CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar

Announcing Golf Select

We are pleased to announce the formation of a new club in Ottawa called Golf Select. This is a joint venture between three well known Ottawa companies Corporate Golf, GolfXtra and Reservation Masters.

As individual companies we have always strived to provide quality, service and value to our customers. Golf Select further strengthens our position as it will allow our members to have more choice than ever before.

With Golf Select, you will now have more membership options. In addition to the standard offering of each individual club you can now join the newly formed Golf Select club with access to over 65 courses. Presently, negotiations are underway to allow Golf Select members to gain access to additional courses in the Ottawa area and the Laurentians.

As with all important business decisions, we will work closely with our members to ensure a smooth transition process. As a member of Golf Select you can be assured of the same quality and value that you have come to expect.

Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    So will those three companies still exist on their own running as they have been running?

Yes. This is a premium option to members of the individual clubs, or you can join Golf Select

Hybrid Hanoman is on a distinguished road
    With Corporate the posted rate includes the tax
    What's the deal here?

Lob Wedge Billythe3rd is on a distinguished road
    Well this just made the wait for next season that much harder. As a golfer who used to live west in the valley I could not be more happy seeing a few of my favorites get added to an already great lineup of courses.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    how many spots are there at each course?
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

There is much yet to work out. I believe prices don't include hst. The individual clubs spots will be combined. There will be lots, but I have no idea of exact numbers until spring.

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    Interesting.

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    WOW---I figured something would be coming this year or in the future----the 3 major companies together must contain a very large number of golfers. The individual golf clubs really need this revenue as actual membership is dropping---and in my mind the combining of all three make for one hell of a "club" without all the extras that are really not wanted.

It's akin to going for an oil change for 50.00 and having your complete vehicle examined for the 20.00 extra charge.

In my mind this is very very smart marketing and in the long run I think it will keep more people playing. There will probably be more of a shakeup this winter but the folks seeing the problems will prevail. We do have a lot of choices here in Ottawa---maybe too many and the revenue is spread too thin. Look what is happening at Pineview this year---that's a big turnaround and I don't think the rise in gas prices had anything to do with it.

I have always said that our green fee resellers are an asset to the business and in the end their pricing has been pretty close and they are all very easy to deal with. Lets hope that with this news everyone will benefit for next year
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar
    Gatineau $16 Weekends opening to 9:00 & after 12:00
    Is the price for the Gatineau a typo?
    Last edited by Chieflongtee; 10-15-2014 at 03:38 PM.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Kilroy View Post
    There is much yet to work out. I believe prices don't include hst. The individual clubs spots will be combined. There will be lots, but I have no idea of exact numbers until spring.

So for example:
    Corporate had 18 spots at the Gatineau. You had a few and Golf extra had a few. Does this mean that they will all add up?
    Mahatma Gandhi

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Will you be offering a Prepaid Membership as part of this new company?

Will there be a Juniors program?
    Mahatma Gandhi

Yes. This is a premium option to members of the individual clubs, or you can join Golf Select
    As of now joining club select is a better deal than joining Golf extra providing the individual round rates are the same unless golf extra has not updated their website:
    $259 Golf extra: https://www.golfxtra.ca/en/

$229.20 Golf select http://golfselect.ca/
    Mahatma Gandhi

Putter martygra75 is on a distinguished road
    eQuinelle at 28$, Marshes at 45 with cart, outaouais at 35 - can't go wrong with that.

Sand Wedge Duckhook81 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Chieflongtee View Post
    As of now joining club select is a better deal than joining Golf extra providing the individual round rates are the same unless golf extra has not updated their website:
    $259 Golf extra: https://www.golfxtra.ca/en/

$229.20 Golf select http://golfselect.ca/
    Hi There,

I am an official GolfXtra Representative.

GolfXtra membership prices were adversied as taxes included, hence the discrepency .. and golfselect.ca did not include taxes ... they are both the same price (after tax). I have now revised the Golfxtra.ca to show prices before tax on the main page. Please not that when you go through the checkout process all prices already have taxes included.
    Last edited by Duckhook81; 10-15-2014 at 08:23 PM. Reason: typo

Gatineau $16 Weekends opening to 9:00 & after 12:00
    Is the price for the Gatineau a typo?
    Quote Originally Posted by martygra75 View Post
    eQuinelle at 28$, Marshes at 45 with cart, outaouais at 35 - can't go wrong with that.

Unforturnatly these were all typos... correct prices are now proted on https://www.golfxtra.ca/en/golf-courses and incorrect prices have been reported to golfselect.ca webmasters.

Marshes is correct at 45 with cart

Gatineau is 28

Outaouais is 29 walking and 39 carting

eQuinelle is 39

Cheers,

Thank you Duckhook.
    On your website you have a 12 O'clock weekend restriction at Chateau Cartier. In years past the restriction was before 9 and after 11 with Corporate. Are these restrictions set in stone or just tentative?

