time?

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    I'm thoroughly confused as well. I guess I will wait and see but am holding off renewing anything until which time I fully understand what's what.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    I also will wait until the smoke clears to get a better picture.

Nothing to be confused about. It is a merger.
    It clearly states on their webpage:
    http://golfselect.ca/
    If you are curently a member of Corporate Golf, GolfXtra or Reservation Masters please contact them directly to renew your membership.

So no matter where you join the base membership price will be the same across i.e $229.20 plus tax. They have also merged the number of spots.
    For example they have 48 spots at Gatineau, 10 at Mont Cascades etc. In conclusion same membership price across and more spots
    Mahatma Gandhi

dan said it was a premium on top of the RM membership. how much is the premium?

Quote Originally Posted by jeffc View Post
    Not sure if that's what he meant but at this time RM is $199.
    http://www.ottawagolf.com/club/index.html

So I assume the premium would be the difference between $199 and $229.20
    Mahatma Gandhi

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    Yes--that's what I read---assuming you would be paying for the opportunity to have the previously omitted courses on your new membership ??????

A simple merger--that makes a lot of sense--but I have the feeling it will be more than that---competition will be high for our $$$ next year---we will just have to wait and see what shakes down
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Quote Originally Posted by Chieflongtee View Post
    Not sure if that's what he meant but at this time RM is $199.
    http://www.ottawagolf.com/club/index.html

So I assume the premium would be the difference between $199 and $229.20
    I was on last minute. yet there is no last minute on golf select. see? lots of questions and lack of clarity

Quote Originally Posted by big mac View Post

A simple merger--that makes a lot of sense--but I have the feeling it will be more than that---competition will be high for our $$$ next year---we will just have to wait and see what shakes down
    Nothing on their website about the prices going up:
    Just this:
    Please note that the course list is preliminary and that the restrictions and advance booking information is under review and will be updated as information becomes available.
    Prices shown are before taxes
    Mahatma Gandhi

I was on last minute. yet there is no last minute on golf select. see? lots of questions and lack of clarity
    See post number 20
    You can join one of the individual clubs, or GS. If you are a member of one of the individual clubs already you can upgrade for the price difference. Not all options are offered (platinum, last minute, etc) through GS.

So for now no last minute and no platinum at $1800( unlimited). That would mean that you'd have to pay the difference between $30 and $229.20 to have access to all the courses and booking up to 7 days in advance.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by big mac View Post

EG is still around so there is competition. And although the rates for most couses are higher KAK might want to join as Gatineau is only $25

There are also deals on Groupon and Tuango and most probably others
    Mahatma Gandhi

Bogie Kak is on a distinguished road
    EG is still around so there is competition. And although the rates for most couses are higher KAK might want to join as Gatineau is only $25

There are also deals on Groupon and Tuango and most probably others
    I guess Chief is Chief of promotions.... for a few free games at Kingsway ???

See post number 20
    You can join one of the individual clubs, or GS. If you are a member of one of the individual clubs already you can upgrade for the price difference. Not all options are offered (platinum, last minute, etc) through GS.

So for now no last minute and no platinum at $1800( unlimited). That would mean that you'd have to pay the difference between $30 and $229.20 to have access to all the courses and booking up to 7 days in advance.
    Andre, i received a PM from Golfxtra informing me that they will be offering a prepaid membership next year. They have all the courses mentioned on GolfSelect.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcos View Post
    Andre, i received a PM from Golfxtra informing me that they will be offering a prepaid membership next year. They have all the courses mentioned on GolfSelect.
    See https://www.golfxtra.ca/en/
    While they have created an alliance they still offer regular memberships. So you have the choice Golf select or your old discount club.
    Golf Extra has even a promotion not offerd by others so far: $25 credit for referal
    Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Kak View Post
    I guess Chief is Chief of promotions.... for a few free games at Kingsway ???
    Only played there once this year. I understand your frustration with Gatineau. But if the rate went up it most probably originates from the Gatineau management and not the discount club. Reminds me of the restriction at the Champlain,Gatineau and Vieux Moulins a couple years back. You could only play after 12 on weekends. Their reason for doing so was to maximize their prime time revenue. But they shot themselves in the foot as golfers went elsewhere. No respect for us hackers Supply and demand
    Mahatma Gandhi

See https://www.golfxtra.ca/en/
    While they have created an alliance they still offer regular memberships. So you have the choice Golf select or your old discount club.
    Golf Extra has even a promotion not offerd by others so far: $25 credit for referal
    Unlimited play for 1950.00 taxes in. This probably will work for me.

RM is $1800 and taxes are not included
    http://www.reservationmasters.ca/pla...p-details.aspx

Don't know if Golf xtra is taxes in
    Mahatma Gandhi

Will be interresting to see what the impact on E.G. will be. Do you think that courses will continue business with E.G. or will they go exclusive with GolfSelect?

[QUOTE=Chieflongtee;514810]RM is $1800 and taxes are not included
    http://www.reservationmasters.ca/pla...p-details.aspx

Don't know if RM is taxes in? also says unlimited play,no green fees? My understanding is that no fees up to 25.00 then you pay the aditional fee.

I don't see why EG could not purchase memberships anymore, The courses would lose out on additional income.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Thread Information