I also do not get why Larimac is mandatory cart and why Vieux Moulins has a before 9 or after 12 restrictions(hardly anyone playing there now)
    It also seems that the restrictions are not the same across. For example Golf extra has no restrictions at Mont Cascades while Corporate has a 12 O'clock weekend restriction.Wilth the coming of Golf select will you standardize the rates and restrictions? Between the 3 of you Corporate had the best rates per round.Their base membership was higher but after a certain amount of rounds it became cheaper than RM and Golf Extra. And lastly how does Golf Extra go about tax(es) being based in Québec?
    Thank you.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    why would i join one of the individual clubs vs just joing golf select? and if i did join RM what is the cost for it to be a premium option?
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

You can join one of the individual clubs, or GS. If you are a member of one of the individual clubs already you can upgrade for the price difference. Not all options are offered (platinum, last minute, etc) through GS.

Restrictions have not yet been fully sorted. Its a work in progress and the details will be ironed out well before spring. Please have patience as the integration will be complex. Contact your club for details on how the integration is proceeding. Sorry guys, it's early days.

Thank you Duckhook.
    On your website you have a 12 O'clock weekend restriction at Chateau Cartier. In years past the restriction was before 9 and after 11 with Corporate. Are these restrictions set in stone or just tentative?

I also do not get why Larimac is mandatory cart and why Vieux Moulins has a before 9 or after 12 restrictions(hardly anyone playing there now)
    It also seems that the restrictions are not the same across. For example Golf extra has no restrictions at Mont Cascades while Corporate has a 12 O'clock weekend restriction.Wilth the coming of Golf select will you standardize the rates and restrictions? Between the 3 of you Corporate had the best rates per round.Their base membership was higher but after a certain amount of rounds it became cheaper than RM and Golf Extra. And lastly how does Golf Extra go about tax(es) being based in Québec?
    Thank you.
    Hi,

All restrictions will be streamlined accross all sites... I can confrim that Mont-Cascades will most likely be after 12:00 on weekends as it always has been. Vieux Moullins restrictions are likely to change once we enter into an agreement with them for 2015. As for Larimac including a Cart. GolfXtra and RM had Larrimac in 2014 GX included the cart for 9 and 18 holes and RM did not. We try and negotiate the best deal possible four our members and through past statistical usage Larrimac has proven to be frequented more when the cart is included for a mere 4-7$ more per round.

We make agreements throughout the off-season with each individual course therefore it is imposible to come out with an "set-in-stone" price list at this time. Golf season might be over soon but we don't take much of the winter off

Being based out of Quebec GolfXtra has to charge a slightly higher tax (1.975% higher) rate therefore we simply take the hit and lower our membership rates and per round rates accordingly. But for advertising purposes it is simpler to have a streamlined price accross the board.

Cheers,

Thank you Duckhook.
    As for Chateau Cartier being before 9 and after 11 it is the same restriction at GC at the momoent ... this is something they are currently offering as of the second week of october to end the season... during the course of the regular season it was before 8 and after 12.

cheers,

Quote Originally Posted by Duckhook81 View Post
    As for Chateau Cartier being before 9 and after 11 it is the same restriction at GC at the momoent ... this is something they are currently offering as of the second week of october to end the season... during the course of the regular season it was before 8 and after 12.

cheers,
    CG still has it at on their website:
    before 9:00 or after 11:00 on weekends and holidays.
    Thank you
    Mahatma Gandhi

CG still has it at on their website:
    before 9:00 or after 11:00 on weekends and holidays.
    Thank you
    Yes, as do we (GX) in our members section ... like I said, they changed it to reflect the restrictions that is now being offered by Chateau Cartier as a fall special.... the standard this year for GX during the season was before 8 and after 11... now for the fall its before 9 and after 11

7 Iron sliceleft is on a distinguished road
    The offer for current members of one club to upgrade to a combination will remain open until the details of the combination are known and published? Until I know what the difference will be, I'm not sure what to do.

For instance, RM has four daily spots at Meadows, which are almost always booked very quickly. Will the combination open those few spots up to more people, watering down the benefits of being an RM(-only) member? More spots at Meadows would be lovely,as would spots at clubs not on RM's current list; more spots at Stonebridge (which never seem to be used up) would not be a big deal.

Do each of the clubs have a roster of spots in more or less the same proportion to their membership, or will we have to run to stay still? Until we know that, we encourage you to keep up the discussion, and keep our options open.

Bogie Kak is on a distinguished road
    Not sure it's gonna be a great deal for the members, competition gone= price increase?

Gatineau this year $25. tax included with Golf Extra.

2015 priced at $28. plus taxes =$32.

Moderator Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 BogeyGolf is on a distinguished road BogeyGolf's Avatar
    I will save my comments for when the list of courses list, number of spots, and prices are posted.

Out of Bounds orangeTANG is on a distinguished road
    I'm very intrigued by this. I've been a member at a course for the better part of 6 years and I'm starting to feel it a little repetitive. I normally play 2-3 times per week, one "mens night" which is really just guys getting together to play 18 after work, and my regular round on the weekend. I normally golf with the same 3-4 people. How realistic is it that I'd be able to find 4 spots open on a weekly basis? I'm on the west end and am very interested in playing Stonebridge, eQuinelle, Loch March and the Marshes more frequently, and would consider heading further into the valley to Arnprior and Renfrew area from time to time.

For people that have had these sorts of memberships in the past, is it geared towards people that play as singles, or is it easy to find places to play as a 4some all summer long?

Thread Information